• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] INTJ Enneagram 1 vs 5 vs 8

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The three most common types of Enneagram for an INTJ are 1, 5 and 8. How do you see the differences between these types of INTJs?

Valis

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
This is an interesting question and I'm looking forward to reading the responses to it. I have little understanding on enneagram other than that I am 5w6.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is an interesting question and I'm looking forward to reading the responses to it. I have little understanding on enneagram other than that I am 5w6.
Same here.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTJ 1- :rules:
INTJ 5- :coffee:
INTJ 8- :evilgenius:
Just my quick overall impression. :laugh:

Owfin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Actually, I think INTJ 1 would look more like: :sage:

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Data comes from here.

enneagrammbticorrelation.jpg

http://webspace.webring.com/people/cl/lifexplore/typecorr.htm

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Type 1 INTJ

ayn-rand-quotes.jpg

Type 5 INTJ

mark-zuckerberg870.jpg

Type 8 INTJ

BatmanFancy.jpg

Mycroft

The elder Holmes
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'm curious about Type 1 INTJs. Ni is, in description, the function that should be most in-tune to the relativity of things, and best at seeing things from a variety of perspectives, whereas Type 1s... struggle with this. To put it diplomatically.

Malcontent

MBTI Type
abcd
INTJs 1 and 6 are more ISTJish
INTJs 5 are more INTPish
INTJs 8 and 3 are more ENTJish

rav3n

I'm curious about Type 1 INTJs. Ni is, in description, the function that should be most in-tune to the relativity of things, and best at seeing things from a variety of perspectives, whereas Type 1s... struggle with this. To put it diplomatically.
As a guess, INTJ 1s have an autty flavour since they're dedicated to categorical boxes.

R

Riva

Ah, are those the three main enneagram types of INTJs? If so I feel quite lucky because I have three close friends of all three types.

Some of the differences I have noticed between the three types and common traits. Not particularly well organized when I wrote them, just some random facts which crossed my mind.

INTJ Enneagram 5 -

The INTJ 5w4 is the closest to me and calls me a best friend. When he is with me he is more talkative than I am and probably talks more than he talks with others for the whole past year put together. His internal monologue is amazing. He tells me every one of his self directed question (out loud). I feel really lucky to hear these because this are so very linear and goes on for quite a long time. It is hard to have a linear thought line for that long I feel. And I believe i haven't met anyone who continues to think for so long on a particular subject for that long until one reaches a decision. he is extremely hard on himself and disappointed with the people around him. Quite critical too. He never shows it to the people he interacts with unless he is extremely mad. But thanks to his internal monologue spilled out at me I get to hear everything he says. he is the most likely to be under stress at most times.

INTJ Enneagram 1-

Not entirely sure whether he is a E 1 with extremely strong wing 2 or a E 2. This one is quite religious. And is the most tolerant out of all three of them. Peaceful and the most kindhearted. But at the end of the day he is an INTJ and is by all means hard on self and critical of others. Even though he adds sympathy and empathy when he criticizes others much more than the other two he does punch you on the face. This one is also the most religious of them all. And his religion forces him to be more empathetic. (He is a Buddhist.) He is also extremely helpful. And like all INTJs knows whether he can help you or not. He can work like an elephant and is the most consistent in his pace of work compared to the three. His girlfriend scolds him quite often for going out of his way to complete the work of the whole department and not only his. (I have a feeling he is an Enneagram 2 though.)

INTJ Enneagram 8 -

Growing up his father used to get drunk and beat the crap out of him. He is rude, stronger than an Ox, was in the Austrian Special forces and is one of the strongest people I have ever met. (Obviously the strongest in my close circle of friends). He is the hardest to survive with because he is so very efficient. No matter how good you are, no matter how hard you try you are never good enough. But at the same time again one of the most helpful people I have ever met in my life. He will call you stupid, he will call you slow, he will call you weak but he is so very sensitive. More sensitive than both the others but hides it behind a mask.

He is also good at something that other INTJs are not. He is good with women. Okay he is NOT romantic or flirtatious. But he is not the typical INTJs who waits eons to tell a girl he likes her. He likes a girl, he checks whether she has a guy and asks her out. He dates a lot. Mostly casual (except for the 1st one). And he parties quite a lot. but reserved and that could never be mistaken.

--

All in all all the 3 INTJs have a few things in common –

Decisive
Absolutely Confident (in their decisions)
Ambitious
Accomplished
Odd
Everyone initially hates them (except for the E 5 one who looks innocent but not)
Usually the best in the field (work place or college)
Bosses or teachers love them
Hardworking
Ruthless at times
Cunning and knows how to destroy people that hurt them (and do)
Extremely helpful (never says no due to laziness, always thinks and gives a final word, mostly a yes)
The most dependable people I know
Though not athletic has excelled in sports
(One a good cricketer E 5, one a very good wrestler E 1, one a good boxer, cricketer and a special forces soldier E 8).
Kindhearted than they pretend to be
Sensitive than they pretend to be (Except maybe the 5w4 one)
Hard on themselves
Critical of others
Can work like machines and do
Tries to do good (according to their own religious standards)

R

Riva

Anyway the INTJs I have mentioned above are the most helpful, dependable people I know. This could be due to being Ni doms. Ni doms are extremely good at time management. And when helping others it is not the recourses (money, power, influence) one has what matters. It is the ability/need to spend a few minutes of one's life on behalf of another.

Just think about it.

All the times in which you never helped another is not because you didn't have the recources or you couldn't, it is becuae you were too lazy, too scared you'll lose your own time or too busy.

Ni (INTJs) doms are so good with time, in a split second they would decide to stop what they are doing to help a person in need because they know they can complete what was interrupted.

INTJs are the most helpful people I know. Of course I have met only 1 confirmed INFJ in real life and hasn't spent enough time with her to see whether she is helpful of not.

Mycroft

The elder Holmes
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Has anyone personally known an INTJ 3? I'd be interested to know what one of them would be like. (I've seen Arnie attributed as one, but he seems like a pretty textbook 8 to me...)

Malcontent

MBTI Type
abcd
Has anyone personally known an INTJ 3? I'd be interested to know what one of them would be like. (I've seen Arnie attributed as one, but he seems like a pretty textbook 8 to me...)

Uhm, he seems more 3ish to me... But maybe Lance Armstrong is a good intj 3w4 example.
Fictional: the first comes to mind is Christina Yang in Grey's anatomy.

R

Riva

Because they are less sensitive or because they pretend less?

None of the three INTJs I described pretend to be sensitive. Infact if they pretend, they would pretend their best to appear not-sensitive.

Anyway I don't know the exact reason why the 5w4 one is less sensitive than the other two types. Could be because they are the types to shun the need to bond with others the most? (He has very few friends compared to the other two who have quite a lot of friends and sees the need to socialize much more, though not social butterflies.)

Maybe having a need to bond with others make people from developing sensitivity?

Yeah it probably does.

Ps - You're an 5w4 aren't you? :tongue:

R

Riva

I don't need you! :p

I meant with friends not with me :p.

Lolz....

You're curiosity directed at that one particular type and that particular point I made, made me suspect you were obviously a 5w4.