• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] "It seemed like a good idea at the time"

NotOfTwo

small potatoes
MBTI Type
INTP
On a fairly frequent basis, I realize I made an unwise choice in life. Some are small, some gargantuan. At times, I know I had the suspicion I should have chosen differently, but often it really seemed like a good idea. :doh:

ex. : I thought it was smart to buy a bag of 5 avocados, the price was so good! Those little suckers are expensive.
I now have 4 1/2 ripe avocados to consume. I love them but so rich..

ex. : It was brilliant to double the recipe! Except it wasn't!

ex. : I got married before I turned 20. That one was a doozy. I feel sad that the baby me made that decision. Had a lot of repairs to do. :cry:

I was pondering the 5 lb papaya sitting on my counter and decided to make a thread. I hope it turns out to be a good idea.

It can be healing to talk about our pain. :hug: Has anyone else purchased unreasonable amounts of produce, or ...?

A

Anew Leaf

On a fairly frequent basis, I realize I made an unwise choice in life. Some are small, some gargantuan. At times, I know I had the suspicion I should have chosen differently, but often it really seemed like a good idea. :doh:

ex. : I thought it was smart to buy a bag of 5 avocados, the price was so good! Those little suckers are expensive.

ex. : It was brilliant to double the recipe! Except it wasn't!

ex. : I got married before I turned 20. That one was a doozy. I feel sad that the baby me made that decision. Had a lot of repairs to do. :cry:

I was pondering the 5 lb papaya sitting on my counter and decided to make a thread. I hope it turns out to be a good idea.

It can be healing to talk about our pain. :hug: Has anyone else purchased unreasonable amounts of produce, or ...?

*settles in for an interesting thread*

Ok, first, I laughed at your story about the avocadoes. I too purchased 4 or 5 a couple weeks ago because they were ONLY A DOLLAR!!! and I was planning on adding them to my morning smoothie... however, I didn't want to consume an entire avocado each day so I tried to stagger it......... and was soon dealing with 3 overripe avocadoes and no desire to eat them.

:hug: on your marriage idea.

For me I blame my entire senior year of high school and college years on where I am today..... basically not being where I want to be. I am sad over what baby me decided back then as well. I had the option for a full ride in college if i chose "food science" as my major with a guarenteed job after graduation. i also got into college with enough AP credits that I had an entire year fulfilled before I even started school. what did i do with that? i switched majors 20 times, started 10 different majors... and it took me 5.5 years to graduate with an ok but far from stellar gpa... with a fairly useless english lit and creative writing degree.

sometimes i think if i could build a time machine i would go back in time to strangle myself. ;) oh noes! paradox!

anyways, i don't mean to take over your blog with my problems. :)

:hug:

NotOfTwo

small potatoes
MBTI Type
INTP
[MENTION=13402]Saturned[/MENTION], yes, I saw it. :dry:

But yes, we shoot ourselves in the foot don't we? We also shoot other people in the foot sometimes.

The papaya was NOT delicious! Very disappointing. I have had it before and though odd, it was pleasant. This one was unripe but threatening rot, very annoying. Trashed it as unworthy of digestion.
My avocados are perfect, but as you say, an avocado a day is a bit much. Hmmm, do I remember you having some Galaxy Guacamole recipe? I can eat a sleigh full of that!

A

Anew Leaf

[MENTION=13402]Saturned[/MENTION], yes, I saw it. :dry:

But yes, we shoot ourselves in the foot don't we? We also shoot other people in the foot sometimes.

The papaya was NOT delicious! Very disappointing. I have had it before and though odd, it was pleasant. This one was unripe but threatening rot, very annoying. Trashed it as unworthy of digestion.
My avocados are perfect, but as you say, an avocado a day is a bit much. Hmmm, do I remember you having some Galaxy Guacamole recipe? I can eat a sleigh full of that!

galaxy guacamole:

avocadoes
cilantro
cumin
black pepper
salt
fresh garlic
white onion
serrano peppers
fresh lime juice

i stick the avocadoes in whole (they get mashed enough when you hand mix)... i mince the white onion, slice the serranos fine, and chop the cilantro as fine as i can... i add LOADS of cumin, salt, and fresh black pepper to taste. i also add a ton of garlic. :)

enough lime juice to prevent it going brown and to add yummy flavors... but not so much that it makes the guac watery.

:D i don't measure anything, i just go by taste.

N

NPcomplete

Ooh Owly is this your blog? I'm bringing my comfy chair, Andrew Bird cds and snacks.

I've done my share of less-than-smart things too.

I took some ridiculously difficult courses in my first year of uni only for the thrill and challenge of it, in spite of the warnings from upper-years. I learnt some interesting life lessons that year. :unsure:

Anyway, I love your thread idea!! :hug:

NotOfTwo

small potatoes
MBTI Type
INTP
[MENTION=13402]Saturned[/MENTION]

:yesss: SOoo delicious! I make tomorrow fo sho!!

Thank you!!

NotOfTwo

small potatoes
MBTI Type
INTP
Ooh Owly is this your blog? I'm bringing my comfy chair, Andrew Bird cds and snacks.

I've done my share of less-than-smart things too.

I took some ridiculously difficult courses in my first year of uni only for the thrill and challenge of it, in spite of the warnings from upper-years. I learnt some interesting life lessons that year. :unsure:

Anyway, I love your thread idea!! :hug:

Blog??
Thank you for coming and bringing such nice accompaniments. :drwho:

School seems to be a common rethink. I think many of us would handle it differently if we could. What else you got? :burns:

N

NPcomplete

Blog??
Thank you for coming and bringing such nice accompaniments. :drwho:

School seems to be a common rethink. I think many of us would handle it differently if we could. What else you got? :burns:

Oh no blog then. :p

I will have to think of some more...I can't easily recall things like that. They have to come to me and you know how excellent my memory is.. heheh

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
I've done so many things like this that I don't even like to think about them, much less post them. :dont: Ne can quickly lead to what appears to me and anyone reasonably intelligent as sheer idiocy. :doh: Fortunately, Ne also helps me compensate or get out of the bad situations I put myself into, but it usually requires Ti to come to the rescue. ;)

I know! Fedex Overnight me 2 of the avocados! :happy2: I'll pay for the shipping!

^ see, a "seemed like a good idea at the time" decision already getting started! :biggrin:

NotOfTwo

small potatoes
MBTI Type
INTP
:heart:

Sometime I shall make it for you in person!!

Do you snow shoe at all?

Sweet!!

I have considered snow shoeing but I invested in cross country skis last year. It is good to find a way to not hate winter. :yes:

NotOfTwo

small potatoes
MBTI Type
INTP
I've done so many things like this that I don't even like to think about them, much less post them. :dont: Ne can quickly lead to what appears to me and anyone reasonably intelligent as sheer idiocy. :doh: Fortunately, Ne also helps me compensate or get out of the bad situations I put myself into, but it usually requires Ti to come to the rescue. ;)

I hear that! Sigh.

I know! Fedex Overnight me 2 of the avocados! :happy2: I'll pay for the shipping!

What?! That's a terrific idea! Avocado rescue. Kind of like Puggle rescue. You know...

NotOfTwo

small potatoes
MBTI Type
INTP
Going to bed sounded good about an hour ago but I delayed. So my little loves...:offtobed:

I often invent silly details about my life and tell them to people and later wonder why I did it?

Among other things. Caution is not ALWAYS my strongest suit.

A

Anew Leaf

Sweet!!

I have considered snow shoeing but I invested in cross country skis last year. It is good to find a way to not hate winter. :yes:

Yes, that's my goal this winter. :)

I'm going to start with snow shoeing and then graduate to country country skiing next year. (p.s. We can rent snow shoes from some of the state parks :D)

A

Anew Leaf

Other, non school good ideas at the time...

Some of my relationshipsmwould definily fall into this pattern! :)

And for awhile I thought my kitty fell into this as well :(. But now things are getting better. /relieved.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Being the absolute control freak I am, I've tried my best to learn from those with more experience than me and take their advice...

Sometimes, I've ventured out on my own. Sometimes it was a hit, sometimes a miss.
Some of my misses:
- Hey, that's a great idea! I know we haven't been dating for long, but if we both require roommates for school why don't we go ahead and get an apartment together? It's not going to be a relationship thing, just a roommate thing.
- Oh.. Yeah, sure, I know you didn't ASK ME if these strangers could move into my home, but sure, let's let them stay since you know them.
- Well.. I don't want to date you and risk our careers until we get home, but we can still talk and get to know each other until then.
- Oh.. I'll buy these shoes since they're on sale, even though they're a size too big.. I can deal with that I think.

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
Definitely!

What?! That's a terrific idea! Avocado rescue. Kind of like Puggle rescue. You know...
Right, I just can't bear the thought of perfectly good avocados going uneaten... no home... just.... just.... rotting away and meeting the fate of that papaya. :boohoo:

Going to bed sounded good about an hour ago but I delayed. So my little loves...:offtobed:
It sounded like a good idea 3 hours ago for me! :doh: :doh:

I often invent silly details about my life and tell them to people and later wonder why I did it?

Now I know who to scrutinize more carefully in vent! :thelook: :biggrin:

NotOfTwo

small potatoes
MBTI Type
INTP
Being the absolute control freak I am, I've tried my best to learn from those with more experience than me and take their advice...

Sometimes, I've ventured out on my own. Sometimes it was a hit, sometimes a miss.
Some of my misses:
- Hey, that's a great idea! I know we haven't been dating for long, but if we both require roommates for school why don't we go ahead and get an apartment together? It's not going to be a relationship thing, just a roommate thing.
- Oh.. Yeah, sure, I know you didn't ASK ME if these strangers could move into my home, but sure, let's let them stay since you know them.
- Well.. I don't want to date you and risk our careers until we get home, but we can still talk and get to know each other until then.
- Oh.. I'll buy these shoes since they're on sale, even though they're a size too big.. I can deal with that I think.

LOL. I hear you. Sigh. :hug:

NotOfTwo

small potatoes
MBTI Type
INTP

That's an interesting one. I had a friend who would lie to me about whatever, and then 5 min later, apologize and tell me she lied. I would be puzzled and she could never explain why either. You aren't ESFP are you?