• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] "It seemed like a good idea at the time"

NotOfTwo

small potatoes
MBTI Type
INTP
Definitely!

Right, I just can't bear the thought of perfectly good avocados going uneaten... no home... just.... just.... rotting away and meeting the fate of that papaya. :boohoo:

All is well, I am making a big batch of guacomole a la Saturned. (there is no hungry emoticon, oddly enough, so imagine..)

BAJ

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
Awesome! You made a blog thread.

Oh, my...about an hour ago I threw away 20 pounds potatoes that went bad because it was only $3 for 20 Lb. I bought them long, long ago when they set up a a tent with cheap prices out in from of the Piggly Wiggly.

Oh, my, you somewhat know my history and I know yours a little. ((((((((((NotOfTwo))))))))))))))) I wished that I had a normal life and a normal childhood.

I still haven't really had a romantic relationship with intimacy, and I don't expect it. Things have improved, however. I should PM you since there are some positive things.

Yet, for the purpose of the thread, I will relate that I had $250,000 in military scholarships, including an appointment to a military academy. Yet, everyone who knew me in general life would say I was not military suited. My father had hoped I would change, but I didn't change. I was not able to do it. Meanwhile, I had told my civilian scholarships I was going military.

Reflecting now, I could have been many different things and got a better job. I am here in the rural area. I like it in many ways, but I'm fantasizing about moving to the city.

That's an interesting one. I had a friend who would lie to me about whatever, and then 5 min later, apologize and tell me she lied. I would be puzzled and she could never explain why either. You aren't ESFP are you?

This is EXACTLY what I do. They're not even lies of any consequence, they're stupid goofy things that no one cares about either way that just bust their way out.

I'm not ESFP though, I'm some flavour of IxxP, probably INFP.

N

NPcomplete

This is EXACTLY what I do. They're not even lies of any consequence, they're stupid goofy things that no one cares about either way that just bust their way out.

I'm not ESFP though, I'm some flavour of IxxP, probably INFP.

That's like what the girl in Garden State did. :p

__

Another thing I just remembered:

Watching too many movies at one go or reading too many books at the same time! I end up with a lot of undigested plots and they grow arms and legs and all get attached together.. :p

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I, too, have bought bags of avocado and let them rot. The ex was disgusted with me. I did it again, but I made a mash for my hair with them. I like the way it made my hair feel but it's not a good idea to let a food product go down a bathtub drain.

I, too, married at 20. That didn't seem like a good idea but a good alternative/escape at the time. I thought I could mold into something else. I hate being wrong.

When do we show up for the guacamole feast? That way it will be a good idea for all time, not just at the time.

T

ThatGirl

I only regret my decisions before I make them. Once its done, 4 1/2 ripe avocados or not, you would have been stupid to not have done the same thing.

:coffee:

F

figsfiggyfigs

Well, sometimes it doesn't play out as expected. So I guess, yes, I've experienced 'this' before.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Nooo's I didn't buy any avocados and didn't get married at 20...my life is over!

On a side note I ate some mushy avocados today at a Beetroot Cafe and it tasted like someone put pepper and asphalt into it. yum

Oh and I like this thread.

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
Placeholder for a potential example: Go backpacking in the coldest part of the country in winter.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I do that with food ALL the time too. I'm overoptimistic about my future self's motivation to cook things. I do well with things that don't require ANY preparation (baby carrots, fruit, cottage cheese, etc), but even things as easy to eat as broccoli, avocados, celery, potatoes, etc go bad way too often. I try to stop myself from buying those 10lb bags of potatoes now but I still cave once in a while "cause it'll totally be different this time".... :laugh:

NotOfTwo

small potatoes
MBTI Type
INTP
[MENTION=9883]Redbone[/MENTION], [MENTION=4384]ThatGirl[/MENTION], I have purchased more avocados. Please to attend the feast of no regrets.

BTW, the first batch of guac was out of this world!!! Very edible.

NotOfTwo

small potatoes
MBTI Type
INTP
[MENTION=206]Randomnity[/MENTION], I purchased a 10 lb bag of yellow onions. There were casualties. I did get an amazing pot of french onion soup out of it though.

Your post sounded like me to me. :) Optimistic veg purchasers UNITE!!

NotOfTwo

small potatoes
MBTI Type
INTP
Today I thought it would be very wise to use my about to expire milk up by making pudding.

I now have 1.5 quarts of choclate pudding to eat....(calling [MENTION=13402]Saturned[/MENTION]) :saturned:

NotOfTwo

small potatoes
MBTI Type
INTP
So, I guess I will keep this thread going by myself. :puppy_dog_eyes:

FYI, fellow pudding skin fans, leaving the pudding uncovered longer in order to harvest thicker skin does not work. It gets harder not thicker. Upon reflection, I should have surmised that.

N

NPcomplete

So, I guess I will keep this thread going by myself. :puppy_dog_eyes:

FYI, fellow pudding skin fans, leaving the pudding uncovered longer in order to harvest thicker skin does not work. It gets harder not thicker. Upon reflection, I should have surmised that.

Oh you want more tales of food excess? I've been eating 2 oranges every day because there was a sale. :ninja: On the one hand, I feel great but on the other hand, I'm craving for other fruits. I bought avocadoes for the very same reason. And a huge box of Earl Grey tea (but tea doesn't go bad so I may have to strike this one out).

Drats, I want pudding now. Tapioca pudding. You have any? :drool:

NotOfTwo

small potatoes
MBTI Type
INTP
Oh you want more tales of food excess?
It can be on a different subject.

I've been eating 2 oranges every day because there was a sale. :ninja: On the one hand, I feel great but on the other hand, I'm craving for other fruits.
I did the same thing with grapefruits.

I bought avocadoes for the very same reason.
I have 2 to eat. Yum!

And a huge box of Earl Grey tea (but tea doesn't go bad so I may have to strike this one out).
Yeah, that doesn't count.

Drats, I want pudding now. Tapioca pudding. You have any? :drool:
I canz make!!

N

NPcomplete

I canz make!!

I'm packing my stuff..wait for me!!!

Another case of "It seemed like a good idea at the time" would be whenever I over-analyse situations. "Just do it" is a motto I should adopt. :doh:

NotOfTwo

small potatoes
MBTI Type
INTP
I agree. The following of instincts can be oddly effective. Also, painful. OUCH