• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] What Strategy Would Win Ron Paul the Republican Nomination/Presidency

Beorn

Permabanned
Interesting. I think Ron Paul is a good man. He may have disavowed his views once he saw the negative affect it had on people; at minimum, he didn't thoroughly QA his newsletter. Regardless, I think he should take responsibility for everything that was published under his name that he made money off of, which he doesn't appear to be doing now. And maybe he already did that 20-yrs ago and feels like he shouldn't have to go over it again, but to those of us that are still on the fence about him and just now hearing about the newsletter writings, it's like it just happened. What would it hurt for him to be humble, be calm, put a smile on his face, accept responsibility for the facts, and apologize for not doing a thorough QA check before the final release? I would respect that. I don't respect the emotional distress coupled with resistance to address all of the facts/concerns.

Please recognize that when he gets asked these questions his disdain is not for you, but for the media. They are playing games and trying to smear him while he's trying to get elected so he can really change things. He has taken moral responsibility for this every time this comes up every couple of years for the last decade. The media does not want an apology and humility. They merely want to smear him. It's bad enough they are not interested in informing the public about important issues, and merely want to create drama and entertain. But, now they are purposely blocking a real anti-establishment candidate. It's ridiculous how they treat him. Take this short clip of all of David Gregory's questions last week:

[YOUTUBE="6YXvXd0QBkU"]MTP 12/12/11[/YOUTUBE]

He is the only serious candidate who wants to address America's real problems and they absolutely disrespect him and waste his time.

[YOUTUBE="yp-3JVDszfY"].[/YOUTUBE]

As for strategy... I can't wait untill they unleash Carol. She's awesome.
[YOUTUBE="VT2dlXikuCY"]Carol Paul[/YOUTUBE]

Everybody presumes he's a kook because they've never heard him explain his positions... which is the way most of the msm wants to keep it.

Edit: reworded to better explain the way the media mistreats Paul.

A

A window to the soul

Please recognize that when he gets asked these questions his disdain is not for you, but for the media. They are playing games and trying to smear him while he's trying to get elected so he can really change things. He has taken moral responsibility for this every time this comes up every couple of years for the last decade. The media does not want an apology and humility. They merely want to smear him. It's bad enough they are not interested in informing the public about important issues, and merely want to create drama and entertain. But, now they are purposely blocking a real anti-establishment candidate. It's ridiculous how they treat him. Take this short clip of all of David Gregory's questions last week:Everybody presumes he's a kook because they've never heard him explain his positions... which is the way most of the msm wants to keep it.

Edit: reworded to better explain the way the media mistreats Paul.

Thank you for the insight and for posting the videos; that helps me decipher Ron Paul's behavior more accurately and fairly. I'm disturbed by the asinine question directed at him in the second video. The disrespect is unmistakable. Why do you suppose Ron Paul is a target for, what appears to be, undeserved badgering amongst other things? (I haven't noticed the other GOP candidates being treated that disrespectfully; please correct me if I'm wrong.)

Beorn

Permabanned
Thank you for the insight and for posting the videos; that helps me decipher Ron Paul's behavior more accurately and fairly. I'm disturbed by the asinine question directed at him in the second video. The disrespect is unmistakable. Why do you suppose Ron Paul is a target for, what appears to be, undeserved badgering amongst other things? (I haven't noticed the other GOP candidates being treated that disrespectfully; please correct me if I'm wrong.)

Because, every other candidate represents the status quo... even Obama. We live in a country where billionaires manipulate the government to benefit themselves. Whether it's the republicans or the democrats the establishment elites can control them to their benefit. Paul wants to take them head-on and he wants REAL free market capitalism. His plan to audit and then shut down the Federal reserve threatens the billionaire's and banksters' piggy bank where they print trillions of dollars and loan it out secretly at 0% interest. Paul wants to get rid of crony capitalism and create real economic liberty. There's no way the establishment want someone who represents real change to win because they benefit in the status quo.

I don't think there's a conspiracy, but all of the company's that own the media outlets have the same interests and thus treat Ron the same way. CNN ran the newsletter story 4 years ago and every other news outlet knew about it as well. But, in this election none of them brought it up until 2 weeks before the caucus with Paul doing well. More than that they have been out right lying about it and excluding any voices that might defend Paul from the news conversations. It's pretty transparent what they're doing if you're paying attention. This is not normal vetting.

I think this article represents the magnitude of the effect of Ron Paul:
http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/271771/20111222/ron-paul-2012-beginning-new-america-era.htm

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I wish he was pro-choice. Otherwise, I like his thinking. I wonder how he would implement his platform as the government and corporations are so immeshed in mutual scratching of backs. I don't see any politicians wanting Paul as President. Let's face it, 'we the people' don't decide as much as we think we do. Vote or no vote.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I wish he was pro-choice. Otherwise, I like his thinking. I wonder how he would implement his platform as the government and corporations are so immeshed in mutual scratching of backs. I don't see any politicians wanting Paul as President. Let's face it, 'we the people' don't decide as much as we think we do. Vote or no vote.

He is getting some heat for not being.pro life enough• he is like me• personally against abortion. But.leaving it to the individual States on whether to.criminalize it

A

A window to the soul

He is getting some heat for not being.pro life enough• he is like me• personally against abortion. But .leaving it to the individual States on whether to.criminalize it
Romney takes the same position.

Well y'all, the latest Iowa poll shows our GOP nominee may very well be Dr. Paul or Mitt Romney.

I'm leaning toward Mitt Romney, but I'll be thrilled with either one.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
German wikipedia says about Ron Paul:

- against the Irak war and uncritical military inventions (good position)
- criticized for a politic of isolation (I dont think thats bad. Time to get China out of your system :))
- liberal drug policy, cannabis allowed in medicine (always a good opinion :))
- against homeland security, pro freedom of opinion (wikiLeaks) (good as well)
- pro private gun ownership (not so good, but thats an american thing like we have the Autobahn)
- against same-sex unions (anti-democratic imo)
- against abortion (anti female rights imo)
- against payroll-taxes or universal healthcare (thats a decision you people have to make for yourself. Health-care is definitly a non-profit thing. It does make life easier for the individual in a community but only for so long as the community can afford it. With growing demographic change social care and health care become unaffordable. In a few years we wont have that no more in Germany as well)
- pro deregulation (not always a good thing, deregulation doesnt really work, cause companies are profit-oriented and dont finance the "poor dogs". If things like post offices, the train system or electrical and water supply are privatized, those companies will start to concentrate on the "cash cows" effectively disregarding society-wide supply. Still if the state is bankrupt, you cant avoid deregulation and it would give the States maybe a chance to get back on their feet; cause selling stuff does generate short-term earnings which can be used for economic programs )
- against income taxes (could end disastrous in combination with deregulation, in economically weak periods tho not necessarily bad)

Well I had never thought, I'ld say that about a republican presidential candidate but he aint too bad. There are worse. And he definitly has more personality than Obama, who is kinda of a big disappointment and not really helping America with his expensive programs in time of monetary distress. You'ld rather need someone now who concentrates on you getting back in shape.

Still he looks like Magneto from X-men :)

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Media bias seems to be an uphill battle for Dr. Paul. It is well documented and even recently admitted by branches of the main stream media that it is biased against Dr. Paul. For example, The Project for Excellence in Journalism says he is getting weak coverage despite poll numbers and the New York Times has admitted to intentionally ignoring Paul in order to achieve a "coherent narrative". It seems to follow this pattern, ignore, give nasty nonverbal vibes (see video clip in the below link), twisted stories to polarize candidate via guilt by association (i.e. Nevada prostitutes support Ron Paul) called crazy and finally adamantly slurred. How does one fight such a bias?

[video]http://www.inquisitr.com/182299/fox-news-anchor-doesnt-seem-happy-about-ron-paul-support-video/[/video]

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Because, every other candidate represents the status quo... even Obama. We live in a country where billionaires manipulate the government to benefit themselves. Whether it's the republicans or the democrats the establishment elites can control them to their benefit. Paul wants to take them head-on and he wants REAL free market capitalism. His plan to audit and then shut down the Federal reserve threatens the billionaire's and banksters' piggy bank where they print trillions of dollars and loan it out secretly at 0% interest. Paul wants to get rid of crony capitalism and create real economic liberty. There's no way the establishment want someone who represents real change to win because they benefit in the status quo.

I just read that and thought that the really intresting thing is, if he can do that. I mean promises arent given too shortly by politicians but isnt especially the republican party the one, who is formed by lobbyists the most ? They can at one place publically create an image of disassembling the plutocracy but at another hidden point they then make tax advantages for the rich so they get their intrest and money back.

Do you know what I mean ?

Beorn

Permabanned
I just read that and thought that the really intresting thing is, if he can do that. I mean promises arent given too shortly by politicians but isnt especially the republican party the one, who is formed by lobbyists the most ? They can at one place publically create an image of disassembling the plutocracy but at another hidden point they then make tax advantages for the rich so they get their intrest and money back.

Do you know what I mean ?

You're absolutely right about the Republican party. Ron Paul has virtually stood alone for 30 years voting against government expansion and waste while others have just paid lip service. His vote has not been bought and won't be bought at this point. Lobbyists don't even bother talking to him. I think the grand total of lobbyist donations he received last year was $300. At the same time he regularly returns over $100k in unused office funds every year. He also is not accepting the lucrative congressional pension plan. The man is virtually incorruptable. It will take someone with his moral authority to shame both dems and repubs in congress and lead them in the direction of true fiscal conservativism and a balanced budget.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
I cannot support him, for several reasons, one of which is his disdain for environmental regulation. Have you seen the movie Gasland? We need more regulation of industry if the massive abuses exposed in that film are any indication, which they are (the film deals with fractal drilling for natural gas in all over rural America). Unless gov't legislation is enacted and enforced, there is no counterbalance to the human tendency to destroy everything in pursuit of money. we have an imperfect system now, but throwing it out will only feed greed even more.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
You're absolutely right about the Republican party. Ron Paul has virtually stood alone for 30 years voting against government expansion and waste while others have just paid lip service. His vote has not been bought and won't be bought at this point. Lobbyists don't even bother talking to him. I think the grand total of lobbyist donations he received last year was $300. At the same time he regularly returns over $100k in unused office funds every year. He also is not accepting the lucrative congressional pension plan. The man is virtually incorruptable. It will take someone with his moral authority to shame both dems and repubs in congress and lead them in the direction of true fiscal conservativism and a balanced budget.

Intresting, thanks for the background info. Well I stick with my opinion, I like him too :).