• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] INTJ: Do you consider finding the perfect relationship #1 of your priorities?

Do you consider finding the perfect relationship 1# in your priorities?

• ages 18-25 "yes"

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • ages 18-25 "no"

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • ages 26-29 "yes"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ages 26-29 "no"

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • ages 30-36 "yes"

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • ages 30-36 "no"

• ages 37 and up "yes"

• ages 37 and up "no"

• Total voters

jcloudz

Yup
MBTI Type
Istj
I have some other questions; does it bother you if someone is not very quick to open up with their feelings and emotions? or are you extremely comfortable with this, because it means you don`t have the burden of doing the same? Finally, where on your list, if there was one, where would having the perfect relationship be at?

Im doing a comparison between you and the infjs, make sure I understand where you interest lie. a vote on the pole will work as well if you don't feel like answering .

thanks

Jwill

MBTI Type
INTJ
It bothers me quite a bit when someone won't be open about their feelings with me, mostly because I find such that such behavior hinders communication, problem-solving, relationship optimization. I have nothing against sharing my thoughts and feelings with a SO. INTJs aren't robots, you know. We like to have meaningful, deep connections with other people. Finally, I think there is no such thing as "the perfect relationship," just like I don't believe in soul mates, etc. As an INTJ girl, though, I'm usually drawn to INTJ/ENTJ guys. At this point in my life, I'm more interested in my education and career prospects than entering a long-term relationship.

jcloudz

Yup
MBTI Type
Istj
No, I don't consider INTJ`s robots. I believe they are very selective and capable of understanding and loving to great depths the few who are lucky to get close to them; however, I don`t think finding the soul mate is on the top of their list in priorities and is something they snatch up along the way to wherever they are going. I think the INFJ is more likely to go out and search.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
does it bother you if someone is not very quick to open up with their feelings and emotions? No but it becomes a problem in a long term/serious relationship/

or are you extremely comfortable with this, because it means you don`t have the burden of doing the same? Why would it mean we don't have to do the same? We're extremely selective but if we have a commitment to someone, it should be insisted upon by both people.

Finally, where on your list, if there was one, where would having the perfect relationship be at? I would say having a relationship isn't at the top of the list but when we have one, we always look for ways to improve it and make it better.

Kraska

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w2
I most of the time give people all the time they need to confess their feeling about me.
I really don't think there is such a thing as "perfect relationship", I mean, everybody has flaws. The important thing is that they find solutions for these flaws.

Daemon Corax

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp
It certainly is not my #1 priority and, since the difference between a Thinker and a Feeler would be rather obvious, the results and answers you get will vary greatly. At least, it sounds quite logical. However, while I am aware of the fact that perfection does not exist in terms of a concrete object (human-beings included), I tend to avoid getting involved in superficial relationships, so to speak.

I actually hate it when people open up too easily for several reasons. First of all, it makes me think (even involuntarily) that they're some sort of male hookers and that they express their "feelings" towards any skirt passing by them. How could I "feel" any sort of connection (also, intellectual connection) with such a person?
Secondly, I like to take my time and wearing your heart on your sleeve doesn't allow me to analyse the situation as I'd like to. If someone's all in a hurry, they will have a hard time getting accustomed to my personality and that's a big no.

I don't have such a list, but I find INTJs quite attractive, as well as INTPs. Although it was not part of the question, I can't really imagine myself in a relationship with an SJ, especially SFJ. I want to be left alone most of the time and, since I consider myself to be low maintenance, I expect the same attitude from my partner.

That's "ages 18-25" + 1 negative vote.