• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Faux INTJ?

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
In this video he talks as if using a function that goes against your natural function, can be done but drains you. Would it not be possible then to figure out your functions, by determining what activities leave you drained? Or am I grasping this wrong?

theoretically, yes, but be careful of confounding variables. there may be reasons certain activities drain you more that have nothing to do with cognitive functions.

i think of functions as "thinking patterns"... ways of thought that come most naturally to you.

like this:

Ne - exploring and connecting concepts, moving outwards towards a bigger and bigger picture
Se - reading environmental cues and making an impact in a situations, oneness with the present
Ni - reducing concepts to a singular uniting principle/archetype that explains and predicts patterns
Si - linking back and comparing/contrasting of experiences, creating a database of facts
Fe - high awareness of interpersonal issues, energy between people and systems
Fi - high awareness of intrapersonal issues, energy within people and systems
Te - high awareness of external logic, order and organization, expediting things
Ti - high awareness of internal logical system fidelity, how to make the ideal system

from your posts, i think perhaps you are an enneagram 6w5 INTJ. you do not speak like an INTP, and you are quite sure of your T over F.

sculpting

:) You are an INTJ I suspect and not an INTP at all... :hug:

Oh I know that. Another reason I don't visit INTJ forums that much, I know some of them are putting on a show. And I know some act like jerks and hide behind their type. But I have noticed that when they do talk over my head, by accident or by putting on airs, they seem to genuinely know what they are talking about and care about it. What I listed are very big generalities. There just seem to be a lot of them that are inconsistent with myself. As for academics I agree with you. Academics annoys me because it seems inefficient and hollow when pursued for its own sake or by itself.

INTJs spend a lot of time finding an area of expertise-and then speak to it. Thus depending upon the topic, they may truely be exceedingly knowladgable.

Believe me I know this, but I try hard to put it out of my mind when I do it. My shaky logic is that if I don't completely understand what the question determines, I won't lie about my answer. Again, shaky logic. The better logic is that I know no better way. As for the test you linked me. The results say that my most developed cognitive functions are Si and Ni. They are within .1 points within each other. It pegged me as INTP

Ni context shift?

Granted there are times when there is no arguing with me. I know everyone gets like this from time to time. But there are those subjects and topics that come up sometimes, and I think I take people aback by my assertiveness and confidence. What I am saying is not a thought, opinion, or cause. It is law, it is fact and all will recognize it.

NiFi or the Ni wall to defeat reality!!! (Dont bother me with facts, I am busy seeking the truth :) )

(If you can believe it, my original curiosity for determining my personality type stemmed from a desire to figure out which RPG class I favored)

That's adorable!

As for my high in life, I guess you could maybe say fantasy. In all its incarnations, when I was a child, I came down sick one rainy winter and my mother had gotten a couple of fiction books from the library for me. I was a huge reader of horror, and Stephen King. (It was later determined that I had a college grade reading level while still in Middle School) But she had gotten me one of Gordon R. Dicksons books, The Dragon and the Dijinn and I fell in love. While I don't read every single fantasy book I can find (a lot of plain bad stuff out there) a well constructed universe and characters makes my heart sing. At times I dabble into sci-fi and horror, but primarily remain in the old faery tale worlds. I started playing Magic the Gathering, is because I was captivated by the artwork on the cards, but I was hooked and pulled into the game when I began to read the flavor texts of the card. I don't read the Magic books, but I can tell just from the cards that those who work on them have detailed and well laid out multiverse for these creatures and spells. The concept, just the thought of that fills me with a kind of thrill. For a year I've played D&D. The group is less than stellar, we all get along, but they are heavy ADD and most of them don't have a huge grasp on how RPGs work. Despite some bad sessions were little got done, I wouldn't trade a moment of it. Good pieces of literature can induce insomnia in me. When I read a well played or tense scene in a book I sometimes take a while to get through it.I get so worked up I stand up and begin to pace, my mind whirling interpretations, possibliites, and implications for the story and characters. There maybe other passions in my life, yet to be discovered, or neglected until it fades into memory, but this is the one that I can say with all assurance. )

Have you considered becoming a writer? Creating your own universe?

Did you foind the strategic aspects of the D&D game to be...engaging and energizing?

I'm sorry I know this is way more information than you really wanted to know, but I felt stupid just saying "fantasy" and leaving it at that vague and unhelpful note. I wanted to convey what I meant by that answer. As for the test you linked me, it listed my cognitive functions in order of development as: Ti - Fi - Si - Te - Ni - Se - Ne - Fe. Declaring me as ISTP or ISFP. Now I am unsure of almost everything but the Introvert. I am absolutely sure I am an introvert....a dire, dire introvert.

The cog function tests appear to be totally messed up. I would place only partial value on the results.

Its possible that most schools are just horrible at their jobs. This is a possibility I'm always willing to consider. During school I always found what ever book I was reading a much better use of my time than what ever it was they were yapping about. .

Schools are very Si, which is your demonic function, thus I can see them being painful?

Horrible at both. I have to count quietly out loud sometimes. (what an odd phrase) Counting money makes me nervous. When I roll in D&D I verbally have to work out the mathematics both so I can comprehend it as I go, and to allow other to point out my error. Had a good laugh one night when in mid-count I started going the other way. .

other INTJs-could this be an odd manifestation of Te? Hmmm, I have seen the rambling INTJs who verbalize much of thier Ni...Is this rolling around with Ni in mid Te execution of said Te? I dunno... maybe just normal sensertardation? :)

Took the Enneagram a long time ago, can't quite remember the result, but looking at the type six. Wow, that does sound a lot like me. I constantly do small things to try and get input from other people (and sometimes I post on forum boards : ] ) Another test once told me that what I desire most in life is security. What few people I feel somewhat....attached too I do feel a sense of loyalty to. However I try never to get 100% personable. I love it, and admire it in other when they can do things on their own.

EDIT: Small Enneagram test I just took pegged me as a 4. *Also* sounds accurate, in fact it just barely beat out type 6.

V.

I also find the ennea tests to yield crazy results that are not so reliable-I am a four and I would not suggest you are a four. Try 5w6 and see if it fits better:

http://www.ocean-moonshine.net/e142857369/index.php?module=pagemaster&PAGE_user_op=view_page&PAGE_id=8&MMN_position=32:32

here are more descriptions:
In the Thinking Center, Fives have anxiety about the outer world and about their capacity to cope with it. Thus, they cope with their fear by withdrawing from the world. Fives become secretive, isolated loners who use their minds to penetrate into the nature of the world. Fives hope that eventually, as they understand reality on their own terms, they will be able to rejoin the world and participate in it, but they never feel they know enough to participate with total confidence. Instead, they involve themselves with increasingly complex inner worlds.

Sixes are the most anxious type, and the most out of touch with their own sense of inner knowing and confidence. Unlike Fives, Sixes have trouble trusting their own minds, so they are constantly looking outside themselves for something to make them feel sure of themselves. They might turn to philosophies, beliefs, relationships, jobs, savings, authorities, or any combination of the above. But no matter how many security structures they create, Sixes still feel doubtful and anxious. They may even begin to doubt the very people and beliefs that they have turned to for reassurance. Sixes may also respond to their anxiety by impulsively confronting it— defying their fear in the effort to be free of it.

• Academics, I'm told INTJs tend to excel and thrive in such an environment, I do not. I hate school of all types, and I do poorly in such environment (though my grades are ok). I have a slight loathing of people who make Academics their life.

• Intellectual hobbies/strength. INTJs seem to be interested in the maths and sciences. I personally detest the two, and while I had fairly good grades in college, I am not that bright. Its one of the reasons I vist INTJ forums rarely, they talk over my head.

• Tact and Diplomacy. Viewing some of these forums and listening to others talk about them, INTJs seem to be lacking in these departments. There are times at work when a friend of mine (an ENTJ) will say things to customers and I give a slight shudder, thinking that that could have been more tactful and with a different tone. I'm no Jimmy Carter, but I am careful to adopt proper tones and speaking voice when dealing with people, to put them at ease. Unless I'm very tired, then I become cold in manner because I simply don't care anymore and I've had my fill.

• Confidence and decisiveness, I'm told INTJs have this in abundance. I have zero confidence the majority of the time. I question everything I do, and when I begin to try and judge myself on something, I never trust my own self-view. Thats why when it comes to anything that allows me to personalize or give input on my personality I freeze up. I'll take days of indecision over the stupidest things, simply because it involves me choosing something based on my personal preference.

• Constructiveness, the internet tells me INTJs are constructive and always working on something or another. I am a lazy. I'm not proud of it, but I always rationalize one way or the other not to do something. Zero projects at this moment, and most of the last couple of year.

• Religion. Most INTJs don't believe in God. I do. Not an expert apologist, but I try to read every apologetic article I can. So far I've read some pretty well thought out arguments. Granted this last item isn't a personality trait per say, but atheism seems a common theme among INTJs.

• 1-academics distatse = inferior Se
    2-Many, many INTJs beleive in god. It is actually much more fun hanging out and debating with INTJs rather than NTPs, as INTJs can belive in totally crazy shit as they context shift through the muddle of reality. Not saying god is crazy, mind you, but I must admit the ability to drop pure reason and fly with intuition is quite liberating and very fun.

:yays: *INTJ party* :drwho:

Frostshade

MBTI Type
IXXX
:) You are an INTJ I suspect and not an INTP at all... :hug:

INTJs spend a lot of time finding an area of expertise-and then speak to it. Thus depending upon the topic, they may truely be exceedingly knowladgable.

The only areas I show any sort of expertise in is fantasy lore (forever alone) and maybe literature. Maybe.

Ni context shift?
Not sure what you mean by this.

NiFi or the Ni wall to defeat reality!!! (Dont bother me with facts, I am busy seeking the truth :) )
I don't do it unless I'm 100% sure of my facts. Logic and reason back it up, and sometimes lots of reading and experience. This isn't a wall they are hitting. This is the final destination.

That's adorable!
Thats not an adjective normally associated with me. Are you....mocking me? I can't tell.

Have you considered becoming a writer? Creating your own universe?
Yes, but I have written exactly 0 short stories and books.

Did you foind the strategic aspects of the D&D game to be...engaging and energizing?
I find the story elements the most energizing, and the sense of adventure, albeit of a completely mental one. The strategic aspects can be fun. I've played two characters in the single major campaign I've been in. Ever since I lost my gnoll character my role has been mainly that of a tactician. The paladin I play now sometimes acts and thinks more like a rogue. Setting events into motion to undermine the corrupt government in the campaign while turning factions of it against each other and forming alliances, and beginning an insurrection. I combine these long term tactics with direct and sometimes brutal actions. Port city can't take advantage of the mines and lumber on the island because of the haunted forest protected by undead? Commandeer axes and saws, recruit cutters and workers with promises of lumber, guard workers(bait) and kill the first thing that comes out of the woods. Repeat until a road way has been cleared, or entire forest cleared. Force it to submit.

The cog function tests appear to be totally messed up. I would place only partial value on the results.
Yeah I'm going to agree with that.

Schools are very Si, which is your demonic function, thus I can see them being painful?
Well looking at skylights description up above, I can see how that could be a weak aspect for me. Its more that school was either A) talking about something I already knew B) wasting time or C) was teaching BS. And oooooooh yes. I could sense when school was lying to me. Things such as "You'll use this later in life" and "Your permanent record stays with you" and "You must go to college or you'll have a horrible life forever and no one will love you". So I'm going to stop now because my hatred of the place is overwhelming.

other INTJs-could this be an odd manifestation of Te? Hmmm, I have seen the rambling INTJs who verbalize much of thier Ni...Is this rolling around with Ni in mid Te execution of said Te? I dunno... maybe just normal sensertardation? :)
I'm not sure how low Si could affect something like this. Its been suggested that I maybe slightly numerically dyslexic. I wasn't aware that one could be dyslexic with number or that you could be *slightly* dyslexic. However, I've been informed that its possible.

I also find the ennea tests to yield crazy results that are not so reliable-I am a four and I would not suggest you are a four. Try 5w6 and see if it fits better:

http://www.ocean-moonshine.net/e142857369/index.php?module=pagemaster&PAGE_user_op=view_page&PAGE_id=8&MMN_position=32:32[/QUOTE]
The does seem to fit better, however I am now a little wary of all ennea typing. Or is it normal to see yourself in many of the results?

1-academics distatse = inferior Se
2-Many, many INTJs beleive in god. It is actually much more fun hanging out and debating with INTJs rather than NTPs, as INTJs can belive in totally crazy shit as they context shift through the muddle of reality. Not saying god is crazy, mind you, but I must admit the ability to drop pure reason and fly with intuition is quite liberating and very fun.
Thats nice to know. As atheism seems to be the popular kid choice on the internet.
:yays: *INTJ party* :drwho:
....weeee.

Frostshade

MBTI Type
IXXX
theoretically, yes, but be careful of confounding variables. there may be reasons certain activities drain you more that have nothing to do with cognitive functions.

i think of functions as "thinking patterns"... ways of thought that come most naturally to you.

like this:

Ne - exploring and connecting concepts, moving outwards towards a bigger and bigger picture
Se - reading environmental cues and making an impact in a situations, oneness with the present
Ni - reducing concepts to a singular uniting principle/archetype that explains and predicts patterns
Si - linking back and comparing/contrasting of experiences, creating a database of facts
Fe - high awareness of interpersonal issues, energy between people and systems
Fi - high awareness of intrapersonal issues, energy within people and systems
Te - high awareness of external logic, order and organization, expediting things
Ti - high awareness of internal logical system fidelity, how to make the ideal system

from your posts, i think perhaps you are an enneagram 6w5 INTJ. you do not speak like an INTP, and you are quite sure of your T over F.

Ok thank you for the breakdown of the functions. Every time I try to read and understand them, its just barely over my head. Makes them all seem vague to me. As for certain activities draining me for other reasons, that maybe true, but sometimes I sit down and wonder if there is not an underlying connection between those things

Owfin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Just make sure not to think that Si = school. My mind is much more interesting than that.

Rex

MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What celebrities(musicisans, actors, politicians) do you relate to? (if you do)