• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Faux INTJ?

Frostshade

MBTI Type
IXXX
Very recently I've come back into the area of personality types and Myers Brigg. Months back I spent time reading and studying the INTJ type. In hopes of knowing myself a bit better. This is the result I get over and over again. I will admit, not from the official myers-brigg, but from as many and most accurate resources as I could gather. INTJ every time. However I've begun to wonder about certain differences between myself and what most people see as common and defining traits of INTJs.

At the time, I just brushed it off as no personality test is 100% and theres no cookie cutter personality. As time goes by though, I begin to wonder if its not so much me being an odd INTJ, than me not actually being an INTJ. Some of these traits I'm talking about are;
  • Academics, I'm told INTJs tend to excel and thrive in such an environment, I do not. I hate school of all types, and I do poorly in such environment (though my grades are ok). I have a slight loathing of people who make Academics their life.

• Intellectual hobbies/strength. INTJs seem to be interested in the maths and sciences. I personally detest the two, and while I had fairly good grades in college, I am not that bright. Its one of the reasons I vist INTJ forums rarely, they talk over my head.

• Tact and Diplomacy. Viewing some of these forums and listening to others talk about them, INTJs seem to be lacking in these departments. There are times at work when a friend of mine (an ENTJ) will say things to customers and I give a slight shudder, thinking that that could have been more tactful and with a different tone. I'm no Jimmy Carter, but I am careful to adopt proper tones and speaking voice when dealing with people, to put them at ease. Unless I'm very tired, then I become cold in manner because I simply don't care anymore and I've had my fill.

• Confidence and decisiveness, I'm told INTJs have this in abundance. I have zero confidence the majority of the time. I question everything I do, and when I begin to try and judge myself on something, I never trust my own self-view. Thats why when it comes to anything that allows me to personalize or give input on my personality I freeze up. I'll take days of indecision over the stupidest things, simply because it involves me choosing something based on my personal preference.

• Constructiveness, the internet tells me INTJs are constructive and always working on something or another. I am a lazy. I'm not proud of it, but I always rationalize one way or the other not to do something. Zero projects at this moment, and most of the last couple of year.

• Religion. Most INTJs don't believe in God. I do. Not an expert apologist, but I try to read every apologetic article I can. So far I've read some pretty well thought out arguments. Granted this last item isn't a personality trait per say, but atheism seems a common theme among INTJs.

Again, I understand that not every INTJ is going to be the exact same. But I am curious of other people's take on these differences, and if maybe all these tests I've been taking have been wrong about me.

TenebrousReflection

MBTI Type
INFp
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There are times where I get in a more thinking oriented mood and consider the possibility that I might be an INTJ or INTP, but when it comes to considering INTJ, I nearly always rule out that option because I don't have that motivated drive to succeed academically that I perceive as being a key trait of INTJs. I also relate to some of the other things you mention, but the two INTJ traits I see as type defining for them are the drive for success and their certainty of being right - I don't think they are certain about everything tho, so I would not be as quick to equate it to decisiveness, but if you don't frequently feel absolutely certain about about some very specific things, I do think that would be a good reason to consider other types.

Since I do not type myself as an NT, my perceptions may be even further off than I realize, but based on what you have written, I do not see inconstancy with the INTP type, so you may want to ask yourself what about INTJ you do strongly relate to and what about INTP you do not relate to, and of course its good to keep an open mind to all the other type options just in case.

Reading detailed type descriptions is in my opinion a much better way to try to find your type than taking tests to do it.
(the onyl thing thats consistant for me on typolgy tests is introversion and intuition preferences, so I made my conclusion largly decision on descriptions of types)

It does seem odd for any NT to not be interested in math and science, but I don't think its nescessarily a pre-requisite of all NTs
I don't see any reason INTJs can't be tactful - there is a desire to be straightforward and honest, but that does not completely rule out being tactful.
Regarding constructiveness, I think the question to ask would be how often you actually complete things you do start - uncompleted projects is a common trait among percievers.
I know at least 1 INTJs that is not an athiest, but they are also not strongly religious.

Frostshade

MBTI Type
IXXX
Since I do not type myself as an NT, my perceptions may be even further off than I realize, but based on what you have written, I do not see inconstancy with the INTP type, so you may want to ask yourself what about INTJ you do strongly relate to and what about INTP you do not relate to, and of course its good to keep an open mind to all the other type options just in case.

The one test I took, that measured the traits in relation to ended up like this: Extroversion 5% Introversion 95%, Sensing 21% Intuition 79%, Thinking 74% Feeling 26%, Judging 53% Perceiving 47%.
While the first three sets are obviously lop-sided, the J and P are awfully borderline. I'll take a look at INTP as well.

Reading detailed type descriptions is in my opinion a much better way to try to find your type than taking tests to do it.
(the onyl thing thats consistant for me on typolgy tests is introversion and intuition preferences, so I made my conclusion largly decision on descriptions of types)

I don't know about that, but using your method comes back to me not trusting myself with self-evaluation. It actually been a private belief of mine that the worst person to do a evaluation of you is yourself. I'll read something like, 'Do you like exercise?' and I'll think that yeah, exercise can be nice. Immediately afterwards a part of me goes 'But you don't really *like* it. I mean look at yourself. This is more for people who are athletic. Do you enjoy being athletic is what this means' You see? That is why what is a simple decision for some people is a drawn out process with me. I guess I share the perfectionist trait with INTJs at least.

Regarding constructiveness, I think the question to ask would be how often you actually complete things you do start - uncompleted projects is a common trait among percievers.
That DOES sound like me. And I hate it. I hate it with a PASSION. My mother does this all the time and it feels me with disgust. Could me why I feel like garbage when I reflect on everything I don't have done.

I know at least 1 INTJs that is not an athiest, but they are also not strongly religious.

Well if you ever need to know a 2nd (AND a strong one) just remember C.S. Lewis.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I feel like everything you put in your OP may be the sign of a "faux" INTJ. Meaning, that you're not the faux INTJ here- the people who drown themselves in academics and status are often just a big showy put-on. I'm not saying that all people who do this are phonies, I just don't think that it's the criteria for being INTJ.

Also, as an off topic strength of academics doesn't always necessarily equate to strength of mind- for some people who make the biggest discoveries, I think the opposite is true. Instead of looking to others works and discussing them, their thoughts are original and genuinely out of the box.

Frostshade

MBTI Type
IXXX
I feel like everything you put in your OP may be the sign of a "faux" INTJ. Meaning, that you're not the faux INTJ here- the people who drown themselves in academics and status are often just a big showy put-on. I'm not saying that all people who do this are phonies, I just don't think that it's the criteria for being INTJ.

Also, as an off topic strength of academics doesn't always necessarily equate to strength of mind- for some people who make the biggest discoveries, I think the opposite is true. Instead of looking to others works and discussing them, their thoughts are original and genuinely out of the box.

Oh I know that. Another reason I don't visit INTJ forums that much, I know some of them are putting on a show. And I know some act like jerks and hide behind their type. But I have noticed that when they do talk over my head, by accident or by putting on airs, they seem to genuinely know what they are talking about and care about it. What I listed are very big generalities. There just seem to be a lot of them that are inconsistent with myself. As for academics I agree with you. Academics annoys me because it seems inefficient and hollow when pursued for its own sake or by itself. When I was in school they taught me advanced algebra, now that I'm 28 and have been through four jobs trying to make ends barely meet, I wish they had taught me how not to spend money like a moron. I'll take wisdom over intelligence any day.

Jwill

MBTI Type
INTJ
I think you sound like an INTX. You have a mixture of INTP traits and INTJ traits. The indecisiveness and lack of confidence were red flags that you don't completely fit the INTJ model. Other things, like your belief in God, your laziness, and your dislike of math/science and academics are traits that I've witnessed in many different INTJs. Have you ever taken the socionics or big 5 personality tests? Those might shed some light on your personality. If you think you over-analyze questions and give biased answers, you should ask a close friend or family member who knows MBTI to type you.

I also agree that there are many annoying faux INTJs out there. I really can't stand all the pathetic talk of world domination on this board sometimes. In real life, I'm friends with a bunch of INTJs, and they aren't gigantic academic assholes/snobs. They're fairly normal, mature adults who like to have intellectual conversations, nerdy conversations, and a couple of beers on occasion. I think some people, especially guys, are drawn to being labeled as INTJ. INTJs are often characterized in the media as wildcards, evil geniuses, heartless bastards, free-thinkers, and independent wanderers. Those are perceived as "manly, " yet unique character traits.

Jwill

MBTI Type
INTJ
I think you sound like an INTX. You have a mixture of INTP traits and INTJ traits. The indecisiveness and lack of confidence were red flags that you don't completely fit the INTJ model. Other things, like your belief in God, your laziness, and your dislike of math/science and academics are traits that I've witnessed in many different INTJs. Have you ever taken the socionics or big 5 personality tests? Those might shed some light on your personality. If you think you over-analyze questions and give biased answers, you should ask a close friend or family member who knows MBTI to type you.

I also agree that there are many annoying faux INTJs out there. I really can't stand all the pathetic talk of world domination on this board sometimes. In real life, I'm friends with a bunch of INTJs, and they aren't gigantic academic assholes/snobs. They're fairly normal, mature adults who like to have intellectual conversations, nerdy conversations, and a couple of beers on occasion. I think some people, especially guys, are drawn to being labeled as INTJ. INTJs are often characterized in the media as wildcards, evil geniuses, heartless bastards, free-thinkers, and independent wanderers. Those are perceived as "manly, " yet unique character traits.

Frostshade

MBTI Type
IXXX

I haven't take those but I will make an attempt to take those after work today. As for asking friends and family, well I don't share anything with my family as we are not close. I have very very few friends, and none of them are familiar with this nor am I inclined to share this much information with them. I point once again to the strong introversion.

amthcaictm

MBTI Type
intp
we non math and sci int s do seem to be outnumbered, but I think there is more than one way to apply ones n and t and perhaps we like to examine other ideas and constructs in a less linear way.

I have known some border infj s who really work their t when engaged in analysis or synthesis of information so look like a T but have an F s ability to deal with people. the f also seems to somehow lead to procrastination in some areas---even without the P. perhaps the intune-ness that the f provides exposes them to competing possibilities of action ----so more valuable ideas on how to spend time than a typ intj would consider---looking more like an intp compeled by their p to consider all possibilities

TenebrousReflection

MBTI Type
INFp
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know about that, but using your method comes back to me not trusting myself with self-evaluation. It actually been a private belief of mine that the worst person to do a evaluation of you is yourself. I'll read something like, 'Do you like exercise?' and I'll think that yeah, exercise can be nice. Immediately afterwards a part of me goes 'But you don't really *like* it. I mean look at yourself. This is more for people who are athletic. Do you enjoy being athletic is what this means' You see? That is why what is a simple decision for some people is a drawn out process with me. I guess I share the perfectionist trait with INTJs at least.

When you take a personality test, you are basically doing the same thing. You are comparing your point of reference to 2 (or more) variables and choosing which is more like you than the other one, but with a more detailed description, you have additional context to base the comparison on. When I take a personality test, unless the wording is very precise, I can usually think of several different contexts each variable choice could be taken in, and its not uncommon for that to result in me answering differently depending on what I think they may have meant vs what it could have meant.

When you read a good description of a type, there is usually enough surrounding detail and context to say if it fits you or not. If you feel a weak connection (this is a little like me, but not exactly), that's still worth considering, but only if you feel that about all the types you read about - it won't be this way for everyone, but many people do feel a very strong connection once they finally read a type description that actually fits them.

INTP Central has a very well written profile/description of INTPs that I would highly recommend reading.

I did some searching to try to find an equivalent description of INTJs, but I did not find one as comprehensive as that, but you can try these links for additional INTJ reading. Conversations with
Conceptualizer Directors
and Portrait of an INTJ

If you are not comfortable with that method, a test that attempts to determine the preference strength of each of your cognitive functions may give you additional information to work with.

I found this test with a quick google search and I don't think I've tried that one myself so I don't know how good it is, but I'm sure others more familiar with cognitive function theory can recommend better tests if thats not a good one - at least its a starting point.

rav3n

INTJf has a chunk of its membership that are mistyped. The types that regularly mistype as INTJs appear to be INFJs (primarily male INFJs since they don't like to be categorised as feelers), INTPs and ISTJs. If you don't enjoy debate with some odd twists to debate rules since you can bait and troll as much as you'd like as long as you don't try to control or restrict discussion or directly personally attack anyone, whereby the rule framework is subjectively rigid (yes...really...it's odd), it's not the site for you.

But based solely on the opening post, you do sound more like a P than a J.

R

Riva

There are times where I get in a more thinking oriented mood and consider the possibility that I might be an INTJ or INTP, but when it comes to considering INTJ, I nearly always rule out that option because I don't have that motivated drive to succeed academically that I perceive as being a key trait of INTJs. I also relate to some of the other things you mention, but the two INTJ traits I see as type defining for them are the drive for success and their certainty of being right - I don't think they are certain about everything tho, so I would not be as quick to equate it to decisiveness, but if you don't frequently feel absolutely certain about about some very specific things, I do think that would be a good reason to consider other types.

No true words were ever spoken about INTJs.
Well I am just exaggerating, but this post hit the mark when it comes to INTJs.

Succeed academically.
Drive for success.
Certainty of being right.

These are common traits to INTJs.

It is a criteria for INTJs, believe me.
Unless, unless they realize it is not needed for their current field of work.
But if they do get an ounce of a hint that academics would help their line of work, they would think, decide and implement.

Your 2nd paragraph is correct.

But the issue is we ar more likely to notice uneducated inventors (like Edison) than the countless thousands of educated inventors.

But true again I say. Education is not needed for discoveries.

Oh I know that. Another reason I don't visit INTJ forums that much, I know some of them are putting on a show. And I know some act like jerks and hide behind their type. But I have noticed that when they do talk over my head, by accident or by putting on airs, they seem to genuinely know what they are talking about and care about it. What I listed are very big generalities. There just seem to be a lot of them that are inconsistent with myself. As for academics I agree with you. Academics annoys me because it seems inefficient and hollow when pursued for its own sake or by itself. When I was in school they taught me advanced algebra, now that I'm 28 and have been through four jobs trying to make ends barely meet, I wish they had taught me how not to spend money like a moron. I'll take wisdom over intelligence any day.

Most members in the INTJforum are ISTJs and ISTPs.
One sees an INTJ from time to time.

INTJs would never ever peruse academics for its own sake.
They are extremely pragmatic.
To add to it they are decisive.
If they realize for a split second that what they are doing is not of recognition anymore or has they would quickly weigh the pros and cons on it and decide whether they would peruse the qualification or not.
If they have gone too far ahead they would complete it lest would simply stop it.

There are variables though, such as if the INTJ is getting qualified for the prestige of it of for some other reason (and there could be millions).
One thing is for certain is that when the decision is made they would execute or stop.

R

Riva

Anyway I am certain from your self description that you are not an INTJ and probably is an IxxP.
I would vote INTP (since you've selected with certainty? the intuitiveness 'N'), but I wouldn't vote off ISTP.

But INTJ you are not.

Why?

Confidence and decisiveness, I'm told INTJs have this in abundance. I have zero confidence the majority of the time. I question everything I do, and when I begin to try and judge myself on something, I never trust my own self-view. Thats why when it comes to anything that allows me to personalize or give input on my personality I freeze up. I'll take days of indecision over the stupidest things, simply because it involves me choosing something based on my personal preference.

This whole para screams No No not INTJ.

---

Ps -

Tact and Diplomacy. Viewing some of these forums and listening to others talk about them, INTJs seem to be lacking in these departments.

INTJs are extremely tactful. Their poker faces get them most things they want.
ENTJs are not. They are disgustingly tactless.

But this doesn't indicate you are INTJ. The rest of your self descriptions screams that you are not an INTJ.

coconut

MBTI Type
INTJ
Most members in the INTJforum are ISTJs and ISTPs.

So, a self-proclaimed INTJ who enjoys INTJf should probably question their type, as they're more likely ISTJ or ISTP rather than INTJ? :unsure:

luismas

MBTI Type
INTP
Very recently I've come back into the area of personality types and Myers Brigg. Months back I spent time reading and studying the INTJ type. In hopes of knowing myself a bit better. This is the result I get over and over again. I will admit, not from the official myers-brigg, but from as many and most accurate resources as I could gather. INTJ every time. However I've begun to wonder about certain differences between myself and what most people see as common and defining traits of INTJs.

Again, I understand that not every INTJ is going to be the exact same. But I am curious of other people's take on these differences, and if maybe all these tests I've been taking have been wrong about me.

I would advise you to forget about the tests for now. Now:

-What are your main interests, or , in the other words, the activities which you enjoy, without much guilty pleasure? If that does not work, then ask yourself: what is my high in life?

- Which function do you most relate to? You can check http://cognitivequiz.com/jcf.html for descriptions.

Daemon Corax

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp
I believe that the next step you should take in order to make sure you are not a mistyped INTJ is gather as much information as possible on the MBTI personality types.
First of all, there may have been certain misinterpretations of test questions, which is something that may lead to the wrong results. Also, make sure you can think of several concrete situations in which you have behaved in the way described by the question. Make sure you don't answer based on how you would like to behave.

I agree with Jenaphor, there are males who don't want to be categorised as feelers and they are more likely to give false answers to questions related to that side of their personality. I'm having a hard time imagining a man that would easily accept the fact that movies can get him emotionally involved.

I assure you that, while INTJs can be tactless, they will show diplomacy when needed (=when they actually get something out of it). INTJs don't really care about most people around them, I guess. I certainly don't. I make use of tact for every reason imaginable other than my will to seem agreeable to and please whoever I come in contact with.

You sound more like an INTP, the lack of finished projects, the laziness and your claim to usually have no work in progress makes me think you are not a J. Judgers are known for their rigorous planning and organizing skills.

Frostshade

MBTI Type
IXXX
Wow, I usually don't visit forums much as I'm not very social. So I appreciate everyone's time and input. Your going to see a long reply as I want to respond to some good points brought up. Again, thank you.

When you take a personality test, you are basically doing the same thing. You are comparing your point of reference to 2 (or more) variables and choosing which is more like you than the other one, but with a more detailed description, you have additional context to base the comparison on. When I take a personality test, unless the wording is very precise, I can usually think of several different contexts each variable choice could be taken in, and its not uncommon for that to result in me answering differently depending on what I think they may have meant vs what it could have meant.

Believe me I know this, but I try hard to put it out of my mind when I do it. My shaky logic is that if I don't completely understand what the question determines, I won't lie about my answer. Again, shaky logic. The better logic is that I know no better way. As for the test you linked me. The results say that my most developed cognitive functions are Si and Ni. They are within .1 points within each other. It pegged me as INTP

Frostshade

MBTI Type
IXXX
Riva: This whole para screams No No not INTJ.
Granted there are times when there is no arguing with me. I know everyone gets like this from time to time. But there are those subjects and topics that come up sometimes, and I think I take people aback by my assertiveness and confidence. What I am saying is not a thought, opinion, or cause. It is law, it is fact and all will recognize it.

Riva: INTJs are extremely tactful. Their poker faces get them most things they want.
ENTJs are not. They are disgustingly tactless.

But this doesn't indicate you are INTJ. The rest of your self descriptions screams that you are not an INTJ.
Ok, more confirmation that I have grossly misunderstood myself. It seems most of the people on this thread are already in the belief that my J in INTJ is way off. BTW, I never knew that about ENTJs. I probably should have known it, but if it isn't immediately relative to me, I don't study it. Yes I can seem him easily leading a business, but never a diplomat.

luismas: I would advise you to forget about the tests for now. Now:

-What are your main interests, or , in the other words, the activities which you enjoy, without much guilty pleasure? If that does not work, then ask yourself: what is my high in life?

- Which function do you most relate to? You can check http://cognitivequiz.com/jcf.html for descriptions.

Its questions like these that actually started me on this whole self-knowledge quest. People sometimes ask me things like "Whats your favorite type of music?" and I freeze up. I have no idea. (If you can believe it, my original curiosity for determining my personality type stemmed from a desire to figure out which RPG class I favored) As for what activities I enjoy the most, the only things I can reply with absolute certainty are reading, computer games and D&D, and napping. I am a huge nerd.

As for my high in life, I guess you could maybe say fantasy. In all its incarnations, when I was a child, I came down sick one rainy winter and my mother had gotten a couple of fiction books from the library for me. I was a huge reader of horror, and Stephen King. (It was later determined that I had a college grade reading level while still in Middle School) But she had gotten me one of Gordon R. Dicksons books, The Dragon and the Dijinn and I fell in love. While I don't read every single fantasy book I can find (a lot of plain bad stuff out there) a well constructed universe and characters makes my heart sing. At times I dabble into sci-fi and horror, but primarily remain in the old faery tale worlds. I started playing Magic the Gathering, is because I was captivated by the artwork on the cards, but I was hooked and pulled into the game when I began to read the flavor texts of the card. I don't read the Magic books, but I can tell just from the cards that those who work on them have detailed and well laid out multiverse for these creatures and spells. The concept, just the thought of that fills me with a kind of thrill. For a year I've played D&D. The group is less than stellar, we all get along, but they are heavy ADD and most of them don't have a huge grasp on how RPGs work. Despite some bad sessions were little got done, I wouldn't trade a moment of it. Good pieces of literature can induce insomnia in me. When I read a well played or tense scene in a book I sometimes take a while to get through it.I get so worked up I stand up and begin to pace, my mind whirling interpretations, possibliites, and implications for the story and characters. There maybe other passions in my life, yet to be discovered, or neglected until it fades into memory, but this is the one that I can say with all assurance.

I'm sorry I know this is way more information than you really wanted to know, but I felt stupid just saying "fantasy" and leaving it at that vague and unhelpful note. I wanted to convey what I meant by that answer. As for the test you linked me, it listed my cognitive functions in order of development as: Ti - Fi - Si - Te - Ni - Se - Ne - Fe. Declaring me as ISTP or ISFP. Now I am unsure of almost everything but the Introvert. I am absolutely sure I am an introvert....a dire, dire introvert.

Frostshade

MBTI Type
IXXX
I believe that the next step you should take in order to make sure you are not a mistyped INTJ is gather as much information as possible on the MBTI personality types.
First of all, there may have been certain misinterpretations of test questions, which is something that may lead to the wrong results. Also, make sure you can think of several concrete situations in which you have behaved in the way described by the question. Make sure you don't answer based on how you would like to behave.
Of the helpful comments that have been made(and there have been many), this is the one that made me sit up and blink. To answer not how I would like to behave, but how I have behaved was a surprising thought to me. I never quite considered it. I know that sounds obvious to everyone and blindingly stupid that I should do anything else, that thought never occurred to me. Examining myself, and my choices not just in the tests but other decisions, I often choose what I should be in place of what I am. I think should/want/and are have become so entwined in my mind, that the shift between the three is smooth and seamless. I wonder if my curiosity about myself is a desperate subconscious attempt to know who I am, as opposed to what I should absolutely be. But now I'm getting into territory I have no experience or business being. So I'm going to shut up before I start sounding really stupid. I will be sure and retake my first personality test with this in mind.

Engineer

Dependable Skeleton
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

At the time, I just brushed it off as no personality test is 100% and theres no cookie cutter personality. As time goes by though, I begin to wonder if its not so much me being an odd INTJ, than me not actually being an INTJ. Some of these traits I'm talking about are;
  • Academics, I'm told INTJs tend to excel and thrive in such an environment, I do not. I hate school of all types, and I do poorly in such environment (though my grades are ok). I have a slight loathing of people who make Academics their life.

• Intellectual hobbies/strength. INTJs seem to be interested in the maths and sciences. I personally detest the two, and while I had fairly good grades in college, I am not that bright. Its one of the reasons I vist INTJ forums rarely, they talk over my head.

• Tact and Diplomacy. Viewing some of these forums and listening to others talk about them, INTJs seem to be lacking in these departments. There are times at work when a friend of mine (an ENTJ) will say things to customers and I give a slight shudder, thinking that that could have been more tactful and with a different tone. I'm no Jimmy Carter, but I am careful to adopt proper tones and speaking voice when dealing with people, to put them at ease. Unless I'm very tired, then I become cold in manner because I simply don't care anymore and I've had my fill.

• Confidence and decisiveness, I'm told INTJs have this in abundance. I have zero confidence the majority of the time. I question everything I do, and when I begin to try and judge myself on something, I never trust my own self-view. Thats why when it comes to anything that allows me to personalize or give input on my personality I freeze up. I'll take days of indecision over the stupidest things, simply because it involves me choosing something based on my personal preference.

• Constructiveness, the internet tells me INTJs are constructive and always working on something or another. I am a lazy. I'm not proud of it, but I always rationalize one way or the other not to do something. Zero projects at this moment, and most of the last couple of year.

• Religion. Most INTJs don't believe in God. I do. Not an expert apologist, but I try to read every apologetic article I can. So far I've read some pretty well thought out arguments. Granted this last item isn't a personality trait per say, but atheism seems a common theme among INTJs.

Sir, I am just like you in almost all of those respects. And I am for sure an INTJ. I feel like a lot of what you're thinking of INTJs is a stereotype... remember that typology is semi-accurate, but it can't ever project hugely broad truths about all individuals beneath a particular type. Individuals are individuals, after all.