• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] INTJ Habitat Capsule

TheLastMohican

MBTI Type
ENTJ
A silvery pod makes its slow descent to the ground, thrusters firing. After a textbook landing on the foreign soil, the airlock opens. Several weary travelers in tungsten-coated jumpsuits step out of the ship and gingerly set foot on the unfamiliar turf, peering around them as they go.

After several minutes of visual exploration, the mission leader remarks with awe, "So this is where ESFP's come from."

Okay, so it's not that foreign, but MBTI Central contains some pretty weird stuff for INTJ's. Of course, by the rest of the types present, we are considered the weird ones. But with the team of INTJ's migrating from our own comfortable corner to the wider, weirder world of other personality types, I'd say a backup retreat is appropriate. Hence this thread. When in danger of extraterrestrial microbe contamination or hostile treatment by the natives, INTJ's can flee here, a home away from home.

But this thread is also for the encouragement of friendly and constructive interaction with other types. So, all those who would like to help some INTJ's adjust, welcome here. Bring your stories and thick skin, and let's have a habitat party!

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Are you sure you are an INTJ?

Why do you want to behave like one?
Why do you want to make us believe you're an INTJ?

What are you trying to hide?

TheLastMohican

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Are you sure you are an INTJ?

Quite sure. The more I learn about personality types, the more certain I become of my INTJ-ness. Everything fits.

Why do you want to behave like one?

I don't always want to. When beneficial, I act more extroverted and less inhibited.
But under normal circumstances, I just act the way I do because...that's me. I don't want to be acting constantly.

Why do you want to make us believe you're an INTJ?

I am not going to any great lengths to convince you. Why does such a question come to mind?

What are you trying to hide?

Nothing, except my identity (especially my SSN).

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
Ah s-say boy. This is worse than the troll box idea.

Put 10 INTJs in a room an you'll get 11 opinions.

TheLastMohican

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Ah s-say boy. This is worse than the troll box idea.

Put 10 INTJs in a room an you'll get 11 opinions.

It seems you have missed the point of this thread. This thread is to further the positive interaction between INTJ's and other types, not to close off the INTJ's. If we wanted that, we would just head back to our own forum.

elfinchilde

a white iris
MBTI Type
type
lol. what is defined as 'pretty weird' for INTJs?

first comment: don't back up or retreat. the way to progress is always forward. :yes:

meanwhile... :popc1:

:D

zarc

MBTI Type
Zzzz
Ah, how lovely. I adore INTJs. At least real ones, and not those who merely think they are and wreak havoc with it... as for people who misunderstand INTJs-- Sigh.

Now, if I could just get my INTJ sister out of lurker mode, she can chip in...

Firelie

Magical
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
So uhm...what exactly are we supposed to do here?

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
You are trying to create an INTJ Central within MBTI Central? :shock:

*backs out of thread slowly*

TheLastMohican

MBTI Type
ENTJ
So uhm...what exactly are we supposed to do here?

Just hang out, answer questions about INTJ's and rub shoulders with other types in a non-threatening setting. I discourage nasty debates on this thread.

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
No. This is for other types, too.

Am I allowed to carry a baseball bat? :devil:

I find my encounters with INTJs tend to deteriorate into at least one of three things.

1. criticism and harshness
2. single-minded dismissiveness
3. power struggles

So I'll just lurk so as not to endanger the harmony of your thread. :yes:

Firelie

Magical
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram

I find my encounters with INTJs tend to deteriorate into at least one of three things.

3. power struggles

You sound like you've been abused.

Never fear, not all of us are like that.

TheLastMohican

MBTI Type
ENTJ

Yes, but only use it in self-defense.

3. power struggles

Think of it this way: You are a "furry critter with claws." The claws are for debates. This thread is for the celebration of your "furriness."

I stress that with all who post here. No antagonism! Just polite learning in both directions.

MBTI Type
INTJ

3. power struggles

Types don't kill people, people kill people.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hmm
The INTJ I know, although sarcastic
is one of the most loving people i've had the pleasure of knowing
very open as far as affection
*hugs* and appreciation for the friendship

the other INTJ's via the internet that I know,
are incredibly helpful and open-minded
and they're female INTJ's

either its the fact that i like a good logical thrashing,
or perhaps the negative views on these people are too personally askewed
I admit i am the most objective person I know,
aside for these people
I even dated an INTJ who sent me a book of poetry,
and would refuse not to get me presents....similar to my best buddy(INTJ mentioned above)

*Hugs the misunderstood people in the world*

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
In time, I think I will learn to enjoy INTJs as individuals. :hug:

I think I am retiring my claws. I find using them always hurts me more than the person I am using them on.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Kiddo, I love you until proven otherwise.

Please don't disappoint.

Well, hello, thread. Can we stop arguing and start on what this thread was originally created for?

Although, I've been told that I can't be an INTJ because I'm too 'nice,' too 'chatty,' too 'disorganized,' and too 'creative.' A little disturbing, you know.

Veneti

MBTI Type
XNTX

3. power struggles

With all due respect, perhaps its YOU that is the problem?

I only recently gave someone I know (INTJ for sure) a bloody good lecture about the world and his "puritanical" perspective.

Basically he assulted someone at a bar because they were being sexist/racist and every red neck thing going. His argument "He was bullied at school".
However, he p*ssed a lot of other people off on another assignment and I told him straight out that he wasn't bullied because he was "fat" or whatever excuse he has in his mind, but because he p*ssed people off.

The best thing ANYONE can ever do in life is look for others viewpoints and perspectives which allows them to understand themselves better.

Analyse you actions/reactions/emotions, look in the mirror and observe others.. then correct your subconscious processes so you become what you'd like on a conscious level.