• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] INTJ Habitat Capsule

mippus

you are right
MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
I do not know...

But the growth of my own tertiary Fe had a tremendous impact on me.
The tertiary function allows us to feel more complete, more at peace with ourselves...
Tertiary is often the most decisive function within mature individuals, the most apparent for an outsider.

So, does that explain my impression that this is what explains the difference between same-type people in their teens and 30+?

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
So, does that explain my impression that this is what explains the difference between same-type people in their teens and 30+?

Indeed!

This is especially true for some types, especially NTs...

sriv

MBTI Type
JIxT
We get along so well with ENTPs but so badly with ENFPs. oh well. :party2:

elfinchilde

a white iris
MBTI Type
type

Have realised that it isn't just age: It's that well-adjusted people of their type behave very differently from immature people of the same type.

Am not sure if it is due to the tertiary function per se, or a moderation of extremes as one grows up and experiences more in life, and/or a 'beefing up' of all the other shadow functions: the 5th to 8th. and not just the 3rd or 4th.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
How about we sing the Periodic Table song instead? I think it would be more fun and more appropriate to INTJs (Te) than "Kumbayah" (Fe) while still just as hokey. ;-)

YouTube - The element song

Oh my God, it's Tom Lehrer!

There's antimony arsenic, aluminum, selenium...

Anyway, I always consider well adjusted people easier to get along with.

elfinchilde

a white iris
MBTI Type
type
^. lol. agreed, Haphazard. Perhaps the focus shouldn't be so much on type, but on surpassing it.

Type should never be an excuse for lack of character.

edit: i should like to see someone sing that song in real life, without a lyrics sheet. :shocking:

sriv

MBTI Type
JIxT
How about we sing the Periodic Table song instead? I think it would be more fun and more appropriate to INTJs

I drew some vague conclusions.

Apollonian

MBTI Type
INTJ
Perhaps the focus shouldn't be so much on type, but on surpassing it.

Type should never be an excuse for lack of character.

I wonder if we could somehow develop a model similar to the Myers-Briggs which would describe character instead of personality.

It seems that the Big Five might come a bit closer, but it still talks about personality.

What makes for good character? Especially, how does an INTJ address the weaknesses of his or her character without compromising the strengths?

Are the following elements of character and if so how do we measure them (with as little bias as possible)?
- Honesty
- Maturity
- Reliability
- Dominance
- Synical and/or sarcastic
- Optimism/Pessimism
- Open-mindedness
- etc

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I won't, that would be too hypocritical. :harhar:

Ridicule do only harm people with vastly overrated Egos. :laugh:

It's rather funny to play with DOY and I know I'm not the only one to enjoy the show, but since MBTI-c is not the place to do it, I think I'll ignore him and let him drown.

That's the wisest thing to do.
Wisdom is overrated. I, for one, shall miss what could have been. -Ms. Manners

sriv

MBTI Type
JIxT
The fickle ENFP dissents from taking the path of wisdom. Expected.

The fool is looking for happiness far away. The wise man makes it grow under his feet.
- James Oppenheim

No need to get defensive, just learn the lesson to be learned. Yes, I am obnoxious.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
The fickle ENFP dissents from taking the path of wisdom. Expected.

The fool is looking for happiness far away. The wise man makes it grow under his feet.
- James Oppenheim

No need to get defensive, just learn the lesson to be learned. Yes, I am obnoxious.
Darling, though I want to "show you the light", in doing so, I'd have to rip you apart, and I don't want to have to do that, I haven't even had breakfast yet. :)

sriv

MBTI Type
JIxT
ENFP responses are all the same. Empty threats. Why even bother? Maybe ENFP is another name for lost time.

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
(Are we seeing the legendary ENFP/INTJ attraction working here? You'll eventually figure it out during the next episode of our long awaited MBTI soap opera...)

:popc1:

sriv

MBTI Type
JIxT
I am the one making the scene, yet she is forced to reply to defend her ego. If she does not reply, then she has read this post and is being rebellious. It's a hard choice. Rebel and ignore, or satisfy ego for revenge?

elfinchilde

a white iris
MBTI Type
type
Maybe ENFP is another name for a different kind of wisdom. A third choice: Ignore, because needless antagonism isn't worth an iota of a real woman's time. :coffee:

;)

mippus

you are right
MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
I am the one making the scene, yet she is forced to reply to defend her ego. If she does not reply, then she has read this post and is being rebellious. It's a hard choice. Rebel and ignore, or satisfy ego for revenge?

Please don't mess with CC... because messy, it will be :)