• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] INTJ Habitat Capsule

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
That's the point, when fighting, boys use their "intellectual weaponry" to fight, what is essentially, their emotional battles.

I'm a borderline misandrist, I enjoy this kind of crap. :)

She who possesses my every shadow function...you are my dark side incarnate.:horor:

TheLastMohican

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Call me a bad ENFP, or a sadistic voyeur, but I kind of enjoy this internet beef going on between Blackmail! and Duke of York. :yes:

I enjoy watching boys intellectually spar. It's fun to see them attempt to rip each other's egos apart. :)

Hap made some good points (on another thread), and I am trying to behave maturely here. My ego (yes, I do have one) came into play at INTJ Forum, but here I am trying to ignore the not-so-subtle insults and just learn more. So if Blackmail's ego is not an issue (since, after all, this is mostly about my personality type), I'm afraid the show might fall apart.

But I do want input from everybody. If there are signs that I am not really an INTJ, I want to know about them. Also, I would like to know about traits that come from any other types, since the descriptions of other types tended to seem pretty foreign to me.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ

Oh baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more.

Hap made some good points (on another thread), and I am trying to behave maturely here. My ego (yes, I do have one) came into play at INTJ Forum, but here I am trying to ignore the not-so-subtle insults and just learn more. So if Blackmail's ego is not an issue (since, after all, this is mostly about my personality type), I'm afraid the show might fall apart.

But I do want input from everybody. If there are signs that I am not really an INTJ, I want to know about them. Also, I would like to know about traits that come from any other types, since the descriptions of other types tended to seem pretty foreign to me.

Oh, look, he's learning!

Mocha (can I call you that? Mohican+dyslexia), well, I've noticed that Blackmail! has matured a lot, too, at least since he's been banned from the INTJ-forum. At least, I've talked to him when he wasn't so silly.

Most of the times, when I see posts that offend me, I swallow my revulsion and try to respond in a sensible way. Unless, of course, they were trying to be offensive, in which case they should be ignored. If you give them an inch of leverage, they'll become a ruler.

TheLastMohican

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I love watching two intellectually spar, but I see little intellect here. All I see are two boys fighting over sore feelings while using big words to make themselves sound smart while doing so.

Big words? I didn't notice. :huh:

But I agree about the sore feelings. I still do feel some animosity left over from previous encounters, even though it seems that it was a mountain made out of an anthill. But this thread is for learning, and I intend to do just that.

*Offers handshake to Blackmail* No sore feelings?

EDIT: Sure, Hap, you can call me Mocha. It's more interesting than the abbreviation TLM, IMO.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Big words? I didn't notice. :huh:

But I agree about the sore feelings. I still do feel some animosity left over from previous encounters, even though it seems that it was a mountain made out of an anthill. But this thread is for learning, and I intend to do just that.

*Offers handshake to Blackmail* No sore feelings?

EDIT: Sure, Hap, you can call me Mocha. It's more interesting than the abbreviation TLM, IMO.

Big words is a euphemism for the faux intellectualism used in this argument. Intellectual speech in lieu of simple name calling. The principle is the same, but the words are different.

Okay, Mocha and Blackmail!, let's all gather 'round and sing kumbayah, or whatever we NTs are supposed to do in this situation... lol.

Apollonian

MBTI Type
INTJ
Okay, Mocha and Blackmail!, let's all gather 'round and sing kumbayah, or whatever we NTs are supposed to do in this situation... lol.

How about we sing the Periodic Table song instead? I think it would be more fun and more appropriate to INTJs (Te) than "Kumbayah" (Fe) while still just as hokey. ;-)

YouTube - The element song

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8

I won't, that would be too hypocritical. :harhar:

Ridicule do only harm people with vastly overrated Egos. :laugh:

It's rather funny to play with DOY and I know I'm not the only one to enjoy the show, but since MBTI-c is not the place to do it, I think I'll ignore him and let him drown.

That's the wisest thing to do.

TheLastMohican

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I won't, that would be too hypocritical. :harhar:

Ridicule do only harm people with vastly overrated Egos. :laugh:

It's rather funny to play with DOY and I know I'm not the only one to enjoy the show, but since MBTI-c is not the place to do it, I think I'll ignore him and let him drown.

That's the wisest thing to do.

It sounds like you think I would be hurt if you ignore me. That's pretty pathetic.

I thought you might bury the hatchet and offer some genuine insights on my type, but it appears that is not going to happen. So if you do not have something beneficial for this thread, please take your ego elsewhere.

Okay, to everyone else: I thought we might start some productive conversation now. How about your impressions of an INTJ? I'd like to hear what the general consensus is on the nature of an INTJ, or how we tend to come across to other types (and each other).

mippus

you are right
MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
In most cases I am surprised upon hearing someone I know is INTJ. I rarely identify them as such, since they turn out to be so much nicer people than the cliché about INTJ's suggest. Unfortunately, some of them -when knowing their type- behave the other way around, becoming charicatures of their type. Horrible. But the same goes for most of the types, I guess, expecially the NT's...

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Unfortunately, some of them -when knowing their type- behave the other way around, becoming charicatures of their type. Horrible. But the same goes for most of the types, I guess, expecially the NT's...

How true!

The MBTI never was created to show us role models, but that's the way many people interpreted it. :huh:

---

As a matter of fact, my best friend since childhood is an INTJ. He's a very complex being, full of paradoxes. That's why I like him.
Very bossy, but never happy with himself. He's too clever to consider sheer wealth as a measure of success.

sriv

MBTI Type
JIxT
Success is subjective. I would probably consider sheer wealth as a measure of success, but wealth is subjective too.

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Success is subjective. I would probably consider sheer wealth as a measure of success, but wealth is subjective too.

Wealth would never be able to fill the emptiness within an INTJ heart.

sriv

MBTI Type
JIxT
Very true. Thus the path to wealth is more a direction than an end.

mippus

you are right
MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
Wealth would never be able to fill the emptiness within an INTJ heart.

I agree. The INTJ's I know are very value-driven and wealth is not one of them...
Could be due to midlife crisis though... :)

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I find the impact of tertiary functions very hard to judge...
Do you have a suggestion on where to find valuable information on them?

I do not know...

But the growth of my own tertiary Fe had a tremendous impact on me.
The tertiary function allows us to feel more complete, more at peace with ourselves...
Tertiary is often the most decisive function within mature individuals, the most apparent for an outsider.