• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] INTJ breakdown

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I've been doing some reading (as usual) and now I'm curious.

What makes an INTJ crack? Don't tell me they can't because I know they have to be able to. What's an INTJ like when they've finally lost it? They love control and they would never want to show weakness like this, so it's my guess that when one finally does crack in the presence of others, the resulting breakdown is quite spectacular. What are the warning signs, and what can they do to prevent breakdown?

This is for my understanding, only. I'm not trying to drive an INTJ to insanity and then submission with this information, it's to settle my curiosity.

Thanks.

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
I've been doing some reading (as usual) and now I'm curious.

What makes an INTJ crack? Don't tell me they can't because I know they have to be able to. What's an INTJ like when they've finally lost it? They love control and they would never want to show weakness like this...

It largely depends on whether the INTJ realises what your trying to do - your intention to *annoy*. Which they probably will. The fact that they start to feel annoyed will confirm this fact to them. Straight away.

Don't even expect any revenge. It wouldn't be worth the effort. Any form of revenge you should treat as a compliment.

Edit: I see that you are an INTJ, and wonder why you may want to pose this question?

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
It largely depends on whether the INTJ realises what your trying to do - your intention to *annoy*. Which they probably will. The fact that they start to feel annoyed will confirm this fact to them. Straight away.

Don't even expect any revenge. It wouldn't be worth the effort. Any form of revenge you should treat as a compliment.

What about frustrations other than from people? That's more what I meant. Breakdown from various stressors, all culminating and finally forcing an INTJ to combust. I want to know what the explosion is like.

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
I reckon very little. Frustrations can be quantified.

You could ask lots of feely questions? That'll stump 'em.

Stress would typically come from any overwhelming emotions that cannot be dealt with.

What stresses you out?

Jae Rae

Free-Rangin' Librarian
MBTI Type
INFJ
Try reading Was That Really Me? which is about the various types under stress.

Jae Rae

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
Try reading Was That Really Me? which is about the various types under stress.

But this is specifically about INTJs under stress.

Don't piss on the guy's parade just yet.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
But this is specifically about INTJs under stress.

Don't piss on the guy's parade just yet.

uuuuummmm she was giving you way to find this out. You don't have to read the whole book, just the sections on INTJs or not at all.

though I'm curious to find out what makes INTJs snap aswell.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Yes, Was That Really Me? provides EXCELLENT insight into the character you might become under extreme stress, by type.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Yes, Was That Really Me? provides EXCELLENT insight into the character you might become under extreme stress, by type.

I don't have access/funds for books at the moment. Does anybody here have this book?

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Maybe PM Tovlo? She is the one that posted the "Was that really me?" info for the INFP and INFJ on INFPgc. She has an account here.

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
That is not a hyperlink..
Why underline it then?

Edit: I'd be really pleased to read it if you could only make it really easy and give a hyperlink.

Cheers.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Because it's proper grammar to underline books, italicise journals, and put articles in quotes.

Edit: Try googling "Was That Really Me". In quotes.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Why underline it then?

Edit: I'd be really pleased to read it if you could only make it really easy and give a hyperlink.

Cheers.

Underline it because that's how you properly refer to books. By underlining them.

I can't get this book, and because it's in a book, the information is likely unavailable for free online.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
You can read the info for free at the bookstore. I do that all the time.

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
Because it's proper grammar to underline books, italicise journals, and put articles in quotes.

I don't know what it is. The convention with html is to underline hyperlinks. Our conventions are obviously different.

At least give a reference - author, date, year.

I'm not a mind reader.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
You can read the info for free at the bookstore. I do that all the time.

I am regularly followed in bookstores. I don't think I would be able to go to the psychology section without looking very, very suspicious, i.e. my parents would likely think that I'm trying to figure out a way to hypnotize or otherwise control them to do my bidding.

They can be paranoid.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
BT: Hyperlinks automatically become underlined and often change color when you create them.

Hap: :laugh: Alright then.