• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] never putting my guard down again

think2much

MBTI Type
intp
I imagine it depends on what you take. I have heard only positive reactions.

taking drugs just to survive sounds depressing. I refuse to die than take daily meds. It isn't essential to survive.

I can't even imagin how taking meds will change my life, I'm still gonna strugle with everything I'm dealing with.

Taking adderall would be more efficient since I'll be more productive. Again taking pills just to function in this society is depressing. If I wanted this pain to go away I rather take meth. all again unhealthy choice.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
KDude speaks truth.

P.S. So does Nicodemus. If you have major depression, you can't think straight. Give yourself a chance at least and try some alteration of your brain chemistry for perhaps the better. If you don't like it, you don't have to continue. If you find it helps, take the help. You have nothing to lose.

P.P.S. I have major depression, too. I take Wellbutrin. If I don't, within about six weeks, I start suicidal ideation. I don't know why and I'm bored with the question; it doesn't matter to me anymore. It stops when I take my medication. I still like to spend my time online or listening to sad music, though. Because that's just what I like to do.

Nicodemus

taking drugs just to survive sounds depressing. I refuse to die than take daily meds. It isn't essential to survive.

I can't even imagin how taking meds will change my life, I'm still gonna strugle with everything I'm dealing with.

Taking adderall would be more efficient since I'll be more productive. Again taking pills just to function in this society is depressing. If I wanted this pain to go away I rather take meth. all again unhealthy choice.
Regard the meds as the rope that should get you out of the mire you are in. Once you got out, you can throw it away.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You sound like you are beyond the "help" of a typology forum. Having major depression is like being buried above ground. Anti-depressents can do a lot of good. Back it up with some CBT from a competent therapist. It's better than just taking the drugs alone.

When you're depressed, everything sucks. EVERYTHING. Nothing is right, all is wrong, wrong, wrong and it will never get better, not ever...The End.

And fortunately, none of that is true at all. It's hard to believe when that's all you see, all you know, and all you believe. It's like standing in a bottom of a well believing you are trapped in there with no way out. Yet, the reality is that the lip of well is just right above your head. With a little effort (or a lot), you could just climb out. You just need to look up to see it instead of looking down at your feet.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I was happy being a loner during that time but not anymore. I'm extremely lonely, would like to be in a relationship. It isn't common for a guy to be a virgin at my age, not that I care that it's uncommon but I'm very sexually frustrated as well. I already have low self-esteem and it doesn't help that I'm getting older. Feels like there's something wrong with me or that I'm not good enough. I been self-loathing for long time now.
You will not have a fulfilling relationship with anyone until you have a better relationship with yourself.

The advice about antidepressants is sound. I have also known people for whom they have worked wonders, if only as a temporary crutch.

If nothing else, make a point to get up early each morning and watch the sun rise. This is no joke. Try it.

think2much

MBTI Type
intp
You will not have a fulfilling relationship with anyone until you have a better relationship with yourself.

The advice about antidepressants is sound. I have also known people for whom they have worked wonders, if only as a temporary crutch.

If nothing else, make a point to get up early each morning and watch the sun rise. This is no joke. Try it.

I just talked to someone I met online on skype for 2hrs. He made me realize how much I feel like an alien. I don't understand social dynamic and it's frustrating. I feel all alone in this planet, not even my parents can understand me.

More I think about it, I don't think relationship is possible with someone. I like to spend so much time alone or in my head. I don't even know what to do. I'm socially incept.

days like this I just wanna say fuck everyone, I don't believe I have mental disorder. Even if I did I'm not gonna get therapy so I can be just like everyone eles.

Feeling this way for very long time. I'm thinking about sucide even thinking about my family. They have to let me go if I'm going through this much pain. Hitting almost mid 20s and I feel like a manchild sometimes but observing people joking about the stupidest shit makes me feel more mature than them.

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wow, and I thought I had problems. :laugh:

You need to seek help, soon.

The next time someone accuses me of being negative, I'm going to point them to you.

You definitely think too much about shit that doesn't matter. Quit thinking about how crappy you are and start trying to change whatever it is that bothers you about yourself. For one, quit worrying about what people on a forum think of you. It's a testing ground and not real life.

Nicodemus

I just talked to someone I met online on skype for 2hrs. He made me realize how much I feel like an alien. I don't understand social dynamic and it's frustrating.
Can you explain how that particular conversation made you realize (again) that you are so inept?

days like this I just wanna say fuck everyone, I don't believe I have mental disorder. Even if I did I'm not gonna get therapy so I can be just like everyone eles.

Feeling this way for very long time. I'm thinking about sucide even thinking about my family. They have to let me go if I'm going through this much pain. Hitting almost mid 20s and I feel like a manchild sometimes but observing people joking about the stupidest shit makes me feel more mature than them.
It is quite funny how we grow fond of and do not wish to lose ourselves even if we are miserable. What is important, however, is that you will still be you during and after treatment because it is the memory that makes the person. You can still be special when you are 'like everyone else': they are all different.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I don't believe I have mental disorder. Even if I did I'm not gonna get therapy so I can be just like everyone eles.

Unless this entire thread is a load of bullshit you are posting simply for amusement, yes you do have a mental disorder and yes you need therapy.

bcubchgo

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
learn to love yourself and people will learn to love you.

Firelie

Magical
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
If you don't want to change and you don't want to be social, why are you even here posting?

think2much

MBTI Type
intp
Can you explain how that particular conversation made you realize (again) that you are so inept?

It is quite funny how we grow fond of and do not wish to lose ourselves even if we are miserable. What is important, however, is that you will still be you during and after treatment because it is the memory that makes the person. You can still be special when you are 'like everyone else': they are all different.

I have chat with him before couple times, we were talking about my problems. How I view things, my beliefs, my attuide towards people. He said he can already tell by tone of my voice I'm depressed or whatever. I felt I was misunderstood cause my traits weren't "normal". Which made me angry cause I accpet people for who they are. I respect how they view things and I don't ever see thoes traits as something "bad" even I disagree with them. People tend to believe they're all right and everyone needs to follow by their rules

Unless this entire thread is a load of bullshit you are posting simply for amusement, yes you do have a mental disorder and yes you need therapy.

doesn't matter if I have mental disorder, this is how my brain is wired. I always been the same since I was a kid. Never function too well in school settings or people but I dealt with it. Just feel lonely that I'm a lot older.

Just makes me angry that people say I need a fix or that my brain is broken.

learn to love yourself and people will learn to love you.
very cliche... but could be true. Never learned to love myself, always been self-loating. Don't really know how to break out of my insecurities.
If you don't want to change and you don't want to be social, why are you even here posting?

I do want to change but in a sense of my own realization. Telling me to go to therapy doesn't justify how I deal with my problems. I do want to be social but I always get the sense from people that I'm insane. I even get a vibe from INFP and ISTP that I"m odd and these are the type I related the most to.

Here to rant and express my emotions. See a different view. Maby some INTP went through the same thing, would be interesting to read how they cope with it. Maby to relate, that I"m not the only one who feels this way, maby to get validation that I'm not totally insane.

Wow, and I thought I had problems. :laugh:

You need to seek help, soon.

The next time someone accuses me of being negative, I'm going to point them to you.

You definitely think too much about shit that doesn't matter. Quit thinking about how crappy you are and start trying to change whatever it is that bothers you about yourself. For one, quit worrying about what people on a forum think of you. It's a testing ground and not real life.

what does matter??????? Isn't that define by the individual? Does career matter? If I focus on my career and become successful would I then be complete?

For me finding something I love matters, finding someone I can spend the rest of my life matters. My family matters.

sorry, I just get this a lot from people "stop stressing about things that doesn't matter". How do they know what matters to me? always gets me what matters and what's important

Most of friendship or conversation I had weren't very good, most people would just drop whatever they said and avoid me. Just stop talking to me in general. If I'm talking to someone online I would either not get invited or get banned in a group. It does bother me that I'm an outcast and I always try to find a reason why.

think2much

MBTI Type
intp
Most of friendship or conversation I had weren't very good, most people would just drop whatever they said and avoid me. Just stop talking to me in general. If I'm talking to someone online I would either not get invited or get banned in a group. It does bother me that I'm an outcast and I always try to find a reason why.

kinda like what you guys are doing right now.

mujigay

Intergalactic Badass
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
This thread is kind of baffling me because you're phrasing the whole thing as a call for advice, but yet you already seem to know exactly what your inadequecies are and exactly how to fix them. So why not go do that?

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
This thread is kind of baffling me because you're phrasing the whole thing as a call for advice, but yet you already seem to know exactly what your inadequecies are and exactly how to fix them. So why not go do that?

I agree with this.

[MENTION=8141]think2much[/MENTION], the people who posted in this thread were willing to help you, but to me you came off as a bit passive-aggressive and because of that people gave up trying to help. You either ignored helpful advice or dismissed them immediately as something that would never work.

There are a few things you have to understand about these kinds of threads:

Seemingly Unhelpful Advice
The OP feels like no one understands the real situation, because everyone seems to be giving 'vague', 'shallow' advice. Keep in mind that no one will ever understand your situation if you only provide 'vague' information. If you say "I don't get along with my family and I don't go to gatherings, so that makes me feel like crap", do you think people can give you a detailed analysis of how your relationship formed over the years and point out your parents' point of view and give you advice on how to reconcile? No, the most they can say is "Well, start going to family gatherings then." When you read this, you just feel more misunderstood, and this may or may not feed into the second point below:

The Victim Psychology
Another psychological thing is that, some depressed people get into the 'victim' mode. They think they are messed up and people are mean and everything is so negative and hopeless. The scary thing about this victim mode is that you just keep on victimizing yourself and try to prove to anyone who would listen how cruel the world is to you. The attitude is 'Yes, I'm not perfect, but the world is so unforgiving and everyone hates me." This is an excuse. This is when you tell yourself that it's the world that needs fixing and not you, that you are blameless (after all, my shortcomings do not warrant such terrible treatment from other people!), that nothing can ever change. It's a trap. Change is hard and painful. Victim mode thoughts just try to keep you safe in the conviction that you are powerless, and therefore free from the responsibility to make your life work. It's just like the people who, upon given a challenging task, choose to admit they are not clever enough to do it, than to risk attempting it and having to accept failure (or success).

I'm sorry I have to be harsh in this post. I figured if you just needed sympathy and hugs you should have posted in the NF section :wink:

Well, here goes one anyway :hug:

sparky1313

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
People are dumb in general. Few are rational enough to see that the world as a simple place. Adults seem to make life very complicated. I am 14, and most people in their right mind wouldn't take advice from me, but one thing I have figured out is that about 10% of the population is worth talking to and it is decreasing daily. The trick is to keep looking.

Tiger Owl

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
People are dumb in general. Few are rational enough to see that the world as a simple place. Adults seem to make life very complicated. I am 14, and most people in their right mind wouldn't take advice from me, but one thing I have figured out is that about 10% of the population is worth talking to and it is decreasing daily. The trick is to keep looking.

You may want to give yourself a few years before you start deciding you know more than 90 percent of the population champ. Hell of a first post though, I will give you credit for that. Protip: you can only edit your posts for about two weeks. After that gracious window, you will look like a tool forever.

Welcome to TypeC!

G

Glycerine

Cognitive behavioral therapy or meditation may be good alternatives. Therapy is about as effective as meds. Supposedly a combo of meds and therapy usually gets the best results though.

You seem to be struggling with this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beck's_cognitive_triad
Cognitive behavioral therapy would help you to reframe things.

EDIT: I struggled with that type of thinking posted in the OP and I did not like the idea of meds so I talked it out A LOT with a confidante/ therapist and analyzed things to figure out the root cause and reframed my thinking from there.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You may want to give yourself a few years before you start deciding you know more than 90 percent of the population champ. Hell of a first post though
I remember having a similar perspective when I was 14. I wouldn't have said the world was simple, but rather that its inherent complexity was tractable by anyone willing to engage reality with reason. "Adults" made it needlessly complex, usually by inserting the unproductively irrational. Of course, people didn't listen to me any more than to Sparky.

Now, with over two decades behind me, I see that this perspective was (and is) essentially correct. Life experiences have shown me that there is something to be gained from interaction with the other 90%, but it is rarely great conversation. Experience has also shown me how to use these conclusions, and when to keep them to myself.

Tiger Owl

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How we see ourselves as individuals.
snowflake-microscope-beautiful-21.jpg

What that individuality and uniqueness approximates in practical application.
blizzard.gif

Everybody thinks that everyone else is the 90%.