• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] INTP and self-actualization.

Cypocalypse

MBTI Type
eNtP
Enneagram
4w5/
I have this impression that self-actualization is an INTP's field of interest. Maybe not just INTP but xNxP in general.

I couldn't say that this is a TJ function since most TJ's I know are damn occupied in their profession to even think about something as intangible as that concept but...

Does any INTP here feel that it's a bit hypocritical to aspire for the apex of self actualization if they know, for example, that their real world work/professional/applciation skills can sometimes be questionable? Or, do INTPs think that the individualistic/materialist/achievement mindset must first be met before the aspiration for a self-actualization's apex comes?

skip

MBTI Type
INTP
How are you defining "self-actualization?"

wedekit

MBTI Type
INFJ
How are you defining "self-actualization?"

Well, the typical definition of self-actualization is "meeting one's full potential", at least according to Maslow who coined the term.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm still not sure exactly what the OP is asking.

(Clarification?)

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
"Does any INTP here feel that it's a bit hypocritical to aspire for the apex of self actualization if they know, for example, that their real world work/professional/applciation skills can sometimes be questionable?"

I have this problem right now. I think one of our largest drawbacks is if we don't see BULLETPROOF reason to do something without ANY doubts, it's likely not going to get done or done well. Half of the time I want to say "Fuck balancing myself in this screwed up social world, I'm going to move into a cabin in Wyoming where I belong"

Cypocalypse

MBTI Type
eNtP
Enneagram
4w5/
Self actualization = ultimate enlightenment, pinnacle of a person's potential. ultimate end goal in life = Too INTP-ish for me. But to be simple about this, I'll use the Maslow definition.

Judous

MBTI Type
INTP
self actualization does not sound like something an INTP would be particularly interested in.

Any kind of P for that matter, sounds more like a J

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
self actualization does not sound like something an INTP would be particularly interested in. Any kind of P for that matter, sounds more like a J

Yeah. Of course.
I mean, INFP's are notorious for avoiding self-actualization.

:dry: