• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Jungian Cognitive Functions] Tell me if I understand these concepts correctly

Cypocalypse

MBTI Type
eNtP
Enneagram
4w5/
Just making sure I interpreted things correctly.

Se - Sensory functions (Daredevil and Wolverine's asset)

Si - Memory.

Ni - Vision of an eventuality of things. At an advanced level, it can be defined as a precognition.

Ne - realization of concepts. Whereas in Ni, these concepts appears to have an eventuality (e.g., a tangible concrete manifestation of an eventuality) already, in the state of Ne, these concepts appear in raw form that don't have coherence yet, until binded by something.

Ti - logic (pure form)

Te - empirical manifestation of logic. Subset of Ti, manifesting through created measurable parameters, e.g., graphs, charts, workplan, etc.

Fi - intrapersonal skills, basically Sigmund Freud's idea of Ego (arbiter of the Superego and the ID). Someone's idea of ethics, leaning towards spirituality in some cases.

Fe - empathy, diplomacy, interpersonal relationships, public behavior.

P - Perception. Pretty much like SE, but goes beyond it. Reading between the lines of what is apparently observable.

J - Eventuality, decision, bottom line, finalization. Whereas Perception is the process, Judgment is the outcome.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
more than 90% in your favor

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
perhaps Te should be logic
if-then statements

and Ti is more so analysis and pruning away at data to get concise arguments or reasons

I'm glad you don't confuse people with explanations, life is so much easier this way.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
no, I think he meant that Ti is "pure logic" (like when you take symbolic logic at college? And use logic language to create a logical statement? That's Ti.)

And Te is the empirical application of logic in ways that accomplish a goal.

(Ti is much more "defining the essence of something" rather than trying to accomplish anything in particular.)

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
no, I think he meant that Ti is "pure logic" (like when you take symbolic logic at college? And use logic language to create a logical statement?)

And Te is the empirical application of logic in ways that accomplish a goal.

(Ti is much more "defining the essence of something" rather than trying to accomplish anything in particular.)

ah
hmm

Anonymous

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Just making sure I interpreted things correctly.

Se - Sensory functions (Daredevil and Wolverine's asset)

Si - Memory.

Ni - Vision of an eventuality of things. At an advanced level, it can be defined as a precognition.

Ne - realization of concepts. Whereas in Ni, these concepts appears to have an eventuality (e.g., a tangible concrete manifestation of an eventuality) already, in the state of Ne, these concepts appear in raw form that don't have coherence yet, until binded by something.

Ti - logic (pure form)

Te - empirical manifestation of logic. Subset of Ti, manifesting through created measurable parameters, e.g., graphs, charts, workplan, etc.

Fi - intrapersonal skills, basically Sigmund Freud's idea of Ego (arbiter of the Superego and the ID). Someone's idea of ethics, leaning towards spirituality in some cases.

Fe - empathy, diplomacy, interpersonal relationships, public behavior.

P - Perception. Pretty much like SE, but goes beyond it. Reading between the lines of what is apparently observable.

J - Eventuality, decision, bottom line, finalization. Whereas Perception is the process, Judgment is the outcome.

Looks mostly on track. Here's a nice chart that describes them all in simple summaries:

The Interstrength Cognitive Assessment: (Except for I, E, P, and J)

Badlands

MBTI Type
INTP
Ti is my most used function and Te is my least, so I think I might be able to bring some type of closure to the Ti/Te argument. There's a reason Te is always highest in J types, because I think it's something along the lines of "using logical structuring of parts or people to create a desired outcome", basically a 90% judging/closure job. Ti is more informative and open, being more done (autonomously at least) for simply a craving to acquire and analyze data on a particular subject. To put it simply, Ti is like when somebody looks something up on the Internet, and makes logical conclusions on how this information is relevant to other information they know, Te is like having a game plan and making a task happen with your limited resources.