• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Why is INTJforum So Boring?

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Your jokey video is offensive to my belief system. I had enough good sense after realizing the ridiculousness of the brand of Evangelical Christianity I was raised with to embrace the pure rationality of the progressive community I joined. As a product of my enlightenment, I recognize the benefits of belonging to a group that suppresses all individuality, believes this world is inherently sinful, regards the pursuit of knowledge as immoral, believes men are lustful beasts women should be protected from and thinks it's important to feel guilty for things we can't control. Also, Israel will play a critical role as the location of ground zero between the forces of truth and oppression.

I wish everyone could stop believing in harmful nonsense like religion and see the light. I hope someday, you realize the error of your ways and enter into our fold.

serenesam

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Nah. I don't think it's unique to you. I think the admin/owner is ISTJ. Or if INTJ, is Enneagram type 1. 99% of the time, it's easy to live within the constraints, but when you need to enter something that violates one of their filters, one discovers how logic, pushed to an extreme, is silly.

It’s interesting that you think the admin/owner is an ISTJ. I was just thinking. Wouldn’t it be possible that there are a bunch of ISTJs thinking they’re INTJs and I mean, I don’t know, there is something very alluring about being an INTJ, thus, making that particular forum kind of popular. So in essence, it’s just a bunch of ISTJs thinking they’re INTJ rallying behind and supporting their ISTJ boss (but of course they see her as INTJ). Some people have mentioned in the past in other places that there just seems to be way too many INTJs over there and so yeah, it makes sense that the true number of INTJs are actually much lower. In fact, I actually think the real number of INTJs is lower than the general estimates you see on other sources throughout the internet as perhaps, they are just being nice for example, in saying that INTJs represents anywhere from 2-4% of the mass population.

The differential between INTJ and ISTJ gets complicated because I think you also have the monetary factor. While MBTI is loved by businesses, it is not so much liked by psychologists:

Psychologist and personality test developer Robert Hogan wrote: "Most personality psychologists regard the MBTI as little more than an elaborate Chinese fortune cookie..."[48]

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myers–Briggs_Type_Indicator

So there are two things to note:

1). Cognitive functions such as Ni cannot be describes as being “magical, mystical, or mysterious,” because that would be a turn-off to certain people attempting to make money or profit from MBTI.

2). Blurring the lines between INTJ and ISTJ might actually be a positive thing because of the fact that the majority of the people on the planet are actually Sensors, and so allowing them to falsely believe they are INTJ can make themselves feel good about themselves, and thus, resulting in higher forum traffic for a particular forum.

What a great way to make money from a bunch of folks who think they are INTJ!

serenesam

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Short posts - one liners are deemed to have no substance and looked down upon.

Yeah, I have had that happened to me many times in the past. But recently, it just seems that isn't really the case. It does however, amaze me that for people who claim to be Intuitive, they would know what I am talking about just based one line. In addition, it just seems like I always have to explain myself because some people just didn't really understand what I was talking about. What's even amusing is when someone like Stasis (who claims to be an INTP and is one of the admins) deletes one of my posts for not being of substance quality or whatever, when I clearly see no reason to further bore "the readers out there" of what I meant with long sentences and long paragraphs......I mean,......I don't know......it just seems it's actually more of a Sensor-kind-of-thing to need a "thorough" explanation of everything..... :)

It amazes me that a person who is an INTJ would put up with the constraints and overly controlling style.

I just remembered someone from that forum told me that an INTJ would suck it all up (in terms of following rules). No, I don't think so. An ISTJ yes. But all true INTJs? I don't think so. An Intuitive is likely to question rules, laws, and bureaucracy. This could be due to NPs in terms of the big letters and Ni (for NJs) if one wants to strictly talk cognitive functions.

.....I also post on another forum for ENTJs and I am amazed at the amount of freedom they give me to post whatever I want.....

I mean, I don't know, I just assumed that ENTJs were one of the more "masculine" types or whatever but perhaps the admin's auxiliary Ni is well developed....in addition, it's also possible that the owner's entire cognitive function stack are all well developed from Te to Ni to Se and yes, to Fi......

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Screw that.

Right. I couldn't believe intjs would want all that excess verbiage. It makes me think that a lot of the moderators weren't intj. That's a while ago tho.

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Right. I couldn't believe intjs would want all that excess verbiage. It makes me think that a lot of the moderators weren't intj. That's a while ago tho.

They seem to have backed off on a lot of their moderation. Not completely of course. I see one line posts that don't get deleted. Apparently it's possible to post with more than 6 images now ... or they don't count emoji as images any more. But I believe the link restrictions are still enforced.

But yeah, I can't believe an INTJ would want to micromanage everything that much. INTJs care about the vision, that principles are followed, but not the specifics.

As for "a lot of the moderators weren't INTJ" ... um YEAH ... it isn't obvious? Lots of technically-oriented INFJs that self-type as INTJs, lots of INTPs who might be type 1s which hides their "P" side. Lots of super-nitpicky nitpickiness.

There are also a bunch of ISTPs self-typed as INTJs there, though I don't know of any who are mods. Just a lot of members that if you engage in a discussion with them, you'll see them take abstract analogies and metaphors remarkably literally, using them as axioms/theorems instead of as the limited-use communication tools that they are.

And finally a bunch of INTJ kids who take life way too seriously.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
They seem to have backed off on a lot of their moderation. Not completely of course. I see one line posts that don't get deleted. Apparently it's possible to post with more than 6 images now ... or they don't count emoji as images any more. But I believe the link restrictions are still enforced.

But yeah, I can't believe an INTJ would want to micromanage everything that much. INTJs care about the vision, that principles are followed, but not the specifics.

As for "a lot of the moderators weren't INTJ" ... um YEAH ... it isn't obvious? Lots of technically-oriented INFJs that self-type as INTJs, lots of INTPs who might be type 1s which hides their "P" side. Lots of super-nitpicky nitpickiness.

There are also a bunch of ISTPs self-typed as INTJs there, though I don't know of any who are mods. Just a lot of members that if you engage in a discussion with them, you'll see them take abstract analogies and metaphors remarkably literally, using them as axioms/theorems instead of as the limited-use communication tools that they are.

And finally a bunch of INTJ kids who take life way too seriously.

I hate to say anything negative for obvious reasons but I absolutely hated the moderation there. I didn't make a lot of posts but the few that I did were heavily moderated. I just came to the conclusion that it wasn't a fit because I didn't want to be controlled or edited in that way. I got really angry and I'm not easily angered. I honestly am perplexed as to what the attraction is.

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I hate to say anything negative for obvious reasons but I absolutely hated the moderation there. I didn't make a lot of posts but the few that I did were heavily moderated. I just came to the conclusion that it wasn't a fit because I didn't want to be controlled or edited in that way. I got really angry and I'm not easily angered. I honestly am perplexed as to what the attraction is.

There are decent folks there whose posting style rarely triggers the moderation.

One weird tic I'm seeing there in the past couple of years is that a LOT of longstanding members have been banned, people with thousands of posts spanning 2 years or more. They don't post B&D like we do, so you rarely learn why they were banned. They're just gone. I'm wondering if they had a change in the rules that I'm perceiving as more lax, but is hitting other types of people harder?

serenesam

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
But recently, it just seems that isn't really the case.

Now, I must brag how I was able to contribute to a slight change in policy at the INTJf forum. Of course, it is entirely possible that they will claim not much has changed (you know the attitude of TJs) but even in the act of claiming not much has changed, it is only logical that there is or was change. I think I lost the friendship of Jezebel over it but I believe it was worth it and I have no regrets whatsoever. I felt the need to stand up and fight for something in which I have seen other people prior to me not be able to pull off, including folks whose vocabulary capacity are much higher than mine. Unlike other proud arrogant folks who like to take full credit, I don't take full credit but I am definitely proud of myself and take some credit for perhaps being the one person for a lack of better words to "break the camel's back" or perhaps be one of the last remaining persons to have what I would term a "final-cause-and-effect" phenomenon.

And yes, as crazy as this sounds, I believe some of the folks that complained were true INTJs like Tengu. :)

serenesam

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
I would like to offer a thought experiment in that if we were to assume that Jezebel is an ISTJ and Stasis is an INTP, why would anyone be shocked that they might work well together? Si would be Jezebel's first function and Stasis's third function.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
At the brief time (briefer than any other type I "thought" myself as) I thought myself to be an INTJ, I looked around the forums (never participated in it). I found some information to be nice and helpful and I didn't really see a competition, maybe some pride, but that's all. I don't really go to INFJ forums because I find myself kind of bored there to be honest, I feel people of any type exclusively on one forum turns to be quite dull and boring. I like diversity and novelty. :blush:

serenesam

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
The thing is, the INTJf forum used to be filled with conservatives and correct me if I am wrong, most Intuitives tend to be either liberal or independent.

But anyways, here’s a list of people and the type I think they are:

Dancingqueen – Initially thought was INTJ but after an intensive contemplation with myself, ISTJ.
Madden – ISTJ
Jezebel – ISTJ
Cooper – ISTJ
Thebrainpolice – ISTJ
Midhiel – ISTJ

Ambra – INTJ, even though other people have doubts.
Anreader - INTJ
reckful – INTJ
Monte – INTJ
Tengu – INTJ
zibber – INTJ
geniusofmozart – INTJ
mieu – INTJ
Silverity – INTJ, I can see Ni in her eyes, plus, I see far more depth in her than she is leading on.
INTJane – INTJ, loved that one avatar where she looked liked a female version of a wizard. In addition, loved that other avatar where it looked like someone doing meditation kind of like what Danielle Durland from the Youtube channel Interpersonality said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vcqg2i_CSaU
INTJ Relationships

byte me – ENTP
kfarb – INFP
OrangeAppled – INFP, miss her on INTJf. :cry:
scorpiomover – INTP
femmebott – INTP
irini- ENFP
Distance – definitely ENTJ, not the xNTx she sometimes wishes she was. :laugh:
Moxiie – Initially thought was ENFP but after an intensive contemplation with myself, ESFP.
Deconspire – Initially thought was INTP, but after an intensive contemplation with myself, ISTP.
Ricardo Diaz – definitely not INTP. Not really sure what his type is.

Not really sure why some people think that forum has a lot of INFJs. Have you seen the way people treat each other over there?

I also post on another forum for INFJs, and I can tell you, many of those folks seem like real INFJs to me. :)

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Don't feel bad, INTJs -- every forum that focuses on any one type are all boring.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Why do you think there are so many of us here?
I'm thinking that there's a master plan for INTJs en masse to completely take over these forums. Motivation being an "if I can't have a non-boring forum, then nobody can!!" sort of thing.