• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Why is INTJforum So Boring?

TheLastMohican

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Maybe I do, maybe I don't.

I said it was a tendency, not for sure. I'm not going to name names.

I think that tendency is around the 100-400 post range, especially those who post only in the politics and religion threads. They tend to be the confrontational ones.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I think that tendency is around the 100-400 post range, especially those who post only in the politics and religion threads. They tend to be the confrontational ones.

Mostly it was the psych threads that annoyed me. I didn't care to venture into the politics and religion threads.

TheLastMohican

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Mostly it was the psych threads that annoyed me. I didn't care to venture into the politics and religion threads.

Hm. Even the psychology threads annoyed you?

I am (actually was) heavily involved in the politics and religion threads, participating in numerous debates with the nastiest debaters. I recently began to find that rather tiresome, since the debates frequently became redundant and stagnant, or were reduced to one-sided name-calling.

But, at least I held my own there, and now I am content to browse the light topics, like psychology.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Hm. Even the psychology threads annoyed you?

I am (actually was) heavily involved in the politics and religion threads, participating in numerous debates with the nastiest debaters. I recently began to find that rather tiresome, since the debates frequently became redundant and stagnant, or were reduced to one-sided name-calling.

But, at least I held my own there, and now I am content to browse the light topics, like psychology.

Some of the psych was okay but so much of it was permeated with the 'holier than thou' attitude concerning INTJs being better than everyone else. The MBTI discussion can still be interesting, but a lot of the psych discussion became no better than the whining and justification on livejournal.

It annoyed me. MBTI is a tool, a theory giving all types the opportunity to be balanced and valuable in their own right, even if, well, many of them would get on the average INTJ's nerves.

Yes, life can be hard sometimes, but that's no reason to whine about it and make one have to sift through that much crap in one's pursuit of knowlegde.

My, that was ranty, wasn't it?

I came to this forum to see if it was different, but I see that, as usual, there are still forum politics. :doh: I guess it's going to be like that anywhere you go, though.

sciski

MBTI Type
NSFW
Enneagram
6w7
What's up with the incoming INFPs? Do they thing they can fix us or something?

We were encouraged to go over (from INFPgc).

I think some of us went, got bored, and left. It's a smilie desert!

INFPs much prefer smilie desserts. :cheese:

/irritating mode

As I said in that linked thread, the INTJs on INFPgc are much more human and dynamic than many of the ones I've seen at INTJc.

It does seem to be related to several very outspoken individuals trying to out-INTJ each other according to INTJ descriptions. If INTJ descriptions had included "saucy", "alluring" and "pantaloon-wearing", then perhaps the forum would be more interesting. Which is not to say that INTJs aren't naturally saucy, alluring or have a penchant for puffy pants.

Incidentally, RWDZ really is a nice fellow - however, he is also like a St Bernard puppy who accidentally packed explosives in his cask instead of brandy... (which is why I like him! :D).

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
We were encouraged to go over (from INFPgc).
Who did that, and why?

If INTJ descriptions had included "saucy", "alluring" and "pantaloon-wearing", then perhaps the forum would be more interesting. Which is not to say that INTJs aren't naturally saucy, alluring or have a penchant for puffy pants.
*chuckles*

My pants aren't usually very puffy, and I'm probably not either of the other two. Unless it's enchilada sauce. I love enchilada sauce.

LostInNerSpace

MBTI Type
INTP
Change the colors. I'm sure the drab gray colors don't help. Institute a mandatory two smiley per post edict.

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Yes, but he only "got to know" a few people. With me, he introduced himself with a frankly immature post that stated that I was immature; No reasoning, explanation, or provocation. Then he rambled on for a rather senseless exchange until he was banned, and after that, he posted that weird article about INTJ's and how they supposedly are (in his head).

So he's nice when he feels like it, but when it serves his purposes, he acts like a jerk.

Dear "The Last Mohican",

In case you wondered, I'm your dreadest nightmare, under a different name. I am the one you refer as a jerk.

So, then...

1) There was absolutely no connection between my ban and our exchange. As a matter of fact, the moderators agreed with me on this point, so they didn't touch it.

2) It seems you have been deeply affected by our exchange. Weeks after that, you still complain about it everywhere, in many posts. You even created a thread on the INTJ-f just to explain how awful I was, but most of the the INTJs there (the real ones) realized how childish and ridiculous this was.

3) If you dare, show us a link so everybody could see our discussion and why you seem so angry against me. But don't be surprized if everybody laugh at you after having read it. :rofl1:

Motor Jax

MBTI Type
INFJ
i don't think the INTJ forum is that bad myself

one of my friends that i work with is an INTJ, and i find that the way he forms his ideas are the same ways that they have theirs

and me and him get along pretty well

TheLastMohican

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Dear "The Last Mohican",

In case you wondered, I'm your dreadest nightmare, under a different name. I am the one you refer as a jerk.

So you are who I thought you were. The ENTP part had me doubting for a while. Have you pretty much abandoned infpglobal?
Also, notice that I did not refer to you as a jerk. I said you acted like one. I do not know you well at all on a personal level.

1) There was absolutely no connection between my ban and our exchange. As a matter of fact, the moderators agreed with me on this point, so they didn't touch it.

I know that, and I didn't say that there was any connection. Apologies if it sounded that way (I guess it did).

2) It seems you have been deeply affected by our exchange. Weeks after that, you still complain about it everywhere, in many posts. You even created a thread on the INTJ-f just to explain how awful I was, but most of the the INTJs there (the real ones) realized how childish and ridiculous this was.

Out of more than 1,500 posts, I have mentioned you in fewer than 10 (probably about 5 or 6). And that was when you came up, like when your theories were posted. As I said before, I had mostly forgotten about you until your articles appeared, and then I my confusion about your ideas was renewed. Now that I read your thoughts about INTJ's, I am still trying to figure out what you are talking about and wondering how many people might have your impressions.

Your claim about my thread is obviously false. Here is the thread I started:
CardinalXiminez, ENFP - INTJ Forum

Anyone can see that it was concerning the reasons for your banishment. I thought it important to clarify, since your claims were potentially damaging to the reputation of the INTJ Forum. Notice that it had only one response (from the Administrator), and there were no INTJ's talking about how "childish and ridiculous" it was.

3) If you dare, show us a link so everybody could see our discussion and why you seem so angry against me. But don't be surprized if everybody laugh at you after having read it. :rofl1:

If I dare? It's not as if I have tried to hide it. Here is the link:
I.N.T.J & Emotional Intelligence Quota. - INTJ Forum

I still don't know why you thought I was lying about my experiment with the test. Would you mind explaining that?

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
If I dare? It's not as if I have tried to hide it. Here is the link:
I.N.T.J & Emotional Intelligence Quota. - INTJ Forum

I still don't know why you thought I was lying about my experiment with the test. Would you mind explaining that?

After rereading that, it sounds like both of you were acting like children.

I know I would be pouring gasoline onto the flames by saying that I blame the Y chromosome, so I won't.

Oops.

TheLastMohican

MBTI Type
ENTJ

I know I would be pouring gasoline onto the flames by saying that I blame the Y chromosome, so I won't.

Oops.

I have plenty of respect for your opinions, due to your consistently sensible nature. So please grant us some honest brutality here.
What was childish?

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I have plenty of respect for your opinions, due to your consistently sensible nature. So please grant us some honest brutality here.
What was childish?

It sounds to me like Ximinez (Blackmail!) said some things that, if not taken in good humor, could lead to some very inflammatory arguments. Your responses could easily be construed as defensive. The point is, both of you made a lot of assumptions on things that you both knew little or nothing about.

It looks to me like miscommunication at its finest, and neither of you would stop to untangle the threads.

I think a part of Ximinez's attitude didn't suit the INTJ forum. He didn't sound mature, but neither did you. You became awfully defensive when your logic was questioned, as I've noticed that you usually do.

From personal experience, I've managed to get mature, sensible answers out of both of you. Both of you just need to learn how to do that consistently...

TheLastMohican

MBTI Type
ENTJ
It sounds to me like Ximinez (Blackmail!) said some things that, if not taken in good humor, could lead to some very inflammatory arguments. Your responses could easily be construed as defensive. The point is, both of you made a lot of assumptions on things that you both knew little or nothing about.

Well, my responses were defensive. I was mainly offended that he accused me of lying. After that I didn't take anything in good humor, since I took his initial post as an antagonistic one.

It looks to me like miscommunication at its finest, and neither of you would stop to untangle the threads.

Probably true. Blackmail, were you actually joking all along?

I think a part of Ximinez's attitude didn't suit the INTJ forum. He didn't sound mature, but neither did you. You became awfully defensive when your logic was questioned, as I've noticed that you usually do.

Yes, I do get quite defensive when somebody questions my logic. In that case I do not see defensiveness as a bad thing, but maybe it is seen as always bad by some others. I closely defend the soundness of my logic, since that is what I base my thinking on, and if it is invalid, then most of my views are null and void.

I think I was being rather immature by responding in the first place. I considered Ximinez's post silly, so the only reason to counter it was pride.

Thus I am chastened. :sorry: Thanks for the input.

From personal experience, I've managed to get mature, sensible answers out of both of you. Both of you just need to learn how to do that consistently...

A question: Have I behaved inappropriately since then? That interaction was my first posting online, so I was very new to any kind of social customs on forums or blogs. But now, with a month and a half of experience, I might be improving. :D

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5

Oops.
Haha... :yes:

sriv

MBTI Type
JIxT
Hey chick. Why do you post if you are just going to laugh?

1) You boost male ego. It's high enough already, more is unnecessary.
2) I for one do not care about your emotional state of mind.
3) You are not contributing to the discussion or revealing new information.

Veneti

MBTI Type
XNTX
Hey chick. Why do you post if you are just going to laugh?

1) You boost male ego. It's high enough already, more is unnecessary.
2) I for one do not care about your emotional state of mind.
3) You are not contributing to the discussion or revealing new information.

Ha Ha... :yes: