• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Why is INTJforum So Boring?

elfinchilde

a white iris
MBTI Type
type
Yeah, me too. I have high Ne for an INTJ... (comes from living with an ENFP as a dad and my only iNtuitive source of stimulation until junior high). I still don't really understand Ti and I don't remember it standing out on the cp online test, but my Fe skills are pretty rad (these were (and still are), however, drilled into me by my ISFJ mom, as well as consciously developed once I was old enough to realize the value in non-mom-style Feing.

*gasp!* so the myths are true! There ARE intjs in existence that can be hugged! :D

:hug:

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm still a bit reserved about it. Only people I really like, as long as they seem willing...

Usehername

On a mission
lol elfie :D

My physical touching divides into three categories:
1. I find I reach out to touch (shoulder, arm, etc.) that percentage of the population that seems uncomfortable and desiring acknowledgement, etc. naturally because it's been so consciously ingrained into me since I decided that was something important.

2. I find 90% of the population I don't have any desire to touch (or be touched by).

3. I find I want to touch my closest friends with whom I have bared my soul because I trust and love them so much. This includes things like feeling mild angst when I haven't seen my close female friend for a while, and she's in the room but talking to someone else because they got to her first... I just want to drag her away and sit next to her and be a little cuddly and breathe her soul for a little while. Then I'll be "normal" again and not need it for a while.

Ezra

Luctor et emergo
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't feel a competitive atmosphere.

To be honest, compared to the16types.info, I feel no competitive atmosphere here. I couldn't even imagine being insulted here, because I'm so used to the flaming wars of the16types.info. It's a far more hostile board than any I've encountered or post on at the moment. This is why I like MBTIc; it's like a breath of fresh air to actually discuss a wide variety of topics with mature individuals. Although I don't post here as often as I do there, I like this atmosphere far more than I do that one. It's more relaxed and less hostile. Actually, this place is quite like EIDB, the board I've been on the longest.

INTJfourm is like being trapped in my own head, there's nothing new, nothing fresh, I might as well have a conversation with myself.

Any community that limits itself to one type of person will always either fall apart or stagnate. Human beings cannot not have diversity and progress.

basically all the intjforum people there are 5w types. e.g. ISTJs that have a bit of N and call themselves INTJs.

Would ISTJs really care that much about theoretical pursuits like INTJs do though?

I didn't consider anyone there as seriously smart... like I say, real INTJs are 1:1000 not 2.2%.
You've got to remember that individuals who feel like a rarity will often seek out these kinds of places, so that you will actually find boards populated by tons of NFs and NTs, even though they're collectively supposed to constitute 20% of the population or whatever. SJs and SPs aren't as interested in this kind of thing as NTs and NFs are.

Is your distant ancestory Norman by any chance?

Whose isn't? Most caucasians, especially those from Britain, and those who emmigrated to the US, will have Norman ancestry.

Usehername

On a mission
Would ISTJs really care that much about theoretical pursuits like INTJs do though?

But a lot of the posters aren't talking theory/ideas; I think some are self-identifying as one of the "misunderstood genius types" and use that as a way to gain self-respect because they don't fit in anywhere IRL. Some just talk facts back and forth (without taking the facts and imagining possibilities).

Gabe

MBTI Type
ENTP
Without any attempts to bash it, I've been trying to wrap my head around it. Why is INTJforum so boring? What MBTIological reason could there be to explain the phenomenon that occurs when you bring a bunch of Ni/Teers together?

One on one, I have found the few INTJ relationships I have had to be full of sparks (and then full of "forgetting to communicate" time, but, still, the INTJ-INTJ singular relationship is not boring).
Why is it boring when you bring a bunch of INTJs together?

Is it the moderation of the forum? The mod seems like a kind but incredibly closed-minded (and therefore forum-limiting?) person, from general observation and the few PMs I have exchanged with her. Is it a Cognitive Function reason?

Why? Why?

I can't figure it out. Someone please explain or throw out ideas.

Because they're a bunch of egotistical, escapist jerks. Yes, I just got banned from it.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I'm new from INTJf.

I haven't left entirely, though, but it was fun for a while and just got boring. :doh:

The total lack of Fe in the place didn't bother me at all... what bothers me is yes, the elitist mentality and also the absolute lack of anything new. I found myself mostly sorting out disputes rather than actually finding any decent information or discussion.

But yes, there was idealization of anything having to do with INTJ, and also so many people complained of how they had been wronged by the general populace -- that's what got me most. And they just wouldn't shut up about it, because apparently society has to bend over backwards for them just because they're INTJ.

I'm still there trying to sort out the filth from what's actually useful. I have gotten into some interesting discussion, but after a while, the novetly just wears off.

For some reason I ended up at INFPgc, but I couldn't stand the absolute disorganized nature of the place. Hopefully... here will be better.

Usehername

On a mission
I'm new from INTJf.

I haven't left entirely, though, but it was fun for a while and just got boring. :doh:

The total lack of Fe in the place didn't bother me at all... what bothers me is yes, the elitist mentality and also the absolute lack of anything new. I found myself mostly sorting out disputes rather than actually finding any decent information or discussion.

But yes, there was idealization of anything having to do with INTJ, and also so many people complained of how they had been wronged by the general populace -- that's what got me most. And they just wouldn't shut up about it, because apparently society has to bend over backwards for them just because they're INTJ.

I'm still there trying to sort out the filth from what's actually useful. I have gotten into some interesting discussion, but after a while, the novetly just wears off.

For some reason I ended up at INFPgc, but I couldn't stand the absolute disorganized nature of the place. Hopefully... here will be better.

Welcome, Haphazard! :hi:
I'm confident you'll enjoy it here; the admins/mods/members have created a great atmosphere for discussion.
Go make an intro thread: people here are friendly. :yes:

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
It's worth mentioning I was trying to get banned from that forum, actually had that goal in mind and was being as mean and rude as I possibly could, and the worst I ever got was an infraction. Then all these XNFPs would come over and easily do in a day what I couldn't accomplish with weeks of effort. :doh:

white

~dangerous curves ahead~
MBTI Type
ENTP
You just weren't fluffy enough. :D

(btw, before any ENFP jumps on me, that was strictly a joke to Kiddo)

bluebell

MBTI Type
INTP
It's worth mentioning I was trying to get banned from that forum, actually had that goal in mind and was being as mean and rude as I possibly could, and the worst I ever got was an infraction. Then all these XNFPs would come over and easily do in a day what I couldn't accomplish with weeks of effort. :doh:

I read the rules

there the other day (one of those horrified fascination moments).

As far as I could work out, the quickest and

easiest way to get banned would be to format your posts really badly. Something like

this, maybe?

elfinchilde

a white iris
MBTI Type
type
:rofl1: Kiddo!! go try bluebell's method!! :holy: Be as absolutely pink-feathered, neon lit as you possibly can! :static:

use the emoticon limit. that's always an idea. :yes:

let us know. :devil:

Octarine

The Eighth Colour
MBTI Type
Aeon
Enneagram
10w
Instinctual Variant
so
As with anything in life, there are both good and bad examples. IJF just happens to be the latter.

Anonymous

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
LOL, if you google "INTJforum", this thread is the fourth result.

Jae Rae

Free-Rangin' Librarian
MBTI Type
INFJ
Any community that limits itself to one type of person will always either fall apart or stagnate. Human beings cannot not have diversity and progress.

Margaret Mitchell, an SJ, knew that.

Jae Rae

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
You guys better hope that Jezebel doesn't find this thread.

Heads are going to roll!