• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Why is INTJforum So Boring?

Pride

MBTI Type
INTP
People "that prefer extremely dry, logically consistent, and serious undertones in virtually every discussion they participate in" are often STJs.

You're just an INTP outlier. An outsider among outsiders.

My exact statement, word-for-word was "There are some people in the world that prefer extremely dry, logically consistent, and serious undertones in virtually every discussion they participate in."

That did not necessitate I was one of those people.

In the real world, I have many types of discussions. Amongst friends - they are RARELY the "super-serious, logically perfect" types. In terms of online discussion? Why not, it is my preference. I am a member of a number of forums. Most of them have devolved into inane rhetoric, baseless bantering, ad hominems and personal attacks for virtually every discussion.

This very thread consists of the same straw-mans and ad hominems as a majority of other threads I have witnessed on the entirety of the fucking internet.

This is just a person experience; it is purely anecdotal in nature. In my case, it hurts my brain. It really, really, hurts my brain. It makes me feel like I'm growing more and more stupid, the more illogical and fallacious statements from other people I read.

The reason why I prefer the dry, overly-serious undertones of INTJf is because there are people there who will engage me, intellectually and on a consistent basis. Those who DO NOT follow logic, or provide sufficient and reasonable explanations and/or evidence for their arguments are called out on their bullshit and subsequently ignored and/or ridiculed.

If I say something retarded, I'm going to get called out for it. It keeps me on edge; it stimulates my brain.

In this regard I WILL ADMIT that INTPc does an even BETTER job. The serious posters there are even more logical & linguistically perfect. However, like I previously stated, I mostly dislike company of other INTPs (again, purely personal experience).

I am sick of forums with laissez-faire moderation and where one-liners and worthless responses such as "thank you for your input" are allowed to exist. I am NOT on INTJf to engage with emotional wretches or people who don't have thick skin.

It is a bit much for some people - true. If you don't like it, why waste your time on there? I suppose trolling does have its merits, however childish it may be.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My exact statement, word-for-word was "There are some people in the world that prefer extremely dry, logically consistent, and serious undertones in virtually every discussion they participate in."

That did not necessitate I was one of those people.

In the real world, I have many types of discussions. Amongst friends - they are RARELY the "super-serious, logically perfect" types. In terms of online discussion? Why not, it is my preference. I am a member of a number of forums. Most of them have devolved into inane rhetoric, baseless bantering, ad hominems and personal attacks for virtually every discussion.

This very thread consists of the same straw-mans and ad hominems as a majority of other threads I have witnessed on the entirety of the fucking internet.

This is just a person experience; it is purely anecdotal in nature. In my case, it hurts my brain. It really, really, hurts my brain. It makes me feel like I'm growing more and more stupid, the more illogical and fallacious statements from other people I read.

The reason why I prefer the dry, overly-serious undertones of INTJf is because there are people there who will engage me, intellectually and on a consistent basis. Those who DO NOT follow logic, or provide sufficient and reasonable explanations and/or evidence for their arguments are called out on their bullshit and subsequently ignored and/or ridiculed.

If I say something retarded, I'm going to get called out for it. It keeps me on edge; it stimulates my brain.

In this regard I WILL ADMIT that INTPc does an even BETTER job. The serious posters there are even more logical & linguistically perfect. However, like I previously stated, I mostly dislike company of other INTPs (again, purely personal experience).

I am sick of forums with laissez-faire moderation and where one-liners and worthless responses such as "thank you for your input" are allowed to exist. I am NOT on INTJf to engage with emotional wretches or people who don't have thick skin.

It is a bit much for some people - true. If you don't like it, why waste your time on there? I suppose trolling does have its merits, however childish it may be.

My opinion stands.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Opinions are like _______. Everyone has one. For the most part, they don't stand so much as hobble behind the walkers of their belief systems.

Another opinion!

Pride

MBTI Type
INTP
Nice trolls from this site infesting INTJf. Don't worry, they'll get banned soon enough.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm afraid they fall on basis of subjectivity of pride as a great negative inclination of the particular site in general. In cases such as members who bear themselves as one's who have just recently entered the forums, if they prove to show high intellectual capacity and greatly over-toned within the area of seriousness, the unfortunate case is that they may likely be banned far too soon. The interesting instance of the user who entered with fantastic precision and intellect in the few posts he brought about was immediately bombarded with replies of offense in the ways the regulars of INTJforum do such. I'd believe such was because of belief in the individual being a threat to pride. And so he was banned by the 15th post, all of which were texts of deep intellectual musings in utmost seriousness. Neither a counter-argument nor an indication of understanding but adherence to the mob mentality.
The strong clinging to pride within the forums makes it almost artificial in value of conversation as acceptance would be widely unused. Status would be a hidden requirement.

Edit: I had just noticed your username was 'pride'. Quite coincidental.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Nice trolls from this site infesting INTJf. Don't worry, they'll get banned soon enough.

Nope, I'm over 1000 posts. I will troll and troll hard!

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm afraid they fall on basis of subjectivity of pride as a great negative inclination of the particular site in general. In cases such as members who bear themselves as one's who have just recently entered the forums, if they prove to show high intellectual capacity and greatly over-toned within the area of seriousness, the unfortunate case is that they may likely be banned far too soon. The interesting instance of the user who entered with fantastic precision and intellect in the few posts he brought about was immediately bombarded with replies of offense in the ways the regulars of INTJforum do such. I'd believe such was because of belief in the individual being a threat to pride. And so he was banned by the 15th post, all of which were texts of deep intellectual musings in utmost seriousness. Neither a counter-argument nor an indication of understanding but adherence to the mob mentality.

Sigh, you got so glowy!
...I wish I had a boyfriend who would talk about me like that. :(

Anyhoo, I haven't had any issues whatsoever on INTJf, and I have over 150 posts. While the site definitely has a unique vibe to it, I don't perceive the mob as being so brutal and stupid enough to result in mods banning someone within 15 posts (15 posts?!) if they are actually intelligent, insightful, and responsible enough to perceive/meld into established forum culture rather than tracking the equivalent of mud and shit all over the furniture. That must be a record of some sort.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Anyhoo, I haven't had any issues whatsoever on INTJf, and I have over 150 posts. While the site definitely has a unique vibe to it, I don't perceive the mob as being so brutal and stupid enough to result in mods banning someone within 15 posts (15 posts?!) if they are actually intelligent, insightful, and responsible enough to perceive/meld into established forum culture rather than tracking the equivalent of mud and shit all over the furniture. That must be a record of some sort.
I do believe you bring about good tact within your posts to allow for both understanding of your thoughts as well as not seem like any particular threat towards anyone in general. It is doubtful you would have issues in such a sense. Also, considering quite a lot of the interactions there are a bit, 'tick and tock' nothing would necessarily seem to be any problem. Only when it comes to something that appears out of place I'd think.

Starting a new thread without that certain tact that tackle certain controversial topics will likely result in aggressive replies. I don't mean the people of INTJf are brutal or stupid but rather slightly scornful to people who might have a point to such topics but lack the tact to take a more submissive approach. The individual was simply stating observations in an analytical fashion and concluding based upon them. The method of style was highly frequent with his posts and many did not take a liking to it judging by the replies.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Starting a new thread without that certain tact that tackle certain controversial topics will likely result in aggressive replies. I don't mean the people of INTJf are brutal or stupid but rather slightly scornful to people who might have a point to such topics but lack the tact to take a more submissive approach. The individual was simply stating observations in an analytical fashion and concluding based upon them. The method of style was highly frequent with his posts and many did not take a liking to it judging by the replies.

Considering we're both likely thinking of the same person, and considering the same scenario has played out again and again and again on MANY different sites comprised of the entire range of MBTI types, with very similar outcomes.... I'm not sure why the assumption seems to be that some sort of "mob mentality" is responsible for the outcome rather than the one person who is the common denominator among all of these scenarios.

It's seemingly a conscious decision on the part of the common denominator to persist in a communication style that cannot and never has effectively conveyed all the wondrous insights. Since the only person gratified by the outcome on any level seems to be the person in question, it seems like the behavior has only ever been geared toward the benefit of the individual -- a benefit probably revolving around how one can then frame oneself against the prevailing cultures.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Considering we're both likely thinking of the same person, and considering the same scenario has played out again and again and again on MANY different sites comprised of the entire range of MBTI types, with very similar outcomes....

It's seemingly a conscious decision on the part of the common denominator to persist in a communication style that cannot and never has effectively conveyed all the wondrous insights. Since the only person gratified by the outcome on any level seems to be the person in question, it seems like the behavior has only ever been geared toward the benefit of the individual -- a benefit probably revolving around how one can then frame oneself against the prevailing cultures.

PinkElephant-thumb-350x377.jpg

Are we talking about InvisibleJim?

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Considering we're both likely thinking of the same person, and considering the same scenario has played out again and again and again on MANY different sites comprised of the entire range of MBTI types, with very similar outcomes.... I'm not sure why the assumption seems to be that some sort of "mob mentality" is responsible for the outcome rather than the one person who is the common denominator among all of these scenarios.

I believe it is highly unlikely we are thinking of the same person Jennifer. The person I'm speaking of would be a member of this as well as a few other typology websites, non of which he was banned from. He often speaks in a manner people would not often recognise. But mostly groups in which pride of intelligence is a game they play themselves with, would react negatively towards. Of which I'd believe would be because of a lack of understanding.

If we can imagine a user like SolitaryWalker entering with his thoughts about the folk typological methods being used often and explaining why it's not the most efficient method of typing it would be of a similar case.

scorpiomover

Without any attempts to bash it, I've been trying to wrap my head around it. Why is INTJforum so boring? What MBTIological reason could there be to explain the phenomenon that occurs when you bring a bunch of Ni/Teers together?

One on one, I have found the few INTJ relationships I have had to be full of sparks (and then full of "forgetting to communicate" time, but, still, the INTJ-INTJ singular relationship is not boring).
Why is it boring when you bring a bunch of INTJs together?

Is it the moderation of the forum? The mod seems like a kind but incredibly closed-minded (and therefore forum-limiting?) person, from general observation and the few PMs I have exchanged with her. Is it a Cognitive Function reason?
INTP here. Love it. Find it a lot more open-minded than some other sites, and equally open as the INTP sites.

As to why you find it so boring, may I suggest that it's because INTJs are IJ? I = Introvert, interested in self more than others. J = Judging, expresses oneself as being more interested in self's decisions more than others'. Combination leads to a very self-oriented system of interests and decisions. So the question is only about you, and the answer is only about you. How you get from your question to your answer, others can contribute. But the question is already fixed, and so is the conclusion. Start to feel like all you can contribute is the INTJ's rationalisations for his/her own argument.

It would also be nice if INTJs were aware of this, and did something about it. But IJ means that they are less likely to ask the questions that others ask about them, and less likely to come up with a conclusion that others would say. E.G.:

Person: INTJs are soooo boring.

INTJ: I don't find myself boring. I see no reason why I should be considered boring, and I talk about lots of things that I am interested in. Ergo, I am not boring and am very interesting. Care to tell me why I should conclude that I am interesting? No? Then you are deluded. Good-bye.
Just a sample. But you can see what I mean, about INTJs tending to not ask the question, and then to answer it with the answer that they like. Too inward-focussed. Not enough balance.