• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Why is INTJforum So Boring?

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
I was just banned for posting the in the support and feedback section of INTJ forum the following two messages on a thread entitled 'What is happened this forum?' where a poster asks why the general quality of posts has became very low in recent months:

InvisibleJim said:
Most decent threads require very little feedback because they are well constructed and concise, by contrast it is easy to give feedback to poor quality threads because there are so many items to comment upon. However, some of the logic behind the forum leaves a lot to be desired.

I have created three threads on this forum: a hello thread; a cognitive functions thread and a please undelete my thread thread.

I received upwards of 10 reps on my thread which was concise high quality feedback from individual knowledgeable members. By contrast the thread was deleted by a mod and then restored. The mod then preceded to spend about 10 posts complaining about the thread, effectively shutting it down to other members.

In addition many of the dross threads are moderators pulling a comment out of context to generate a new thread because it is 'off topic and worth discussing' as a great example see the thread '90% of everything done by white men' which was never intended to be a thread. This causes a proliferation in poor quality threads and posts.

Of course, this is likely because all of the moderators that perform these actions are not INTJ, on a forum explicitly labelled INTJforum and these actions do not gel well with the quality and content that the type demands.

As a forum which states it wishes to have a forum with a highly dominant INTJ userbase then it would be sensible to encourage decision making which generates the quality of forum that fits the archetype.

Otherwise it's a case of walk the walk, but don't talk the talk. If you do this the bullshit alarms trip and INTJs will walk the walk elsewhere

Thread deleted with the message:

stasis said:
This thread is not about you and your pet issue.

Therefore, I decided to confirm that such idiocy is only tolerated to a point regardless of consequence.

InvisibleJim said:
I made a post, on topic addressing the OP. Ironically the post was deleted by an administrator. This is the problem.

Banned with the message:

stasis said:
No time for this. But the internet is vast: frolic elsewhere and be free.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

And so... he did.

I lolled mightily, but was unsurprised ;)

I have never been impressed with either the quality of posts, discussion or indeed the ethics of the forum and I'm happy to be out of it.

In essence if you ever wish to create an INTJ forum my first recommendation is not to run it on STJ principles and allow at least a general level of discussion and debate on all topics otherwise your INTJs will smell it, protest at first and then leave, more often than not, with a bang.

This is evidenced from the condition of said forum with only a few '6,000posts+' INTJs of any quality who barely post maintaining any sort of continuous community.

I ask you, INTJ members of typologycentral, what maketh a good INTJ type specific board - to you.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I saw you got banned!

In my own complaint thread (after a post of mine was deleted for sarcasm) this exchange happened and has not been deleted yet:

[QUOTE="MacGuffin, post: 1635592, member: 12152"]Sarcastic references... oh god, why do I bother?

Just relabel the forum ISTJf.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE="peter, post: 1635863, member: 6276"]You may not relabel the forum ISTJf. This forum was created by INTJs primarily for the use of people identifying with that personality type. Relabeling it as ISTJf would therefore be innappropriate and misleading.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE="MacGuffin, post: 0"]Assuming this is irony... This is the best post I've read in days.[/QUOTE]

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
It's totally super. It's the first place I've ever been told that talking typology was not allowed... on a typology board.

My roflcopter was taking strafing runs at the place every few weeks for months, it was impossible to take such a place seriously.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I saw you got banned!

In my own complaint thread (after a post of mine was deleted for sarcasm) this exchange happened and has not been deleted yet:

It's totally super. It's the first place I've ever been told that talking typology was not allowed... on a typology board.

My roflcopter was taking strafing runs at the place every few weeks for months, it was impossible to take such a place seriously.

Who are these people? I want to go there!

I'd be banned within 30 seconds.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTJs are serious people, nothing humorous gets to them at all!

That's not true, real life INTJ's get subtleties in a lot of humor and are hilarious themselves! I don't know where all these fake INTJ's are coming from. Flat affects, inability to read between the lines, socially incompetent... That's something else completely. Mental illness does not equal INTJ!!

I guess you don't see these guys roaming about much in real life. Would have to go bust into their houses and find them in their dark rooms.

fragrance

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Why is INTJforum so boring?

I realized that recently. I think it's because there are hardly any other types present in that forum. Here, or at PersonalityCafe, you have the other types as well... makes things interesting. Imagine a room in reality filled with INTJs. I think that'd be boring as well... certainly more boring that one with FPs.

Also I think that in a lot of INTJ forums the INTJs there aren't really what you'd call interesting or successful INTJs. Some of them cling to their INTJ type as some form of ego boost.

Noon

MacGuffin said:
Sarcastic references... oh god, why do I bother?

Just relabel the forum ISTJf.

peter said:
You may not relabel the forum ISTJf. This forum was created by INTJs primarily for the use of people identifying with that personality type. Relabeling it as ISTJf would therefore be innappropriate and misleading.

I love this :laugh:

Thisica

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
5w4
How do you guys know that the INTJf is mostly run by ISTJs?

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx

The last time I was over there I think I only saw one moderator/administrator that was INTJ.... I've seen INTP, INFP, ENFP.... It's been awhile since I've been there though.

From what InvisibleJim said obviously things haven't changed...

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
The last time I was over there I think I only saw one moderator/administrator that was INTJ.... I've seen INTP, INFP, ENFP.... It's been awhile since I've been there though.

Perhaps it's a bit of a "When in rome.." mentality in that you have a bunch of other types trying to emulate the characteristics of the the archetypal INTJ profile, but with the end result being some overly exaggerated caricature of an INTJ.

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Part of the problem is that any real INTJ is too independent to donate his time to moderating a forum. Hence, ISTJs, INFJs, INTPs, etc. The real INTJs are over in the private part of the forum enjoying themselves.

Also, those INTJs who do decide to moderate will often be younger, and Te tends to override Ni when making moderation decisions, giving a more ISTJ-ish appearance, even if one is legitimately INTJ. Remember, our people skills suck.

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was just banned for posting the in the support and feedback section of INTJ forum the following two messages on a thread entitled 'What is happened this forum?' where a poster asks why the general quality of posts has became very low in recent months:

Therefore, I decided to confirm that such idiocy is only tolerated to a point regardless of consequence.

Banned with the message:

And so... he did.

I have never been impressed with either the quality of posts, discussion or indeed the ethics of the forum and I'm happy to be out of it.

In essence if you ever wish to create an INTJ forum my first recommendation is not to run it on STJ principles and allow at least a general level of discussion and debate on all topics otherwise your INTJs will smell it, protest at first and then leave, more often than not, with a bang.

This is evidenced from the condition of said forum with only a few '6,000posts+' INTJs of any quality who barely post maintaining any sort of continuous community.

I ask you, INTJ members of typologycentral, what maketh a good INTJ type specific board - to you.

That really seems out of the norm, actually. Normally, near anything is tolerated. See if you can get ahold of the site owner, jezebel.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That really seems out of the norm, actually. Normally, near anything is tolerated. See if you can get ahold of the site owner, jezebel.

THE Js HAVE COME TO A CONCLUSION

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ

I think some INTJs fail to recognize that there are strong similarities between the 2 types, some that won't be recognized based on words on a screen.

INTJs can also be very rigid and rules based. The sterotype lies with the ISTJs because of their reliance on Si, which can (but not always) be based on a 'traditional' approach. The ability of Ni does not preclude it from taking a traditional approach if it's deemed best fit for the situation. Both Si and Ni users can be 'tight' once they've determined their way to be the best. Not to be overlooked is Te's impact on the situation.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5

Banned with the message:

And so... he did.

Maybe I am quite lucky I have not been banned here then.. Because Wow!!! That's fucked up.
I think I owe the Mods here an apology :unsure:

I came into this thread to say if INTJ forum is boring, the logical explanation would be that INTJs are boring.
(But I discovered so much more.) And I am not sure I would agree with that straight line reasoning anyway. Some INTJs are not boring.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
*bullshit meter goes off*

Yeah, the phrase, "Nearly anything is tolerated" is, from the things I've heard others say, not one that I would naturally think to apply to INTJf. (I've been pretty careful when I post there, due to my natural P-ness.)

At least in terms of process and organization and where to say what.

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, the phrase, "Nearly anything is tolerated" is, from the things I've heard others say, not one that I would naturally think to apply to INTJf. (I've been pretty careful when I post there, due to my natural P-ness.)

At least in terms of process and organization and where to say what.

Put it this way: nearly any viewpoint is tolerated. Putting things in the wrong forum, anything which can be interpreted as trolling, etc. will not be tolerated. It's just a different set of standards then other forums have. Somebody said it's "ISTJ-like." It's just very much Te. Many other forums, such as this one, use more Fe-oriented rules, rather than the strict but fair, explicit rules of the INTJForum. I've never seen anything like what happened to InvisibleJim before. That's why I think if he complains about it to administration, which is normally very fair, he might get a resolution. A lot of the people who complain about the forum are people who were knowingly in violation of the rules, and expect to get out of it because they "didn't mean to cause any trouble." I think it's more a conflict of personality type and methodology, rather than any actual unfairness or bias on the part of forum management. (barring this one obvious exception)

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
Put it this way: nearly any viewpoint is tolerated. Putting things in the wrong forum, anything which can be interpreted as trolling, etc. will not be tolerated.
That seems more accurate. Although, I don't really believe that either.

Does't really matter though.