• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Why is INTJforum So Boring?

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Boring my be a bit of an exaggeration, but I definitely understand how someone could reach that conclusion. I generally lurk there more than I post, but there's lots of discussion topics and debates that I find intriguing. It really just caters to a different, less fluff tolerant audience, but at the same time I think it falls into the same problem of other single type oriented site where it basically becomes this odd contest of sorts between the membership of who can fit closer to the archetypal XXXX type. Sure it has its own brand of fluff, but even it appears overly structured and compartmentalized.

V

violaine

I like INTJf but being on a forum with your own type for long can be a yawn-fest, in reference to the OP. Everything is too predictable. I'm not drawn to INFJ forums for that reason, even though I really enjoy reading and interacting with the other INFJs here.

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's not boring. You just haven't spent enough time there. There's a lot wrong with the INTJforum, but boringness isn't part of it. It's great for being exposed to different ideas and debating people about those ideas.

If you want to say that people there are cold and self-centered, fine. That's true in many cases. That's why I belong to other forums as well. But boring? No way!

Perch420

MBTI Type
NiTi
Enneagram
5w1
The people who run the website seem to be incredibly incompetent. This is just one example, but there's a rule that people under the age of 18 aren't allowed to post, supposedly because some teenagers' parents sued some forum for some reason. It's an embarrassing excuse to make it seem like they're accomplishing something and like they're making order while in reality they're just inconveniencing a good portion of their own posters and wasting their own time. The whole forum is wrought with these things; threads being locked for the most minor infraction, people banned and warned for absurd reasons, etc. The mods are so ridiculously strict that it just becomes pretentious and cringe-inducing. I can just imagine every time they lock a thread they pat themselves on the back for being such good enforcers of the forum rules. It's nauseating. I don't even have an account, so this isn't some guy whining after being banned.

Perch420

MBTI Type
NiTi
Enneagram
5w1
Something else to note is all the completely unnecessary limits and restrictions when it comes to posting and even viewing. You have to have 2 posts to see images and links, 20 posts to view certain subforums, 30 posts to edit your avatar, 45 posts to do something else, etc etc etc. It's so ridiculous and, again, shows how painfully pretentious the owners are. As if these limits do ANYTHING to help facilitate intelligent discussion, as if they do anything AT ALL other than to waste both readers' and administrators' time.

Perch420

MBTI Type
NiTi
Enneagram
5w1
Look at this thread: http://intjforum.com/showthread.php?t=48252

A guy is wondering why his thread was deleted without explanation, without warning, and without any understandable reason. The moderators are condescending and childish, and in the end, don't even answer his fucking question. The thread gets restored but why it was deleted in the first place isn't explained. It's honestly the worst online message board I've ever come across.

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
*shrug* I didn't really think it was boring... I just got tired of being ignored. I felt like since I wasn't in the "in-crowd" and I wasn't an INTJ that anything I posted was overlooked. Granted that's not the only forum I've felt that way on...but it's the one that I noticed it happens the most often on. I finally just chose to stay away. Most of the people I liked there I kept in contact through IMs or found them on other forums. :smile:

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INTJf must not be boring at all!

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Not enough creativity and imagination, too much like a hospital, thesis, research paper, scientific. Which is fine however takes itself too seriously. It ain't boring its just structured and dry.

Perch420

MBTI Type
NiTi
Enneagram
5w1
Registration doesn't even work. It tells me I haven't accepted the rules and regulations, even though I did.

rav3n

INTJf must not be boring at all!
Hey, it's a good place for you to exercise those wedding and bar mitzvah skills!

Not enough creativity and imagination, too much like a hospital, thesis, research paper, scientific. Which is fine however takes itself too seriously. It ain't boring its just structured and dry.
It's true there aren't too many flights of fancy posts and threads. But there are some creative threads in that one can be creative through debate and perspective of fact or theory.

Perch420

MBTI Type
NiTi
Enneagram
5w1
In case any of their administrators reads this thread, the registration is broken. I put in my birth date, accept the rules, and fill out my username and e-mail but it gives me this message:

You have chosen not to accept the forum rules, so registration cannot continue.

Click here to return to the main forums page, or click the 'Back' button on your browser if you now want to agree with the forum rules.

Even though I did.

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
In case any of their administrators reads this thread, the registration is broken. I put in my birth date, accept the rules, and fill out my username and e-mail but it gives me this message:

You have chosen not to accept the forum rules, so registration cannot continue.

Click here to return to the main forums page, or click the 'Back' button on your browser if you now want to agree with the forum rules.

Even though I did.

Do you happen to be under 18? If you're under 18, you cannot be a member even if you accept the rules, because registering as under 18, you just violated one of the forum rules.

Perch420

MBTI Type
NiTi
Enneagram
5w1
No. I entered my birthday as being in 1970 so that's not the reason.

NickNaylor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
8/SX
My experiences there have been less than bountiful. The Gestapo administration (which ironically are not all INTJs) does an excellent job of suppression throwing their forum rule book at you whenever something is deemed untidy, improper (at their discretion), or off-topic. The organization-keeping is almost illogical in itself, because it deters people from posting anything but robotic, mundane replies that stretch to the far reaches of the galaxy which usually spill into my precious hours of sleep which I desperately need to catch up on. My dog has died of age by the time I finish reading something about an INTJ's experience tying his shoelaces.

Not to mention there are more pseudo intellects on that website than you'd like to think. I am not convinced that half of the website are even INTJs.

However, I'd like to note that there are considerably better logical responses on that website than here, if you're willing to buy another dog.