• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NTs, what's your stance on having children?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I am more concerned for my children having me

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
I want to have at least 3 children

I want 2 or 3 of them to be blonde

The reason for this is that animals absolutely love breeding

PS - Meet [MENTION=8543]Nerd Girl[/MENTION] and [MENTION=12679]allegorystory[/MENTION] :biggrin:

You rang? :D

I absolutely need to pass on my genes, it would be such a waste for of my humanity if it didn't happen.

That's how I feel about having children. It seems like such a shame for my life if I didn't.

Glad to see I'm not alone in this sentiment!

Lark

I want as many as possible.

That used to be me too, although at the moment I dont want any, I dont want a relationship at the minute either. I just feel free and I'm content with that.

It changes from time to time.

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I do not need to have children and there are far too many cons to procreating.

Xenon

(blankpages)
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
No kids, no plans to have them. I haven't definitely decided no, but some serious problems would have to be sorted out. I'd have to see myself as the type of person who would be a good parent, which means I'd have to be in good psychological health, have some strong social ties, confidence in my abilities, and feel a real sense of enthusiasm and purpose in being a parent. I would have to be started on a real career path and financially independent and stable, and I'd like to be in a long-term relationship with the right person. None of the above is true right now. If it doesn't all become true at some point while I'm still young enough to have kids, then it's best that I remain childless.

I don't think it's a tragedy either; both people with kids and voluntarily childless people say they're happy with their decision. People can be satisfied in a variety of circumstances.

shoshana

MBTI Type
eNTJ
Instinctual Variant
so
there have been a few times when i've thought about the long term implications of bringing children into a reality in which exponential population growth is the bane of the world's resources.

on the flipside i adore children and i might end up drawing cute punnett squares with someone someday-- guessing what phenotypes i might pass on. I may have a better answer for this in about 9 years. The only definite is that i'd only reproduce to replace myself and a potential partner.

Sinmara

Not Your Therapist
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd like to, but I don't think I can. It's just as well. I have some health problems and if I passed them on I'd feel crushing guilt.

uncommonentity

Maybe. I think there are far too many Adult-Children who need to be raised before I start my own army.

If I can get away with doing both at once I'll be a happy man.

Depends how selfish I feel on the day.

It'd feel wrong welcoming my child to a world full of spastics.

"Welcome to the world where there's barely any hope of a tomorrow!"

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Maybe. I think there are far too many Adult-Children who need to be raised before I start my own army.

If I can get away with doing both at once I'll be a happy man.

Depends how selfish I feel on the day.

It'd feel wrong welcoming my child to a world full of spastics.

"Welcome to the world where there's barely any hope of a tomorrow!"

The things you've said is a thing many people say regarding the ops question and I have thought about this some time ago and came to the conclusion that this PoV would always be under the premise that your child would think the same about the World like you do. What do you think, would it ?

uncommonentity

The things you've said is a thing many people say regarding the ops question and I have thought about this some time ago and came to the conclusion that this PoV would always be under the premise that your child would think the same about the World like you do. What do you think, would it ?

I'd hope that my child would have a straight forward and logical world view. I don't live in fantasy and I'd hope my child wouldn't. If they did then I'm sure they'd probably invest their time in recreational drugs and materialism. I'd hope my child would not turn out to be a blind consumer but an intelligent producer. I believe children to automatically pick up traits of their parents. I'm likely going to mate with another XNTJ so taking that into account I doubt I'm going to produce emotionally sensing spawn. I'd want my child to learn fact and make the most of them. An educated world is a better world. My comment was in regards to choosing to educate my own or others. As there's an uneducated surplus. To say a parent has no influence on how their child develops would spit in the face of parenthood and the living examples of it.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I'd hope that my child would have a straight forward and logical world view. I don't live in fantasy and I'd hope my child wouldn't. If they did then I'm sure they'd probably invest their time in recreational drugs and materialism. I'd hope my child would not turn out to be a blind consumer but an intelligent producer. I believe children to automatically pick up traits of their parents. I'm likely going to mate with another XNTJ so taking that into account I doubt I'm going to produce emotionally sensing spawn. I'd want my child to learn fact and make the most of them. An educated world is a better world. My comment was in regards to choosing to educate my own or others. As there's an uneducated surplus.

Ha, well I of course hope you get everything you wish for. But in german there is a saying that goes like: "that what people talk the most about, they desire (and lack) the most." of course that saying alone would question the whole mbti theory but to not go that far after reading your post I was wondering who is really the dreamer here :D.

uncommonentity

Ha, well I of course hope you get everything you wish for. But in german there is a saying that goes like: "that what people talk the most about, they desire (and lack) the most." of course that saying alone would question the whole mbti theory but to not go that far after reading your post I was wondering who is really the dreamer here :D.

Fully understood. I liked your question.

The way I'd put it would go a little like "If things can happen by accident they can also be created on purpose."

five

MBTI Type
ZZZZ
Enneagram
5w6
Impartial view
Having children is desire bedded within our evolutionary code. It varies in strength between type. Eg SF's are more likely to want children than NT's.

• Children take up time an resources
  • Children inccur massive opportunity cost
Therefore the most rational decision would be to not have children if your goal are routed in completing objectives. If your goals are emotional needs then that is another matter.

Personal view:
Children for me are a waste of time. I will never have a child, and will do everything to communicate that to others and follow through with that until I die. (which I plan to delay as long as possible through investing in biotech and life extension).

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Hahaha, oh god.. I just discovered the full potential of that catbert avatar for me :D