• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NTs, what's your stance on having children?

StrawMan

MBTI Type
ENTP
If I don't fill the world with my children, then the other people will fill it with their own. It's war.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Never really wanted kids, though kids seem to be drawn to me. I'm also pretty selfish with my time, and can't imagine giving up all my interests and leisure time to focus entirely on a child.

omglookitsagoat

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I might consider adopting one or two, but I think it would be a very huge hassle to give birth to one myself. It's unlikely I'd be able to anyway, since it's unlikely I'll get married. I might possibly consider it when I'm done with college.

buckeyes

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8W7
Not really. But I imagine I'd mirror Perry Cox on parenting.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why do people want to bring children into this terrible world?

fripping

MBTI Type
nerd
i wouldn't mind having them but i want somebody else to raise them and bring them for a visit when they're 18.

MoneyTick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
No kids for me, unless I win the lottery and I can afford some sort of maid to raise them.

mujigay

Intergalactic Badass
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I don't see why I should waste my time and get stretch marks over one.

Everyone knows that they hate you for all the years you have to live with them anyway.

Xyk

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
You've yet to see the cages and the automated scriptures.

I was raised by an ISFJ. I know how to instill the required amount of fear.

You were raised by an ISFJ and became an INTJ. But your spawn will definitely not be an SF because children imitate their parents. Read that again.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I like having them outside.

Me too. Let the little brat run around with his Little Rascals pals and not come back til dinnertime.

This whole thing of constantly watching the kid so a child molester won't get them seems like a total drag and part of the reason I have yet to get caught up in the "parent trap".

I most likely will relent and have at least one but I dread the thought of Child Protective Services contacting me because the kid choses to engage in a unmonitored unorganized activity like 'following your nose'.

Nicodemus

Easily prevented, though:

276851_222332154475293_5836380_n.jpg

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't like other peoples kids all that much. Although kids seem to like me for some weird reason. Maybe kids just like everyone?

Having kids myself? If the situation calls for it I'm open for it, I probably don't mind raising a few myself. But I won't be unhappy if I never have kids.

Undeclared

MBTI Type
INTp
The only reason I would have a kid would be simply to observe the potential in the child. I would watch them grow into huge ginormous monsters that blow me out of the water--but it probably wouldn't work out that way because our personalities clash or something like that. I'd be way too harsh with standards that my kid should live up to. Or at least I fear that might happen so I don't want to have kids at all. xD

Basically...part of me does want to have a kid and part of me doesn't. Is it a vicious circle like this for all other NT people or is it just me..? ⊙.◎

DonCoryon

MBTI Type
INTP
Some of us like to make their own friends with technology, but I like making my own friends the old school way.

Tiger Owl

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have two and hope I will get around to having some more (by having I mean contributing DNA and heavy breathing - my wife does all the hard work until after they are born.) I would not change being a parent for anything. Though the time constraints can be tough and being a parent makes being a student much harder.