• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NTs, what's your stance on having children?

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i think i'ld be a pretty good dad... i don't have a huge preference on having (or avoiding having) children... if i am comfortable with the idea of someone as the mother and they are ready *shrugs* why not?

i have a lot of hang ups concerning bringing new people into the world, but i guess i could overlook them for up to three kids...

i don't really have a detailed list of reasons for any of it... next year i could feel entirely the same and reach a different conclusion, but this one has been relatively consistent for a few years...

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
I personally find the idea abhorrant, for SO many reasons.
I am disgusted by the fact that I am even able to have children. It feels like a personal offense or a violation of my very being. and I hate, bate, hate that is not something I can just ignore and pretend isn’t a possibility.

As for other people, I loath “ breeders” ( people with more than 2 children) one is good, 2 is ...fine, I guess, but more, is not acceptable in today’s already grossly over-crowded world of materiallism mism, gross consunption and wastefullness.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I never had a strong desire to have children; thus it wasn't a motivator for me in terms of what I was seeking out in a partner, and having a family wasn't part of my life goals/ drivers. However, I admit in my mid 30's I began feeling anxiety around the fact that I was aging and if I wanted children, the window was shrinking fast. I guess it was the loss/'death' of the option and the 'life path' of having a family that saddened me, as I think it would have yielded many positives and I would have probably made a good parent and ultimately found it rewarding and meaningful, even if it didn't end up happening / was never something I was driven to have, per se.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There is always adoption, for people who cannot or prefer not to have biological children.

Wunjo

Maverick thinker.
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I would gladly have one, but the mother of the child is equally important.

cacaia

MBTI Type
NF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Interesting topic. I noticed it and read through it because I was curious- My husband is an INTP, and he was ready for kids before I was. I was of the sentiment that the world is too ugly and overcrowded. I was never going to have kids. He was sooooo ready.
What changed my mind was a group of kindergarteners I taught over a summer. I realized their minds were so open to new things, so free...I decided to have kids then, because it's cheaper than adoption. theoretically, I would love to adopt, though. But I think my INTP husband would not be as bought on the idea.

Hermit of the Forest

Greetings humans • Hunting
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
It’s an interesting possibility. I’d like to be at a more stable point in my life first, and finding a good father is extremely important. If I did have kids at some point I’d want at least three. I grew up with just one other sibling around and it was boring. I always wished I was part of a big family.

Neal Caffreynated

Artist/Playboy/Traveller
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
If I have to answer this question right now I'd say no because I don't want to settle down, get married or have responsibilities (I'm only 23 lol)

But idk maybe I'll change my mind when I'll get older

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
When I was a teen, I used to hate kids and used to tell people I was NEVER having kids. I learned to hate kids from my mother.
Then I fell in love, got married and read a book by a woman who had 12 kids. She made it sound so nice, I began being open to the idea of having kids.
Eventually, I had 3 kids and spaced them 3-4 years apart because I prefer focusing on one project at a time.
I was a stay-at-home mom until the youngest was in high school. I devoted my whole life to being a good mom.
My kids are all functioning members of society and I'm glad I had them.
They made my life worth living.

Madboot

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Speaking only for myself, I am a one and done parent. I truly enjoy being a father but, as I'm sure any parent would agree, it isn't an easy road to walk. Watching him grow up is a true joy though. Poor little guy has lost three of his teeth in the last two weeks though. He looks like a little prize fighter.