• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] What are you general thoughts on ENFPs romantically?

purpleloosestrife

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I'm attracted to an NT rational type. His MBTI is ENTJ.
For ENTJs, what do you think of female ENFPs as serious romantic relationships? What do you find attractive about an ENFP and what do you find unattractive?

Also, do you eventually become a little more emotionally open with your partner? How do you express affection and how do you react to expressions of affection like "I like you" or when someone attempts to have a talk about where the relationship is headed?

Thanks!

T

ThatGirl

I dated what I believed was a male XNFP.

The most notable differences were in his being much more sensitive, and Fi dom. I was majoring in science at the time, he thought dissecting animals was wrong. Not being grounded enough (too flighty with his N), indecisive about himself, his future. Kind of needy, ebbing between grasping out, and going off on his own. Unstable, yet confident on his own turf. Very talented and fun.

We ended up having a nice sexual relationship for a while, but not ever seriously dating at all. Always felt...off.

Rokh

MBTI Type
INTj
Hey purple. It's not about having this MBTI label. It's about attraction for one reason or the other.I'm an INTJ and won't let anyone in. Not for real that is. But for the right person I will. I suppose it's the same for ENTJ's to anser your question. It's not about the label. It's about balancing out - you can do that together. Depends on strength, trust and motivation I guess.

rav3n

As an eNTJ female, I wouldn't date a male ENFP. He'd be butt-hurt all the time and I'd kill him for trying to emotionally manipulate me.

Mole

Permabanned
Extroverts are very exciting at first, but the excitement is all on the surface and the depths remain untouched.

Rokh

MBTI Type
INTj
Interesting Victor. Could it be that there are different types of depth? Maybe I should start a thread about this.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Passionate but flighty.

From what I've observed it seems to be quite common for them to declare you're the love of their life, then when it doesn't work out (or when you die...) to say that it is 1000% impossible for them to ever love again - then for them to move on to the next love of their life within a few months. I find the thought of that kind of disturbing.

But I would like to think a "healthy" ENFP would be less like that. I think the ones I've observed have had a general lack of stability and other issues in their lives which are not specifically type related.

EDIT: oops, sorry, just noticed this was really an ENTJ question. My two cents anyway. ;)

Mole

Permabanned
From the quotidian to the wordless deep

Interesting Victor. Could it be that there are different types of depth? Maybe I should start a thread about this.

Sure, there is the quotidian surface, then as we go deeper we meet the imagination, and as we go deeper we become aware of our self talk, and as we go deeper still the self talk stops and there we are, wordless.

If we do this too fast we are inclined to panic and start talking once again to take us back to familar territory.

Also when we enter the world of the imagination, it seems and is wonderful and seems to stretch on forever, and perhaps the best way to move deeper than our imagination is to exhaust it.

And as we go down so we come up. So we can practise. We can start off on familar territory and move deeper into the unfamilar, until it also become part of our family so to speak and become familar.

And the most challenging part I find is to take my wordless state our into the world.

In Xanadu did Kubla Khan
A stately pleasure-dome decree:
Where Alph, the sacred river, ran
Through caverns measureless to man
Down to a sunless sea.

So twice five miles of fertile ground
With walls and towers were girdled round:
And there were gardens bright with sinuous rills,
Where blossomed many an incense-bearing tree;
And here were forests ancient as the hills,
Enfolding sunny spots of greenery.

But oh! that deep romantic chasm which slanted
Down the green hill athwart a cedarn cover!
A savage place! as holy and enchanted
As e'er beneath a waning moon was haunted
By woman wailing for her demon-lover!
And from this chasm, with ceaseless turmoil seething,
As if this earth in fast thick pants were breathing,
A mighty fountain momently was forced:
Amid whose swift half-intermitted burst
Huge fragments vaulted like rebounding hail,
Or chaffy grain beneath the thresher's flail:
And 'mid these dancing rocks at once and ever
It flung up momently the sacred river.
Five miles meandering with a mazy motion
Through wood and dale the sacred river ran,
Then reached the caverns measureless to man,
And sank in tumult to a lifeless ocean:
And 'mid this tumult Kubla heard from far
Ancestral voices prophesying war!

The shadow of the dome of pleasure
Floated midway on the waves;
Where was heard the mingled measure
From the fountain and the caves.
It was a miracle of rare device,
A sunny pleasure-dome with caves of ice!

A damsel with a dulcimer
In a vision once I saw:
It was an Abyssinian maid,
And on her dulcimer she played,
Singing of Mount Abora.
Could I revive within me
Her symphony and song,
To such a deep delight 'twould win me
That with music loud and long
I would build that dome in air,
That sunny dome! those caves of ice!
And all who heard should see them there,
And all should cry, Beware! Beware!
His flashing eyes, his floating hair!
Weave a circle round him thrice,
And close your eyes with holy dread,
For he on honey-dew hath fed
And drunk the milk of Paradise.

Quay

Peaced
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Fi. *ROARS*

*HIDES*

Rokh

MBTI Type
INTj
I'm not sure if I understand Victor. I need to think. Will take a bit. Maybe you could help out a bit. I'm not even sure what to ask.

Mole

Permabanned
I'm not sure if I understand Victor. I need to think. Will take a bit. Maybe you could help out a bit. I'm not even sure what to ask.

Rather than ask, assert. Assert yourself. Say the first word that comes to your mind, and the first will remind you of the second. Then the first and second will converse. And before long we will be saying, we are not sure we understand Rokh, we need to think, will take a bit. And together we will float down the river Alph to the global village.