• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] INTP's in relationship questions...

jimrckhnd

MBTI Type
INTP
Oh I wasn't implying that approach is a silver bullet: not at all!

It just reduces the chances of over analysis. This is not to say an INTP won't go screaming from the room. On the other hand, in some circumstances, it can create the "doh" moment where the INTP comes to grips with their own feelings. This is particularly true when its what they want to hear.

jimrckhnd

MBTI Type
INTP
Lol! I seem to fair better with the INTJ version. I always see through their cute little plots and schemes. Then I bake them cookies. No one can resist cookies!

You, however, definitely have the INTP species pinned down in a neat little scientific box... they just don't know it yet. ;)

Well scientific... I would accept nothing else! :D

Neat...? Probably not. ;)

A

Anew Leaf

Oh I wasn't implying that approach is a silver bullet: not at all!

It just reduces the chances of over analysis. This is not to say an INTP won't go screaming from the room. On the other hand, in some circumstances, it can create the "doh" moment where the INTP comes to grips with their own feelings. This is particularly true when its what they want to hear.

So what I hear you saying is that INTPs just simply don't know what they want even when they state what they want. ;)

INTPs = Needing to be more specific in the right areas, instead of being specific in all areas. :D

P.S. I was hoping you shared the same sediment as I shared with you. :cry:

rav3n

My life explained in one sentence. :shock:
You people are infuriating! Unfortunately, you're also my favourite flavour which doesn't say much for me! But then I can't claim an ounce of sanity when it comes to emotions.

jimrckhnd

MBTI Type
INTP
P.S. I was hoping you shared the same sediment as I shared with you. :cry:

The classic INTP emotional blunder... it goes without saying so I didn't say it. :doh:

Of course I love you and geology!!

jimrckhnd

MBTI Type
INTP
You people are infuriating!

I often have that affect on people - especially women.

"But then I can't claim an ounce of sanity when it comes to emotions"

I feel your pain. I really do.

A

Anew Leaf

The classic INTP emotional blunder... it goes without saying so I didn't say it. :doh:

Of course I love you and geology!!

Let the fossil record show that this alleged INTP who works as a Geologist... did not notice the pun.

I rest my case.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Let the fossil record show that this alleged INTP who works as a Geologist... did not notice the pun.

I noticed that sediment and I'll raise you a conglomerate.

*bangs gravel*

Sold!
To the woman with rocks in her head!

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
INTPs keep their thoughts/feelings close to the vest if they believe they cannot be understood within a similar context that they themselves understand them, because INTPs hate being misinterpreted or misrepresented. If they think what's in their minds won't be understood on a level they can irrationally control to some degree, they won't say anything at all.

Oddly this aloofness helps contribute to misunderstanding and INTPs have a hard time seeing how their behavior is influencing others around them to dig for more with less, so it's a bit of a vicious cycle that needs to be disrupted by direct communication and understanding.

The Motie says it well!

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
This is so true. I hate being asked how I feel about stuff, because I almost never know while it's happening. And if I tried to say I how I was feeling, it would have 15 qualifiers, and then I'd be mad at myself later because there's some angle I forgot to consider.

Oh jeez... yes. Sometimes it takes me weeks to figure out how I feel. If you force me to give an answer on the spot I have to consider all the angles and possibilities and add in a bunch of caveats.

:yim_rolling_on_the_

:solidarity::solidarity::solidarity:

N

NPcomplete

To all you Ps, I give you this:

:angry:

:dalek:

I was only joking. Please don't hurt me nice ENTJ lady. :smile:

Try-low-bite me!

Not sure if I should say "Oh snap!", "Burn!" or "ooh bunneh'd!" :p

-----

In case of doubt, it's better to just ask the person. Directness and honesty are most appreciated. At times, there are so many ways in which one can interpret someone's behaviour that one may feel overwhelmed and decide to put the matter aside until more data is acquired (or maybe it's just me).

Well hmm I hope everything works out fine for you. :)

Edit/PS: He sounds a bit cold. Is that how INTPs are? The ones I know are cuddly adorable not that cold but maybe because I'm friends with them. Or maybe I'm friends with them because they are not that cold. Gaah!