• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Whats up with feelings?

Rex

MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Regarding feelings i find it odd that feelings go kinda away when im tired. So much harder to trace a feeling in me.

I mean.. shouln`t i go to the other functions when im tired?

Or is it purely in stressed situasjons?

I mean.. if i watch a movie when im tired its less likely i get affected emotionally.

wolfy

awsm
You're paying less attention when you're tired. It's an attention thing.

MiriMiriAru

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
I generally experience the opposite, that I am far more easily emotionally effected when I am tired. But this might be because until recently I have generally suppressed feelings, and when I'm tired it becomes difficult to maintain this suppression.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't know, I'm more extreme in my emotions (be it sadness or aggressiveness) when I'm tired. That's why they say you should get a good night's sleep when you're down...

N

NPcomplete

When I'm really tired and/or stressed, I don't care about anyone's feelings (and I usually shut down mine). I just want to get everything done.

It's usually when I'm not tired and not stressed that I am slightly more considerate of people's feelings.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Regarding feelings i find it odd that feelings go kinda away when im tired. So much harder to trace a feeling in me.

I mean.. if i watch a movie when im tired its less likely i get affected emotionally.

If I'm tired, not much is going to work me up far as emotions are concerned, good, bad or otherwise. Speaking of which, I missed my nap today, which is probably why I'm rather...eh about baseball tonight.

mujigay

Intergalactic Badass
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
It takes a lot of effort to stew in misery.

If you're tired, it's a lot harder to run around feeling perpetually angry and misunderstood.

Pride

MBTI Type
INTP
Interesting. I, too, seem to feel considerably less depending on my level of tiredness.

wolfy

awsm
Tiredness really only affects my attention. Hunger can affect my feelings, I'll get angry at the drop of a hat.

Lord Guess

MBTI Type
ENTP

No, you're just not paying attention. I'm so tired right now, I'm not even entirely sure I know what I'm typing. :laugh:

Rex

MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sorry for not being more active..

We need to divide things into:
Stressed
Low on energy
Tired

When im only sleepy i am very cool and calm. but if you add low on energy i become easily more emotional. But mostly in a negative way. angry and so on. Stiff face.

Stressed with aboundance of energy: i guess i move fast and talk out loud alot. less emotional. stiff face.

Stressed with no energy. easily depressed i guess. stiff face. messes with peoples head, kinda aggresive. Lissens to music with not so positive text. .Black sabbath - Paranoid etc.
Locked down ->http://open.spotify.com/track/0W8j4KdzpejVLHX6sxEWy2