• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Whats the deal with NTP's and conspiracy theories

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
Then again, paranoid conspiracy theories aren't *always* wrong....:unsure:

Conspiracies and evil do exist. ;) The reason sociopaths get away with a lot of crap is because no one believes anyone would do those things.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Don't you guys start lumping too much information together here about NTP's.

After all, type C is just Haight and other's way of gathering all our information, taking down-and-outs to come here for therapy to slowly start to incorporate beliefs about type and how to act. He's trying to create a perfect person called a "Unitype" that will do exactly as the Unitype descriptions would suggest and bow to his will so he can create an army that will take over the world, and maybe the universe someday. :thelook:
I never trusted whatever went on in that modbox anyway.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Cern is designed by aliens from another dimension to open a hole in our dimension in order for more alins to come here and feed on people.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ne produces possibilities.

Ti is not grounded in reality.

= Conspiracy.

Not necessarily.... it's not in the Ne style to focus on one possible explanation for long enough to be like "this is all coming together so perfectly that this must be the way it went down" And sure, Ti can help with that part, but it also has those high standards for consistency, so if one itty bitty thing turns up that won't fit into the model, well there's goes that theory :tongue:

I casually play around with "what if this is a conspiracy?" at times but I haven't digged much into those well-known srs bzns theories. Sometimes they are interesting but they're often too flavored with paranoia and pessimism.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
For me, conspiracy theories start with Ne, looking at all possibilities n a situation. If it's a really negative situation, I then lock onto one possible pattern, usually in an attempt to place blame, in which Ne degrades into Senex Ni.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Conspiracy is just a one theory amongst others, usually made up by someone living in his own world and trying to explain something bad. so usually they arent too good of an theories due to personal biases of people trying to come up with them and explaining them.

antireconciler

it's a nuclear device
MBTI Type
Intj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so
I liked the Scientific American article. I think people get a sense of control from buying into conspiracy theories and such. Somehow you can protect yourself from bad things, and blunt their emotional impact on you, if you "know" about them before hand. It's like people being certain a team they like is going to lose in the playoffs. I like too how they always seem to lay the burden of proof on you too, like it's your job to prove something wasn't a conspiracy.

Personally I don't react that well to it. My uncle insists all sorts of things are "scams" and it's really hard to ignore it or engage it or anything except just leaving to get away from so much depressing mischief. He's INT-something.

N

NPcomplete

I like coming up with potential conspiracies with my dad (a fellow INTP). It's fun and tickles the brain. But that's as far as my involvement in conspiracy theories goes. :whistling:

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Only those simpleminded among you would fail to perceive the truth that the shape-shifting reptilians of the Mormon Brotherhood are slowly taking over this country. This is a good source of amusement for those of you who like to read and laugh at crazy bullshit.

BTW, conspiracy thinking is probably not type related.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I thought INJs were paranoid.

INTJ conspiracy theorist checking in, although I did score quite high in Ti development the last I tested. Maybe I'm so introverted my functions are NiTiFiSi :p

Wouldn't Ti open the door for a conspiracy theory, though? It seems like Ti would find a flaw in the official story (and IMHO you don't have to try very hard to find them in the 9/11 events) and then Ne would take it and runnnnnn.