• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Are NT Rationale threads inherently boring to NFs?

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
There have been a few times I accidentally stumble into the NF forum. That place is frightening.

It can be. I read some of the threads about feeling pain when watching suffering on tv or why do people stomp all over my heart when I'm only trying to be a good friend! I'm all about loyalty, why are you looking at me like I'm crazy?? Why don't they see I'm there for them, I care, why why why??!! that's a little scary.

Back to the question...NT threads boring. I agree with that at times.

R

Riva

Just a thought,

NT sub forum would have a majority of threads of NTs explaining their opinions and life situations.

Their opinions would sound logical and when NTs explain about life situations they would stick to the facts rather than what their peers are thinking or feeling.

So it would naturally sound boring to a NF or maybe to everyone.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
First of all, some of the topics require a lot of leg work and reading things that I find to be dry instead of enjoyable. Second of all, some Ti people get way too caught up in specifics for me- one of my flaws is that I'd rather think about things without correction- it just annoys the living daylights out of me when people get too nitpicky to the point where it appears that the conversation is moving extremely slow or sometimes going backwards- it impedes my thinking to keep overanalyzing and correcting every point, it feels like we're being too politically correct having to analyze and recorrect up and down through every point before we move on.

I can't say much for the Ni people- they are really interesting to me most of the time, but it's hard to figure out what to add- or, I'm not fully sure what they're saying, and don't want to add too much for fear that I'm not following exactly, or that I may be following loosely but again but don't want to start a conflict of misunderstanding.

Of course, it depends on the thread itself and some of the posters involved. NF threads can be a bit wonky at times, high in fluff factor and weirdness, but seem easier to break into without worrying about what it is that I'm going to say.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Both NF and NT threads can be entertaining, reliant on mood. If I'm looking for angst and drama, I read the NF threads. If I'm looking for wit and logic, I read the NT threads!

Do you see what I did thar?
:devil:

No! I can't see what you did through my tears!!! :cry:

There have been a few times I accidentally stumble into the NF forum. That place is frightening.

It can be. I read some of the threads about feeling pain when watching suffering on tv or why do people stomp all over my heart when I'm only trying to be a good friend! I'm all about loyalty, why are you looking at me like I'm crazy?? Why don't they see I'm there for them, I care, why why why??!! that's a little scary.

See what I mean???! You guys are always looking down on us and making a victim out of us!!!!!!!!!
(Runs out of thread with hands in the air)

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
with nf threads you always have to be under the first three to answer cause after that they reach booklength. it happens occasionally that i think a nf thread is intresting. i dont like drama threads or those talking about very intimate stuff, those topics have no place for me in the public

Permabanned
OK, my intuitive NT cousins:

In real life, I have so many NT friends. I adore you all and find our conversations very interesting. NFs and NTs do have a lot in common since we're iNtuitives. Both temperaments speak in N language. It means we have similar communication styles and similar ways of seeing the world.

But I've found that the NT threads on this forum are stupendously boring for me to read. I don't get it. Do you find the NF Idyllic threads equally as boring?

Any thoughts on why this might be? (And be nice when you answer this.)

:popc1:

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Is_boredom_an_emotion_or_a_state_of_mind

Psychological understandings of boredom can differ greatly from mainstream interpretations. From a Psychological perspective boredom is not a lack of things to do but a lack of engaging things to do. It is also the lack of interest in and difficulty concentrating on the current activity.
Boredom may occur if we are prevented from participating in an activity, when we are forced to participate in an activity, or simply when we are unable to maintain engagement in a particular activity or situation.

Boredom can be circumvented by immersing ourselves in a new situation which requires our focus and attention or by participating in activities which involve our own personal interests.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Is_boredom_an_emotion_or_a_state_of_mind#ixzz1YPNYVnFr

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
See what I mean???! You guys are always looking down on us and making a victim out of us!!!!!!!!!

No, don't leave shortnsweet! You're the only other NF on this thread. We've gotta stick together!

:boohoo:

^^^^
Note NF emotional emoticon above. Ha ha!

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No, don't leave shortnsweet! You're the only other NF on this thread. We've gotta stick together!

(comes back and stands right next to E.W. with my defending words ready.) Is this the type of thing that NT's like to hear? "Defending words" and NF camaraderie?

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
:hug:

^^^^^
I'm just gonna emoticon you NTs to death on this thread.

rav3n

No! I can't see what you did through my tears!!! :cry:

There, there, darling. Dry your tears. Here's a cross to bear and when you're done carrying it around, don't forget to nail yourself onto it.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There, there, darling. Dry your tears. Here's a cross to bear and when you're done carrying it around, don't forget to nail yourself onto it.

(Wipes eyes.) I'm not just an NF, I'm a healer and a sensitive soul who doesn't belong in this world. :( Once I'm done nailing myself to this beautiful, bloody, and meaning-rift cross I'm going to start to live up to my soul's massive potential and purpose! All while carrying the cross around as a reminder of Jenaphor's great ENTJ mercy! :worthy:

I really don't know why you guys wouldn't want to come hang out with us Idealists more often. We mix beautifully!

T

ThatGirl

Lol, I don't mind threads about emotions, as a matter of fact I am pretty fascinated by them. Its the way they are discussed in the NF forum that seems to be the scary part. Instant polarizing, good guy bad guy, everyone pushes their F, then gets offended by everyone else's F, a lot of personally relating, then group hugs and knitting circles.

Its very bizarre.

Octarine

The Eighth Colour
MBTI Type
Aeon
Enneagram
10w
Instinctual Variant
so
But I've found that the NT threads on this forum are stupendously boring for me to read. I don't get it. Do you find the NF Idyllic threads equally as boring?

Uh, I admit I don't read NF Idyllic threads that much (read into that what you wish).

I agree with mujigay in that it is still a difference in communication styles. When people are speaking IRL they can quickly mould their communication style to suit the other parties. But if you are a bystander in a thread filled with NTs, then there is going to be a divergence in communication style.

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Lol, I don't mind threads about emotions, as a matter of fact I am pretty fascinated by them. Its the way they are discussed in the NF forum that seems to be the scary part. Instant polarizing, good guy bad guy, everyone pushes their F, then gets offended by everyone else's F, a lot of personally relating, then group hugs and knitting circles.

Its very bizarre.

Knitting, I am told, can soothe the soul.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
I quite enjoy the threads here, then again I might not be representative of other NF's. The only thing that bothers me is that sometimes you guys use way too much machinery to convey a relatively simple point. I enjoy the discussions and debates here content-wise, but a lot of the posts also go under the tl;dr title for me.