• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other] The Moral Dilemmas of ThatGirl

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
If I was planning on eating more of the bread, I'd close it. If the person didn't regularly go around leaving stuff open to spoil, I would close it for them. If they were the type that always left crap out, I wouldn't go around picking up after them. I'd buy my own bread and tell them not to use it unless they figured out how to close the bag. It's not that hard.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Now why would they want to leave the bread open. I usually twist it and tuck it underneath itself (I don't want to spend 2 hours hunting around for a clip/rubber band).

I'd be pissed about you eating my bread though. Since I buy food strictly on an as-needed basis, you could easily have eaten my breakfast/all the food in the house.

If there's no food in the house, I'll get my meat somehow. Get your juicy, fatty ass to a hotel ASAP.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Do whatever you wish with the bread. I do not eat bread.

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
Why was it brand new if it was open?

Did someone just get distracted from their toast and wander off?

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You can use the moldy bread as a poultice later.

Istbkleta

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I used to "close the bread" (3d Fe).

After several cases where people left the bread intentionally open, I realized it's counterproductive and stopped. Unless I had good reason to believe they would want me to close it, they would notice and they would "appreciate it".

This has been my experience with this moral dillema so far. Please share yours - I am curious.

EDIT: "bread" here is a metaphor.

Manifold

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I used to "close the bread" (3d Fe).

After several cases where people left the bread intentionally open, I realized it's counterproductive and stopped. Unless I had good reason to believe they would want me to close it, they would notice and they would "appreciate it".

This has been my experience with this moral dillema so far. Please share yours - I am curious.

EDIT: "bread" here is a metaphor.

lol

Zangetshumody

MBTI Type
INTJ
I don't bout my dreams, I don't bout my dreaming anymore, all that I know is I'm falling, falling, falling, falling, might as well fall. I don't know about my love, I don't know bout my loving anymore, all that I know is I'm turning, turning, turning, turning, might as well turn.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Reaching for the fresh bread underneath the stale: okay
Deliberately leaving the bread open: not okay
Having a four page thread about this: not sure

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
I, honestly, think you made the right decision here.

You left it like you found it, which is RULE NUMERO UNO of sneaking roommates' foods.

T

ThatGirl

Alright, I have another moral issue.

For some reason this just popped into my mind, and I don't know what to do with it.

When I was seventeen I caught the eye of a man 25 years old. We went on a couple of dates but it seemed things just felt off. I was a punk rock party girl, and he was successful, and well....preppy. He said I reminded him of Alicia Silverstone in Clueless, and I just couldn't get around the fact that he probably had a very skewed perception of me.

Instead I went for a horrible man my own age, who ended up being a complete psychopath, I wont go into details but for a while, I wasn't really in my right mind. Anyway, so this guy, who I kept on as a friend, though I was aware of his attraction to me, decided he wanted to lend me some money to help me out. I was very reluctant about taking the money, but he insisted, he wanted to do something for me, it was disposable income to him, and I should be comfortable taking whatever I needed. It was from his whatever account. Not a big deal.

He gave me his ATM card, and pin number, and then I wasn't going to see him again for a while. Well, like I said I wasn't in my right mind. I went into the account and saw the balance and my jaw dropped. At the same time creepy guy I was with was asking me to borrow money, I kept withdrawing, and even though creepy guy paid me back the money never went back into the bank....I acted like a completely immature seventeen year old, and took twice as much as I had needed.

When I had to break it to the man what happened, I first lied because I was so ashamed and dissapointed in myself, and he became really angry. Cold. Said, "You know they have cameras at ATMs, you're going to work off every last penny." Something like that. I remember being really creeped out by his words feeling like, what kind of man gives an ATM card to a 17 year old party girl, then says she will work it off. And I became angry with HIM.

That was a really bad time though and we kept speaking for a while. Idk, I felt like he tried to buy me. Idk. Anyway one of the last times we spoke, I was wanting to actually spend time with him, and was headed down to see him, half way there, my ex boyfriend the creep called me, and I went to see him instead.

Well, today I remembered this out of the blue. Despite what my feelings were when I was seventeen, I never did get a chance to pay the money back. Suddenly today the man's name popped in my head out of nowhere, and I absolutely hate this memory.

Should I try to find him, and pay the money back, or if not, how do I feel better about this?

T

ThatGirl

Probably the hard part would be finding him. If I did send the money, I would prefer to send it anonymously. I mean doesn't it look just as weird to pay back a debt 13 years after the fact to someone you haven't spoken to in exactly that long? I do have the money, I would like to pay it.

Jaguar

Probably the hard part would be finding him. If I did send the money, I would prefer to send it anonymously. I mean doesn't it look just as weird to pay back a debt 13 years after the fact to someone you haven't spoken to in exactly that long? I do have the money, I would like to pay it.

Where there's a will, there's a way.
I'd sign my name. It's the only way I would be clear. But that's me.
The choice is yours.