• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ENTPs and Si

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
So since I'm sick at home right now, I'm fucking around way too much on this forum today, and people are telling me they think I'm an ENTP. Which potentially makes sense - I know I've got Ne and some Ti, but one little problem - I have no Si to speak of. NONE - as in absolute zero, -273.15 Celsius.

How would the confirmed ENTPs here rate their Si?

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
So since I'm sick at home right now, I'm fucking around way too much on this forum today, and people are telling me they think I'm an ENTP. Which potentially makes sense - I know I've got Ne and some Ti, but one little problem - I have no Si to speak of. NONE - as in absolute zero, -273.15 Celsius.

How would the confirmed ENTPs here rate their Si?

Me too, I'm supposed to be working on something I shoulda finished last week, but it's something I hate doing.

I was gonna say close to zero Si for me, but then I read this:

http://www.cognitiveprocesses.com/introvertedsensing.html

Introverted Sensing often involves storing data and information, then comparing and contrasting the current situation with similar ones. The immediate experience or words are instantly linked with the prior experiences, and we register a similarity or a difference—for example, noticing that some food doesn’t taste the same or is saltier than it usually is. Introverted Sensing is also operating when we see someone who reminds us of someone else. Sometimes a feeling associated with the recalled image comes into our awareness along with the information itself. Then the image can be so strong, our body responds as if reliving the experience. The process also involves reviewing the past to draw on the lessons of history, hindsight, and experience. With introverted Sensing, there is often great attention to detail and getting a clear picture of goals and objectives and what is to happen. There can be a oneness with ageless customs that help sustain civilization and culture and protect what is known and long-lasting, even while what is reliable changes.

Mine started waking up in my late teens, but it's been a long, slow process. I do get the "reminds me of" phenomenon quite often, though.

But the clear picture of goals and objectives and how to get from A to B is something I struggle with. I easily get the clear picture of goals and objectives, and can zoom from A to B and imagine the finished product and the major things that need to be done to get there, but I really struggle with expanding on the details. I know what they are, but somehow it is painful to make my brain go through that process because it feels SOOOOO mundane to me. :ack!:

:bored: :sleeping:

I have major ADD when trying to force myself through those thought processes and need to take a 5 min break away from it for every 2 min of Si work.

However, when looking for mistakes, somehow the mistakes jump off the page at me, so I don't have that problem when reviewing things that have already been done. Would that be Ti, or would that be a form of Si that I have somehow managed to develop?

Also, when writing things, I have trouble expanding on things that I've already summarized. I'm really good at editing and summarizing and can do it quickly, but I really struggle to expand on things when people want more details. I can't figure out which details are important and what they want to hear about, because to me, the important info is already covered in the summary. Forcing myself through that thought process is also like pulling teeth sometimes. Is that Si?

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ENTP Si, here, if you don't get in a way that makes you quiver you don't got it: Inf Si

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I am eating at the moment for the 4th day in a row the same meal at lunch. I love it but the people in the restaurant already asked me if I can stand that 4 days in a row :D. tomorrow I'll surprise them and order something different.

For me Si manifests in noticing unusual behavior or a change in my surroundings, most often its only a gut feeling since I am visually oblivious to my surroundings at times. another element of Si is habits, I have a lot of them and I function best in a rythm. Sometimes it manifests as well in me only seeing what I want to see blending out the rest. the biggest manifesastations it has tho in recognizing patterns, traditions or recurring actions. most of the time i rebel against them and try to do things a new way i figure out myself, but with age i have come to recognize that doing things the proven way can be a huge time saver as well. and time is precious

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
my si is pathetic...i thought that's how it often worked for us??

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
For me Si manifests in noticing unusual behavior or a change in my surroundings, most often its only a gut feeling since I am visually oblivious to my surroundings at times. another element of Si is habits, I have a lot of them and I function best in a rythm. Sometimes it manifests as well in me only seeing what I want to see blending out the rest. the biggest manifesastations it has tho in recognizing patterns, traditions or recurring actions. most of the time i rebel against them and try to do things a new way i figure out myself, but with age i have come to recognize that doing things the proven way can be a huge time saver as well. and time is precious

This whole paragraph sums up how I think Si manifests itself in me, as well (whoa...wasn't this just an excellent example of the bolded part? I love it when this happens).

This morning for breakfast I had the same bran cereal and almond milk as I do every single other day. It works for me: keeps me full, keeps me regular, tastes relatively good...so really why should I change that up? Especially when my time in the mornings is so precious. I'd rather be doing many other things than thinking about what breakfast I want.

That kind of thing. I guess it's Si. It's just a way of uncluttering my fairly cluttered life and maintaining a grasp on my scattered consciousness.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ENTP Si, here, if you don't get in a way that makes you quiver you don't got it: Inf Si

The withdrawal/irritability/depression I definitely identify when at my worst. However, I also get really weird and sensitive/emotional. I'm actually *nicer* and more deferring under stress than I am normally - and when I am in ultra-nice mode, it's because I think I have to be that way, at least temporarily. I hate it though - I'm really not wild about being anyone's bitch.

Don't relate much to the OCD cleaning/details though. If anything, I get messy and undetailed the worse my state.

The hypochondria/body thing, I TOTALLY relate to. When I was 16, I was convinced that I was dying of rabies when a small flying brown thing flew near me once (I worried that it bit me without me feeling/seeing it.) Started watching viideos of people/animals dying of rabies, reading the horror stories, googling pictures of it etc..

Another time I obsessed about AIDS being purposefully tainted on public toilet paper by pranksters.

More recently, I crashed on my slutty friend's couch after a drunk night - and thereafter, got paranoid about catching crabs from her likely semen-crusted sheets. I showered in lice shampoo the day after, just in case.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This whole paragraph sums up how I think Si manifests itself in me, as well (whoa...wasn't this just an excellent example of the bolded part? I love it when this happens).

This morning for breakfast I had the same bran cereal and almond milk as I do every single other day. It works for me: keeps me full, keeps me regular, tastes relatively good...so really why should I change that up? Especially when my time in the mornings is so precious. I'd rather be doing many other things than thinking about what breakfast I want.

That kind of thing. I guess it's Si. It's just a way of uncluttering my fairly cluttered life and maintaining a grasp on my scattered consciousness.

I totally have certain routines - good timesaver, less mundane things to worry about.

However, I SUCK at the "what's different in this room" thing. I could walk inside a house recently pulverized by an earthquake, step over the rubble and not notice anything different until pointed out.

Part of it's my pathetic memory - especially visual memory. Out of sight is literally out of mind. I pretty much never think about the past, and especially not sense details of the past. Once it's over, it's over.

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd just like to say that I love threads like these...it's interesting reading for me as an Si-dom :yes:

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:worthy:

Please, please give me some of your Si! WANT!!! DESPERATELY NEED!!!

:cheese:

I'll trade you some of my Si and if you'll trade me some of your Ne - My Ne is both a great source of strength and confusion and pain for me :ninja:

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
I'll trade you some of my Si and if you'll trade me some of your Ne - My Ne is both a great source of strength and confusion and pain for me :ninja:

Sure! Let's pick days to borrow and trade. I probably won't need mine for a few weeks, although I'd be nervous about lending it out for TOO long, might feel naked without it.

Want to trade for a day or two, see how it goes?

On second thought, maybe a week would work. I could get a whole long list of things done around the house that I've been procrastinating for years....

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Sure! Let's pick days to borrow and trade. I probably won't need mine for a few weeks, although I'd be nervous about lending it out for TOO long, might feel naked without it.

Want to trade for a day or two, see how it goes?

On second thought, maybe a week would work. I could get a whole long list of things done around the house that I've been procrastinating for years....

:laugh: You'll need Te for that, darlin. Si will just make you painfully aware of every speck of dust.

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:laugh: You'll need Te for that, darlin. Si will just make you painfully aware of every speck of dust.

She's actually right, Si just desires order and harmony...Fe or Te decides how to go about getting it :yes:

But otherwise, sure! Would be interesting to see what happens in my life during that time :D

ETA: And by she, I mean mrcockburn :yes:

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9

She's actually right, Si just desires order and harmony...Fe or Te decides how to go about getting it :yes:

But otherwise, sure! Would be interesting to see what happens in my life during that time :D

ETA: And by she, I mean mrcockburn :yes:

Ah OK, in that case I'll have to also borrow some Te. :biggrin:

Who wants to lend me some Te from now until Monday? There's money in it, if anyone is interested in doing business.... ;)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I totally have certain routines - good timesaver, less mundane things to worry about.

However, I SUCK at the "what's different in this room" thing. I could walk inside a house recently pulverized by an earthquake, step over the rubble and not notice anything different until pointed out.

Part of it's my pathetic memory - especially visual memory. Out of sight is literally out of mind. I pretty much never think about the past, and especially not sense details of the past. Once it's over, it's over.

i suck at noticing things a lot...like for awhile when i first moved here i lived with a friend and she had this boiling water tap at her sink...for tea n such...i lived there for probably 2 months before she told me she had one and i never noticed it myself...wtf but i am not out of sight out of mind...i actually feel like i'm in a constant state of missing someone or someplace or something...i'm ridiculously nostalgic...i just want everything i love around me all the time..i suck at letting go i guess....whatever that means..

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I've been in places for two years and not noticed large objects around me! I can relate to everything about being inferior Si.