• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] Why you are not getting laid.

Xyk

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
well actually it would be the message in the cookie that is long winded ! xD

Wait, you're telling me your fortune cookies don't just open their mouths and talk? I believe we may have to re-examine the permanent effects of Salvia Divinorum, because I think I have some problems on my hands.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think I'm too naive to fit the recurring descriptions here of the know-it-all.

What if the person you are "well, actually"ing is the one who's insecure about their intelligence and constantly spouting and trying to defend inaccurate statements with obvious origins?

"Hey guys did you hear? It's official: Pluto is not a planet! Fuck you, Pluto!"
"Yeah, totally! Lucky for Pluto though, the vote was rigged, so nobody's going to actually recognize it and everyone who matters will forget it happened."

"Your blood type is O? Say, you don't eat much meat! That must be why you have so many problems with digestion! I'm going to add meat to your shopping list."
"Well, actually, the blood type diet is not based on any scientific studies which have ever been published despite the author's claims that he has loads of evidence, and also my digestion is definitely correlated with stress and is actually better when I eat less meat. I appreciate the thought, though."

"Ah, you gave me a Quartz? It has healing properties! And can make rain fall! That's not too good since we have been having way too much rain lately."
"Um...maybe... I was thinking it's supposed to amplify clarity of thought, since I remember you mentioning you feel like you have brain fog sometimes so I thought this might help when that happens. It's shaped like the first letter of your name, too!"

Like, sorry guys, but..

This is probably a difference between trivia and insightful contribution.

If someone is recounting a story, and I correct them on the model of vehicle they mentioned, and the vehicle is not relevant to the story at all, I'm just being annoying.

On the other hand, if someone is asserting something factually incorrect, and then extrapolating from there to either inform or persuade someone else, it seems much more fair to correct them.

Good Example
James: Wow man, check out that building! That rocks!
Bob: Whoa, that’s huge!

Bad Example
Bob: Yeah, that’s cool. But dude, you should see New York. New York KILLS this place
The person who’s not vibing correctly is failing to understand something: the purpose of the initial comment isn’t debate – it’s building a social vibe. The content isn’t the communication – it’s the veneer over the subcommunication that says: “Let’s have a nice time, build rapport with each other, and chill out”. Bob is instead using them as opportunities to try and make himself look good – killing the vibe entirely.

Hah. I don't think I'd do it either way described there. I think it would go like this:

Me: :mellow: