• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Do all INTx relate to sociopath characters in popular media?

fr0stbite

MBTI Type
INTP
Have you ever related to Dexter or Rorschach(from watchmen) ? I can often relate to them and even Serial Killer Carl Panzram?

Point is.. Are all my INTx bros potential sociopaths?

If so. We need to increase our gene pool! :mellow: :D

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTx's and Sociopaths often look similar on the surface, but the real difference lies in the intentions of the person. INTx's can be sociopaths but are not by definition.

There aren't many sociopaths in media I relate to because those characters tend to be very shallow and superficial.

Or at the very least, if I am sociopath, I'm much better at it than they are.

fr0stbite

MBTI Type
INTP
So an INTx with bad intentions is a Sociopath?

I'm a time-bomb ready to explode?

Also.. what do you reckon is the MBTI of Anders Breivik? Sounds NT-ish to me!

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Being a sociopath is showing no remorse or consciousness.

An INTx is on the other end of the spectrum, however since we vaue truth above all, we may do or say things that on the short term might be harmful, but for the best intentions, it can be seen as sociopathic behaviour to others that don't see the full extent of the reason of that INTx's actions.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
As for Anders Breivik, I don't really care to know and he is unhealthy above all. So he isn't able to represent any of the types. But considering his (unhealthy) idealistic worldview, I would be partial to say he is NF. He just sucks at being one really badly.

slowriot

He who laughs
Enneagram
5w4
Being a sociopath is showing no remorse or consciousness.

An INTx is on the other end of the spectrum, however since we vaue truth above all, we may do or say things that on the short term might be harmful, but for the best intentions, it can be seen as sociopathic behaviour to others that don't see the full extent of the reason of that INTx's actions.

yes exactly. I just got a job where they told me the reasons for hiring me was that they thought I had an approachable and friendly exterior, had a good telephone voice and saw me as a versatile experienced, progressive individual that wouldnt say no to a challenge. Id say thats more fitting of me than being a sociopath. So I dont need a lot of socializing? That dont mean I dont like being with people. All I am is a skeptic that may not open up as easily as others. But I know my friends appreciate my qualities.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I bet INTXs are a minority among real sociopaths. Real sociopaths are so irrational they can barely think long term. That said, I relate a lot to Dexter. I've never watched the others.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I bet INTXs are a minority among real sociopaths. Real sociopaths are so irrational they can barely think long term. That said, I relate a lot to Dexter. I've never watched the others.
Same here. I cannot relate to how he does people in, but the inner thoughts he has - about people, himself, relationships, emotions, etc. - I can definitely relate to.

BlueGray

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Sociopaths as depicted in fiction: yes. Sociopaths in real life: no. Most fictional characters I identify with are shown to be sociopathic. Instances of sociopaths in the news or psychological descriptions of sociopaths don't match as well.

There being a lack of fictional characters I can identify with at all, might be part of it as well.

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Quite often these characters showcase attributes I attempt to repress, though there's a definite possibility I'm either a sociopath or tethering on the border.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Have you ever related to Dexter or Rorschach(from watchmen) ? I can often relate to them and even Serial Killer Carl Panzram?

Rorshach's more of an ISTJ... although his paranoia/psychosis distorts whatever type he might be. Dexter's kind of the same way... there's a rigidity to the type (need for sharp delineations and structure), plus the detachment from people comes off as schizoid which has parallels to INT perhaps but might not really reflect type at all.

In any case, I can identify with the thinking process of the type... their logic makes sense... it's the initial assumptions + inability to accept additional information that makes a difference in what conclusions are drawn. They're kind of drawing just "part of the big picture" and strictly adhering to what part they do have, without any flex... and Rorshach fills in lots of stuff on his own (his natural paranoia/distrust).

jimrckhnd

MBTI Type
INTP
I don't identify with sociopathic characters at all. While it is true that less pleasant aspects of my character can be extremely cold and I when logic informs me that I must be I can be I can be very ruthless I don’t understand how a mind can be simply unaware of or unable to process that other actors in their lives are actual human beings with their own thoughts, aspirations and needs. The true sociopath sees other people as two dimensional caricatures inhabiting this world for their own convenience to whom they owe nothing. Even those I have considered mortal enemies have never been reduced to that state in my mind. To me the true sociopath, as well as being dangerous (at various levels – they don’t all kill), is a pathetic, soulless creature that is scarcely human. Defective, lacking in a critical portion of imagination – an accident of genetics and/or circumstances that is just one of those things that appears from time to time.

Megalomania

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6

Point is.. Are all my INTx bros potential sociopaths?

If so. We need to increase our gene pool! :mellow: :D

Sociopaths have great social skills. Have you met any INTs? :shock:

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No. Great gives magnitude, not direction. One can speak, for example of "great evil", without implying that it is positive.

Lol, maybe 'great evil' implies negativity because it has the word evil in it? :D

Great social skills implies a good use of social skills, not a misuse of manipulative skills that appear social. :p