• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NTP's- who is the best match?

Moxiest

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I read one place that INTP's were a good match for a female INFJ... I read somewhere else that an ENTP would be the INFJ's ideal match.... do you all think you could deal with an INFJ? If an INFJ had to decide between the two types, who do you all think is the better match... and why?

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A good match goes further than types alone, but generally we don't mesh well with S types. And INFP might not be the most ideal either because you'd end up watching anime together on the couch every evening. :D

In a general sense, I often find myself attracted to INFJ, ENFJ, ENTP and ENTJ types. But there has been a few of other types that I was attracted to for less general reasons. :p

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've dated all kinds, but I confess the best rapport I've experienced to date was with an INTP. I think I'd have the same (if not better) experience with an ENTP. We speak the same love language (Fe), but they offer an objective balance to our subjective experience.

Helios

MBTI Type
INTP
I read one place that INTP's were a good match for a female INFJ... I read somewhere else that an ENTP would be the INFJ's ideal match.... do you all think you could deal with an INFJ? If an INFJ had to decide between the two types, who do you all think is the better match... and why?

I'm very attracted to NFJs. I think an INTP would be the better option for you-ENTPs might be too brash.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Depends too much on the individual.

I enjoy INFJs but they don't always share that enjoyment.

Despite the obvious similarities I personally I find the differences between INTP and ENTP massive. The former has a preference for pondering, the latter for action. Question is which would you prefer in a partner.

Besides that I believe often I-E relationships provide the most balance. Ergo ENFJ-INTP and INFJ-ENTP if you wanted to go the NFJ/NTP matches.

But theories are of no importance when it comes to relationships, only the actual dynamics of those involved.

Moxiest

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
:D I seem to be having a hard time with replys.... I am always told to refresh the page and log in... does this happen to everyone? IS it just because I am new?

Thanks for the ideas/comments everyone!

Still not sure what my preference is... I'm a bit of a sucker for rational perceivers regardless of their introversion/extroversion... but they are quite a bit different! Amazing how introversion/extroversion can REALLY change the way someone intereacts with others! :)

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
do you all think you could deal with an INFJ?

In general, I think so. Though I have only met one (confirmed) INFJ before. She was probably the first person in high school I was able to have an awesome conversation with. She got someone to open up to and I got someone willing to listen to some of my craziness, so I think it's potentially a good dynamic ;) I could see how some problems could come up if I was pushed to be more socioemotionally serious, or if I started insisting on "lightening/loosening up," so that could create a better understanding, or explosions (the bad kind).

If an INFJ had to decide between the two types, who do you all think is the better match... and why?

It really depends.... I do think they are very similar (because I'm biased like that), but in general:

From the INTP: expect more quiet evenings at home reading books/playing video games together, a cute sort of sillyness, messiness but with the occasional extreme perfectionism, more random emotional outbursts, more insistence that things "make sense"

:sherlock: :vader1: :einstein2:

From the ENTP: expect more random outings or not-so-quiet evenings at home (explosions, but the good kind), a "charming" sort of crazy, a general scatteredness, more resistence to a controlled stability, more concern with their "audience"

:drwho: :wizfreak: :mariobanana:

...and things that go along with these things, and things already included in the NTP part.

Actually, the part about the ENTPs wanting action more almost sums up the difference completely

So the question is of which flavor of crazy do you prefer? :D

Jessica

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
INFJs... well. Two INFJs fucked me pretty good. One by entering a relationship while I was pining for her and not saying a thing about it, another by making me wait forever on her and then going for someone else at the first chance.

My INFJ experiences have not been positive. Not been positive at all.

J's in general are tough to mesh with though, they're so structured and scheduled, it's hard for me to deal with.

INFPs have been my better match...

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Know what, screw the INTPs (metaphorically speaking) they're terrible for you, stay away from them, INTPs and INFJs need to get with ENTPs it's the only way that things can work.

You deserved to know the truth.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I would really like to see how an NeFe ENTP and FeNe ESFJ mesh.

:devil:

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
^ when it's good, it's great, when it's bad, people die.

=/

V

violaine

I'm INFJ. Perhaps I'd do ok with a quieter kind of ENTP in a relationship... But as it stands I tend to fall for INTPs. I'm sensitive to other people's energy and I prefer to be with someone who has calm energy. I'm pretty adventurous, so I don't need to be pulled out of myself by someone more outgoing. The TP/FJ difference makes for enough of the good type of friction.

Moxiest

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
^ Agreed! Although, I really do prefer intuitives to sensors, I am sure ESTP's could work.... Heathcliffe in Bronte's Wuthering Heights was supposedly ESTP... I always liked him in an odd sort of way........

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
The only person who ever broke my heart was an INFJ. And man, did he break it.

The relationship was great, but it takes a certain amount of work and maturity from both parties for it to be great....

WAIT, hold up! It takes work and maturity to make a relationship great???

:greatscott:

Well shit...

Moxiest

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
In general, I think so. Though I have only met one (confirmed) INFJ before. She was probably the first person in high school I was able to have an awesome conversation with. She got someone to open up to and I got someone willing to listen to some of my craziness, so I think it's potentially a good dynamic ;) I could see how some problems could come up if I was pushed to be more socioemotionally serious, or if I started insisting on "lightening/loosening up," so that could create a better understanding, or explosions (the bad kind).

It really depends.... I do think they are very similar (because I'm biased like that), but in general:

From the INTP: expect more quiet evenings at home reading books/playing video games together, a cute sort of sillyness, messiness but with the occasional extreme perfectionism, more random emotional outbursts, more insistence that things "make sense"

:sherlock: :vader1: :einstein2:

From the ENTP: expect more random outings or not-so-quiet evenings at home (explosions, but the good kind), a "charming" sort of crazy, a general scatteredness, more resistence to a controlled stability, more concern with their "audience"

:drwho: :wizfreak: :mariobanana:

...and things that go along with these things, and things already included in the NTP part.

Actually, the part about the ENTPs wanting action more almost sums up the difference completely

So the question is of which flavor of crazy do you prefer? :D

... I feel like I'm at an ice cream shop, being asked to choose between chocolate and vanilla.... and I just... I can't do it. I can't choose! :/

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
... I feel like I'm at an ice cream shop, being asked to choose between chocolate and vanilla.... and I just... I can't do it. I can't choose! :/

I would compare it more to choosing between vanilla and french vanilla...almost the same but some do have a preference or distaste towards the little specks. Not sure which type would have the specks though... but if they are vanilla and chocolate maybe you need to get that swirly kind of ice cream (a quieter ENTP or more outgoing INTP) ;)

(Hmm.... this means that if I am an NF-flavored xNTP, then that'd make me like a neapolitan ice cream.... sweet :biggrin:)

Moxiest

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I would compare it more to choosing between vanilla and french vanilla...almost the same but some do have a preference or distaste towards the little specks. Not sure which type would have the specks though... but if they are vanilla and chocolate maybe you need to get that swirly kind of ice cream (a quieter ENTP or more outgoing INTP) ;)

(Hmm.... this means that if I am an NF-flavored xNTP, then that'd make me like a neapolitan ice cream.... sweet :biggrin:)

:bunnyd: Neopolitan it is! ... does this mean I taste like strawberry? :/

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=14225]Moxiest[/MENTION], yes it is common knowledge of type and temperament tht all NFs taste of strawberry. Try tasting yourself someday ;) Unless you would like another flavor designation? I know some NFJs have a cinnamonness about them... but then ENTP and INTP need something cool, like cookies and cream or waffle cone or something

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Best match for an INTP? An INTJ, of course (speaking from experience).

According to some of the joke type descriptions, we're an ideal match since neither of us realizes we're in a relationship (???)