• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Would an NT ever admit (s)he's of average intelligence?

mujigay

Intergalactic Badass
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Not true... There are some people that are ok with being average and even relish in it.

I have yet to meet a person like this, then. I thought everyone's goal was to be a special, genius little snowflake.

Nicodemus

I have yet to meet a person like this, then. I thought everyone's goal was to be a special, genius little snowflake.
I spoke to one. I said: "Everyone wants to feel important." He replied: "Hmm. With me, if there are five people, I just want to be one of them."

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You do know that most INTPs dislike routines right? And do you know what INTPs do when they are given a task they dislike? They either do it badly or simply don't do it.

INTPs would make horrible accountants; that's probably why you don't find too many doing it.

Even worse, it's full of inconsistent/contradictory rules and procedures that even the professors can't reason - they literally answer questions with, "I don't know why. That's what the rule is though, so memorize it." :doh:

So Ti would not be happy. Yeah, actually maybe accounting is more up the ENTJs' alley...

mujigay

Intergalactic Badass
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I spoke to one. I said: "Everyone wants to feel important." He replied: "Hmm. With me, if there are five people, I just want to be one of them."

He is a rare man. Or at least his sort is rare around my peer group.

Lark

I'd like to be average, it'd mean a lot of mofos have raised their game seriously.

Discobiscuits article about great people underestimating themselves and assholes over estimating themselves has made me think about how much I under rate a lot of my emotional competence. To be honest its about as important as intellect. If not more so.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

My quasi theory on that is that back during tribal/nomadic periods, we HAD to have a unique competence/value, otherwise we wouldn't get a share of the kill/shelter/protection/other resources.

Pride

MBTI Type
INTP
You do know that most INTPs dislike routines right? And do you know what INTPs do when they are given a task they dislike? They either do it badly or simply don't do it.

INTPs would make horrible accountants; that's probably why you don't find too many doing it.

My old martial art teacher and somewhat of a father figure tried to "change me" to become a more "responsible adult." I still have the utmost respect for him, but I am almost positive that he is an ENTJ or an ESTJ. I graciously bowed out of his life, and now he is out of mine. I absolutely cannot tolerate routine, and his method for improving me was to make me carry around a daily planner/journal and record EVERY SINGLE THING I'VE DONE, WANT TO DO, AN GOING TO DO. It made me function like a fuckin overheating computer and did me absolutely no good.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Yea if you would know what intelligent people all are not, you'ld collapse in desperation

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
And dumb people are actually really lousy at understanding how dumb they are.

Not always. I'd consider myself dumb half the time, given that I do unimaginably absentminded shit like accidentally spraying my contact lens with hairspray (mistakened the shape of the bottle for contact rinse solution). Or sucking hard at accounting, because I'm completely incapable of rote memorization. The depth of an individual's stupidity, at least for stuff yielding immediate feedback (test results or finally noticing hairspray in your left hand, your soaked lens in the right hand, etc), is noticed and cringed at by beholder.

Most dumb people are ashamed of it, so we try not to think about it too much. :peepwall: