• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Is it possible to be a social INTx?

Illmatic

Only a very few people are 100% introverted imo so i was wondering if it is possible to be a social INTJ/INTP.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Define "social".

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm with Macguffin, define social.

I'd say INT people are quite social creatures but in a different way than what is perceived as social norm.

Illmatic

like talk with people usually, have a connection of friends (not a lil, but a lot)

i always talk with people and i communicate with a smile enthusiasm and in class conversations i shout answers out at the teacher.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
like talk with people usually, have a connection of friends (not a lil, but a lot)

i always talk with people and i communicate with a smile enthusiasm and in class conversations i shout answers out at the teacher.
Sure it's possible, but such actions will drain an introvert.

Illmatic

it's only because i've known these people for 6 years. Not gonna last long anyway, this is my last year of HS.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
In the enneagram, an so-dom would be more communicative despite their introverted preference.

For example I am an so-dom INFP.

Do you know your enneagram type and instinctual preference?

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm afraid cognitive introversion and sociability is an equation that doesn't add up, so why won't you just grow a beard and go live the reast of your life as a hermit in the hills?

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm afraid cognitive introversion and sociability is an equation that doesn't add up, so why won't you just grow a beard and go live the reast of your life as a hermit in the hills?

The way you put it, that sounds like the most social thing to do. I'm not falling for it!

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

gandalf

MBTI Type
INTJ
I am INTx and consider myself as what I think is called "social introvert".

My preference for introversion is clear but that doesn't prevent me from being sociable. I like getting to know new people, I know how to deal with and get to know all sorts of people etc. Often, it really drains me, and therefore, practicing those skills is not too easy for me, but I have found it very useful a skill and thus, I do practice it.

I think INTx consider sociability and becoming sociable quite differently from other, especially from extroverts. At least I think I do. My need for interaction with people just for the sake interacting with people is quite. Some of my hobbies, however, are such that even though I can do and enjoy them alone, I can clearly see that sociability is a great advantage for me with them. It is very good to be able to generally deal with people and to be perceived as someone who deals with people not just for personal interests but to really connect with them.

I have read that INTJ have better pattern recognition skills than any other type does and I think that might hold a truth. I am not someone who just runs into any situation and learns by doing (as I assume extroverts learn their social skills) but I rather observe other people dealing with each other. I see patterns of interaction between people in different situations and I see what works and when. I draw conclusions regarding how to act in those situations and eventually, when faced by chance, I test my conclusions. Sometimes they do fine, sometimes there is room for improvement. I analyze my actions and the outcome and let my intuition subconsciously figure out how to improve. It's slow but for me it really works. The more I practice, the better and more accurate my intuition gets improvising in different situations. So far, I have advanced enough to stay motivated.

Jessica

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
I haven't really been social since getting back from college, but last semester I was the motherfucking man.

Actually, I guess I'm still pretty social. I know a lot of people and hang out with a lot of people quite frequently, but probably at half capacity of my university days. Maybe less than half... I was the motherfucking man there.

Apparently I balance 'asshole' and 'pretentious' with 'charming' and 'charismatic', so it kind of works out.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm sure even the most introverted people are going to be somewhat social when the needy extraverts finally claim their lives.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I haven't really been social since getting back from college, but last semester I was the motherfucking man.

Actually, I guess I'm still pretty social. I know a lot of people and hang out with a lot of people quite frequently, but probably at half capacity of my university days. Maybe less than half... I was the motherfucking man there.

Apparently I balance 'asshole' and 'pretentious' with 'charming' and 'charismatic', so it kind of works out.

Do you have an older brother named Sim?

Jessica

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Just checkin'... ;)

You actually know me, kind of. I'm the one MtF trans fellow who's mom called him 'Sick' in a big long email last November.

I figured it was a reference to The Sims...

Also, Season of Mist is a French record label with some big bands, just so you know. :p