• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] INTX Do you watch anime to escape?

Illmatic

I watch anime at times just to get away from the real life haha, but i don't like the comedy anime only the ones with a intense plot and an intelligent main character.

You?

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
watching anime makes me want to escape

Malcontent

MBTI Type
abcd
Aside from death note, I don't like anime, but my intp friend is obsessed.
I watch tons of tv-show. Mainly drama and crime.

goats

MBTI Type
INTP
Call me a hater but anime needs to eliminated. As do weeaboos. :dead2:

KEKEKEKEKE KAWAII ^_______^ DESUUUUUU

Not sure if it's the anime itself that I highly dislike or its fanbase. Gonna get back to you on that one.

uncommonentity

I don't really watch anime and when I have it was purely to waste invaluable time. I do however thoroughly enjoy the high production value of anime OSTs. I lost the ability to truely 'escape' via media a long time ago. Some moments arise but they're once in a blue moon.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Escape from what exactly. The drag of having nothing interesting on my mind? Then yes. :p

Ofcourse I have priorities. Works comes before pleasure.

Actually, that's pretty much the only priority I have, so after my work is done, I'll do whatever I feel like doing, if that so happens to be anime at that time, so be it. But rather watching anime than being bored.

goats

MBTI Type
INTP
OP, can you clarify what we're escaping from?

If you go to Japan after watching anime are you escaping? cuz then you're just going to the source...

Critical Hit

MBTI Type
ENTP
Why do you single out anime? All entertainment can be used as a form of escape.

Critical Hit

MBTI Type
ENTP
Anime is for 14 year olds.

And My Little Pony is for girls. It doesnt stop neckbeards or weeaboos.
I love weeabos who claim that anime is some kind of high art form, infinitely superior to our baka gaijin media, when in Japan its considered to be mere low brow pop-culture.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Can't stand anime, but I do use film and tv as an escape sometimes.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
OP, why would you assume this to be an INTx thing?

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
OP, why would you assume this to be an INTx thing?

I don't think he does, rather he doesn't care about other types concerning this matter, since he himself is NT and wants to reflect upon himself, not on typology in general.

Jessica

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
12-15, I was pretty anime obsessed.

Now the only anime I can get into are... Cowboy Bebop, FLCL, Akira (amazing movie), Trigun, and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood.

If I were to list all of the ones I've been into... man... Inuyasha, Crayon Shin-Chan, Case Closed, Dragonball, DBZ, DBGT, Fullmetal Alchemist (the first), Serial Experiments Lain, Hellsing, Pokemon, Yu Yu Hakusho, Death Note (a bit), some Naruto... basically every popular anime. Some more obscure ones that I can't remember.

These days, if it's anything other than Bebop, FLCL, Akira, Trigun, or Brotherhood, I don't care for it.

I'll note that it's very interesting how anime has changed in the US. Ten years ago, Pokemon was still the shit, and everyone was into Dragonball... then for the mid-00s, anime became a cliché for 14 year olds, and towards 2007 and on, anime is popular with pretty much everyone. It's weird how that works.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think he does, rather he doesn't care about other types concerning this matter, since he himself is NT and wants to reflect upon himself, not on typology in general.

Understood. Well, carry on then, I guess.