• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] INTPc reminds me of one flew over the cocos nest!

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The only NT-centric forum I know of that isn't dead is the INTJ forum.

Yeah, despite all the jokes here about it, that forum's pretty active with serious discussion.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Your spelling of "cuckoo" is so bad I can't even come up with some Ne-esque flight of fancy to mock it with through a cleverly constructed bizarre shrubbery maze of delights that will awe and inspire you.

I did not even notice the "bad" spelling.
Spelling has no bearance.
Who dictates such inane rules? The school masters.
Do the school masters know a thing? They don't.
Why do they "teach" then?
They want to impose inane rules.

The psychiatrists and their nurses do not know a thing either. It does not matter to them. All they want is to impose inane rules.
Bobbie was right.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So is it safe to say that Jennifer likes the INTJ forum? :huh:

I spend a lot more time on PersC when I'm not here.

My time usually comes in small chunks throughout the day, when I'm multi-tasking; and usually the discussions in INTJ demand longer periods of investment if only to do justice to a thread, so I don't post a ton.

The psychiatrists and their nurses do not know a thing either. It does not matter to them. All they want is to impose inane rules.
Bobbie was right.

Awqhsa lajs ow quiqwekka glooshfk pshfoin suuaiisoo mshqlla. Quqidhjas jupjup difaiin. Qwtahsk puieuws pquehglk pooeri. Buttys qyteyau ayweyqu ois uiyyw afoisidla.

Yes, spelling is just a bunch of inane rules when it comes to communication. I guess as long as text is understood, it doesn't matter how any words are spelled.

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
Awqhsa lajs ow quiqwekka glooshfk pshfoin suuaiisoo mshqlla. Quqidhjas jupjup difaiin. Qwtahsk puieuws pquehglk pooeri. Buttys qyteyau ayweyqu ois uiyyw afoisidla.

lol, does this actually mean something or are you just fucking with him. I tried to pronounce it but I can't make anything out of it.

Bobble

MBTI Type
xxxx
Enneagram
?

Bobbie was right.

And the fact that INTPc has these insane forum rules that allow the INTPs negative traits to florish is the reason why you have so many problems with that forum.

It attracts a negative immature type of INTP and it keeps them that way because the rules allow it. It also attracts trolls of all kinds. Then you mix them in with some more mature INTPs and it creates this environment full of frustration (from regular INTPs), immaturity (from undeveloped INTPs), and attacks to the forum from outside trolls that of course are gonna come to a forum where "Anything goes" is one of the rules. IDK.

But in the end, the ones that matter over there will refuse any change and wont allow themselves to even consider the possibility of anything. They wont hear of it.

Bobble

MBTI Type
xxxx
Enneagram
?
lol, does this actually mean something or are you just fucking with him. I tried to pronounce it but I can't make anything out of it.

No you didn't?! :yim_rolling_on_the_

Why would you try to read that? :yim_rolling_on_the_

I'm sorry, that was funny though. :smoke:

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
How many INFPs did you crush under your iron boot? :cry:

Too many; My hands are too stained with the blood of the idealists go back there now. If you'd have seen the atrocities I'd seen take place there, you'd understand why I spend my nights in a drunken stupor.

And the fact that INTPc has these insane forum rules that allow the INTPs negative traits to florish is the reason why you have so many problems with that forum.

It attracts a negative immature type of INTP and it keeps them that way because the rules allow it. It also attracts trolls of all kinds. Then you mix them in with some more mature INTPs and it creates this environment full of frustration (from regular INTPs), immaturity (from undeveloped INTPs), and attacks to the forum from outside trolls that of course are gonna come to a forum where "Anything goes" is one of the rules. IDK.

But in the end, the ones that matter over there will refuse any change and wont allow themselves to even consider the possibility of anything. They wont hear of it.

It's actually the opposite that's the problem: The rules aren't clearly defined, and there's always exceptions to those rules made based on seniority and the popularity of the individual, and because of this lots of times administrative decisions seem arbitrary. Also, the caustic tone most newcomers experience is just the nature of the forum itself, and even goes so far as to extend beyond type. To 'fit in' to a certain extent, one must conform.

OrionzRevenge

MBTI Type
INTP
I recently watched "One flew over the cocos nest" and it's just like INTP Central!

Lmao, OMW is the head nurse and Attila the hunny as sidekick nurse.

As a member I sometimes feel like those patients. Am I the only INTPc member to feel this way?

And btw I have never been banned. I'm still a member. I'm not bashing that forum, it just seemed similar to the movie.
Chief Bromden: My pop was real big. He did like he pleased. That's why everybody worked on him. The last time I seen my father, he was blind and diseased from drinking. And every time he put the bottle to his mouth, he don't suck out of it, it sucks out of him until he shrunk so wrinkled and yellow even the dogs didn't know him.

McMurphy: Killed him, huh?

Chief Bromden: I'm not saying they killed him. They just worked on him. The way they're working on you.

The movie strayed from the novel on the strength of Nicholson's role as McMurphy and the Directors desire to make a movie more about the dangers of conformity. In fact, straying so far that 'Chief Broom's' victory over his struggle seems lost as he runs away.

McMurphy and Ratched are just two trains destined to wreck in order to provide the arc of The Chief's journey.

If INTPc is a Looney Bin in your mind's eye, then fair enough, let's run with this idea.
A Funny Farm is a place of Isolation from the greater society so that the patients are not driven Ape-shit by the vast majority of people who are different and demand the conformity of bland normalcy.

McMurphy is a social fuck-up that is trying to get over on the system and avoid jail by pretending he belongs on the farm. He constantly locks horns with Nurse Ratched over the rules while thinking his shit don't stink.

Twice McMurphy could have escaped his fate but he made the calls that lead to his own end.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:yim_rolling_on_the_ No you didn't :yim_rolling_on_the_
Why would you try to read that?

Only the Chosen can read through the magic of the post.

EDIT: Oh, hi, Orion. ;)

rav3n

After all the stories about horrifying behaviour by its members, I've only received one death threat in 10 posts. And it was part of the welcome to INTPc. They're...nice...over there!

Bobble

MBTI Type
xxxx
Enneagram
?
The movie strayed from the novel on the strength of Nicholson's role as McMurphy and the Directors desire to make a movie more about the dangers of conformity. In fact, straying so far that 'Chief Broom's' victory over his struggle seems lost as he runs away.

McMurphy and Ratched are just two trains destined to wreck in order to provide the arc of The Chief's journey.

If INTPc is a Looney Bin in your mind's eye, then fair enough, let's run with this idea.
A Funny Farm is a place of Isolation from the greater society so that the patients are not driven Ape-shit by the vast majority of people who are different and demand the conformity of bland normalcy.

McMurphy is a social fuck-up that is trying to get over on the system and avoid jail by pretending he belongs on the farm. He constantly locks horns with Nurse Ratched over the rules while thinking his shit don't stink.

Twice McMurphy could have escaped his fate but he made the calls that lead to his own end.

The one who flew over the cuckoo's nest is a movie about the dangers of conformity.

INTPc imo is being forced into conformity.

• Hospital Ward/Online forum
• Psychiatrists/Administrators
• Miss Ratched/OMW
• Female/Female
• Head Nurse/Head Mod
• Assistant nurse/Attila the Hunny
• In charge of ward/In charge of forum
• patients incapable of dealing with their emotions/members incapable of dealing with their emotions

Miss Ratched/OMW is completely trusted by the Psychiatrists/Administrators and given unsupervised reign over the whole ward/forum.

Patients/Members avoid upsetting her because they know she has the authority to send patients/members upstairs/purgatory where patients/members can end up dead/banned.

When MacMurphy/Unliked Member challenged Miss Ratcheds/OMWs authority and posed as a threat to her control over the ward/forum she made sure the rest of his stay there was miserable.

MacMuphy/Unliked Member finally snaps and gets sent upstairs/purgatory where he is tortured even worse. He is finally put out of his misery and is killed/banned.

The ward/forum is a place of isolation from the greater society where some patients/members are driven Ape-shit by all the dysfunctional patients/members and a controlling nurse/mod that demands the conformity of her bland normalcy.

^ This represents the trolls and dupes who constantly flame the forum.

* The trolls are attracted to the forum because some of the rules there allow their antics.

* Then you consistently see dupes there because unliked members will get mistreated, degraded and banned by OMW and other members (sometimes over personal reasons that have nothing to do with forum rules) and they will come back as dupes out of spite.

Once: Stayed so his buddy b-b-b-billy can get laid.

Twice: Then stayed again when he saw that something happened to his friend.

^ This has nothing to do with my comparison but sound like acceptable reasons to stay and shows how he cares about the people there, which is more then you can say for Ratched, who like OMW, seems to care more about the rules of a ward/forum then its patients/members.

Is that enough comparisons for you? I hope so.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
After all the stories about horrifying behaviour by its members, I've only received one death threat in 10 posts. And it was part of the welcome to INTPc. They're...nice...over there!

Only one?

They musn't like you very much...

OrionzRevenge

MBTI Type
INTP
EDIT: Oh, hi, Orion. ;)

woe is me,
always an afterthought. :)

Miss Ratched/OMW is completely trusted by the Psychiatrists/Administrators and given unsupervised reign over the whole ward/forum.

omw is out front because no one else wants to deal with it. When it comes to bans, she is but one voice and it takes several in agreement.

Patients/Members avoid upsetting her because they know she has the authority to send patients/members upstairs/purgatory where patients/members can end up dead/banned.

I defy you to list these trembling members huddled in fear of omw. Many have disagreed vociferously with her (When there is a reason to disagree) and anyone too timid to do so shouldn't be there anyway.

Failing to provide said list, I suggest this indicates broad tacit agreement with how things are being handled.

Bobble

MBTI Type
xxxx
Enneagram
?
omw is out front because no one else wants to deal with it. When it comes to bans, she is but one voice and it takes several in agreement.

I defy you to list these trembling members huddled in fear of omw. Many have disagreed vociferously with her (When there is a reason to disagree) and anyone too timid to do so shouldn't be there anyway.

Failing to provide said list, I suggest this indicates broad tacit agreement with how things are being handled.

* omw is out front because no one else wants to deal with it.

^ Same as Miss Ratched.

* When it comes to bans, she is but one voice and it takes several in agreement.

^ One very influential voice that others side with due to the fact that she's out front so she would know better and they don't really deal with it already and learned to trust her assumption.

She is usually out in front by herself so you know that trust in her is already established. When you have people who already don't show much interest to begin with and you know these people trust your judgment then you know that you can swing at least some of the votes your way.

Like the scene where the doctors were deciding what to do with MacMurphy, they all had their own opinion as to what to do with him, remember? And whose opinion did they end up going with?

Oh yeah, Miss Ratchads.

Plus I never said she would ban people, I said pissing her off can lead to your banning.

* I defy you to list these trembling members huddled in fear of omw. Many have disagreed vociferously with her (When there is a reason to disagree) and anyone too timid to do so shouldn't be there anyway.

^ I never said that. I said members avoid upsetting her, like the way the patients would do with Ratched.

* Failing to provide said list, I suggest this indicates broad tacit agreement with how things are being handled.

^ my previous answer renders this pointless.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
woe is me,
always an afterthought. :)

I put you as an aside because I just didn't want anyone to suspect the electric surge of joy and ecstasty that shot down to the tips of my toes and made my face light up in bright irridescent joy at the mere mention of your name on this forum, a name that beats wildly within the fleshy confines of my overflowing heart and fills the empty nooks and crannies of my expansive mind....

... of course, now I've just rather blummoxed all that to heck and back, haven't I?

* omw is out front because no one else wants to deal with it.

^ Same as Miss Ratched.

* When it comes to bans, she is but one voice and it takes several in agreement.

^ One very influential voice that others side with due to the fact that she's out front so she would know better and they don't really deal with it already and learned to trust her assumption.

She is usually out in front by herself so you know that trust in her is already established. When you have people who already don't show much interest to begin with and you know these people trust your judgment then you know that you can swing at least some of the votes your way.

Like the scene where the doctors were deciding what to do with MacMurphy, they all had their own opinion as to what to do with him, remember? And whose opinion did they end up going with?

Oh yeah, Miss Ratchads.

Plus I never said she would ban people, I said pissing her off can lead to your banning.

* I defy you to list these trembling members huddled in fear of omw. Many have disagreed vociferously with her (When there is a reason to disagree) and anyone too timid to do so shouldn't be there anyway.

^ I never said that. I said members avoid upsetting her, like the way the patients would do with Ratched.

* Failing to provide said list, I suggest this indicates broad tacit agreement with how things are being handled.

^ my previous answer renders this pointless.

It sounds like you're really stuck on making this metaphor work for you.

Bobble

MBTI Type
xxxx
Enneagram
?
:evilgenius: OrionzRevenge, what are you trying to do?

Give it up already, because I have done more then prove my point. :9436:

OrionzRevenge

MBTI Type
INTP
I put you as an aside because I just didn't want anyone to suspect the electric surge of joy and ecstasty that shot down to the tips of my toes and made my face light up in bright irridescent joy at the mere mention of your name on this forum, a name that beats wildly within the fleshy confines of my overflowing heart and fills the empty nooks and crannies of my expansive mind....

... of course, now I've just rather blummoxed all that to heck and back, haven't I?

*SouthPark Stare*

:)

:evilgenius: OrionzRevenge, what are you trying to do?

Give it up already, because I have done more then prove my point. :9436:

Bobble Bobble, Toil and Trobble
One very influential voice that others side with due to the fact that she's out front so she would know better and they don't really deal with it already and learned to trust her assumption.

These are assumptions, but let's assume they are true.
So What?

We experimented with a more democratic method of management but it didn't work out.
Someone has to be at the wheel.

Let's also assume that you are correct about a group of members who feel intimidated/inhibited by the situation. If so, as JonnyBoy said, the best move is to leave.
Why would they stay if this assumption was true???

INTPc is simply never going to be a One-Size-Fits-All
...no matter who is at the wheel.

BTW: I don't give much credence to the two aforementioned assumptions, but the only way to more perfectly resolve the matter would be to do as MacG suggested and hoist the OP over there.

Last edited: