• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] INTPc reminds me of one flew over the cocos nest!

Bobble

MBTI Type
xxxx
Enneagram
?
And therein lies the rub. The concept of right and wrong when viewing other societies. Time to get off the Fi horse and start accepting. Otherwise you're reinventing Vietnam and Iraq.

But what if you're part of that society, should Americans have not protested against slavery and sexism? These too are groups that discriminate.

Are you saying we should never question our own society?

Don't get me wrong. My instinct is to defend INTPc but why? Is this how other discriminating groups think?

If that's the case, then no wonder they see us as the villain. Because we seem so wrong.

OrionzRevenge

MBTI Type
INTP
As Jennifer has stated, there are justifiable criticisms ....

No argument here about that.

when I first joined, I was like: This place is really anal about being exclusive, and I think a lot of new members have the same reaction. But if I may offer a metaphor of my own to explain the evolution that I underwent.

=======================================================
You are not a Cat person, but one day a hungry stray kitten shows up and you grunt as you place a bowl of food on the porch. He is a bit annoying but slowly you both become attached.
So now you wake in the mornings to find that he has brought you gifts of dead birds, mice, and whatnot that he has left bleeding all over your welcome mat.
Getting tired of feathers and coughed up mouse balls, you grunt heavily as you decide to accommodate him as a house cat. However, you come home to find that he has ripped down the curtains and shit on the kitchen table, and in a fit of rage you toss him out and shoo him from the porch. You also sit his food bowl at the end of the driveway and determine not to allow him near the porch.

Only, you live on a busy street and you wake one day to see him laying in the road as a train of cars grinds him to dust.

After reliving this tale several times, you decide it is best to just throw rocks at strays.

Bobble

MBTI Type
xxxx
Enneagram
?
I was taught that words like hate, discriminate, superiority, humiliation, violence (including verbal) and other words like this, are negative words and should not be tolerated and never accepted. Are you saying th
HTML:
at's wrong and those word aren't negative?

Or maybe your saying they are sometimes negative?

rav3n

But what if you're part of that society, should Americans have not protested against slavery and sexism? These too are groups that discriminate.

Are you saying we should never question our own society?

Don't get me wrong. My instinct is to defend INTPc but why? Is this how other discriminating groups think?

If that's the case, then now wonder they see us as the villain. Because we seem so wrong.
I'm curious and forgive me for being lazy in not reading every post in this thread but why here and not there? If you're within, why not start a revolution within? Is it possible other members are relatively satisfied with status quo? Or are you hoping to rally the TypeC troops for a coup?

Ha ha...OrionzRevenge! Can't decide what my limited experience on INTPc means. Need to observe more. Feel like an amoeba in a petrie dish, where tiny bits of paramecium are being fed to me to see if I'll bite.

Bobble

MBTI Type
xxxx
Enneagram
?
I'm curious and forgive me for being lazy in not reading every post in this thread but why here and not there? If you're within, why not start a revolution within? Is it possible other members are relatively satisfied with status quo? Or are you hoping to rally the TypeC troops for a coup?

Ha ha...OrionzRevenge! Can't decide what my limited experience on INTPc means. Need to observe more. Feel like an amoeba in a petrie dish, where tiny bits of paramecium are being fed to me to see if I'll bite.

Who's to say I'm not within?

A huge amount of INTPc members are also members here. And the fact that I know that a thread with our forum's name in it is pretty much irresistible to us, all I would have to do is create a thread like that and have the attention of my forum here.

Why here? Because we have been taught to instantly attack this discussions and this type of post.

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL
Complaining to Typology Central about INTP Central is like one complaining to the fire department about poor ambulance driving by the emergency medical service.:mellow:

Bobble

MBTI Type
xxxx
Enneagram
?
Complaining to Typology Central about INTP Central is like one complaining to the fire department about poor ambulance driving by the emergency medical service.:mellow:

Well, you are right but I got sidetracked I was only giving an example of why someone might chose to complain here.

That was my fault for going off topic. I apologize.

What I have said numerous times before, I am not attacking the site and in fact I would normally defend it but I am some what curious as to why our actions are acceptable and yet not at the same time.

Bobble

MBTI Type
xxxx
Enneagram
?
I was taught that words like hate, discriminate, superiority, humiliation, violence (including verbal) and other words like this, are negative words and should not be tolerated and never accepted. Are you saying th
HTML:
at's wrong and those word aren't negative?

Or maybe your saying they are sometimes negative?

I actually starting to see that these things are looked at as wrong online as well and have nothing to do with INTPs.

Not accepting other types is understandable because we are trying to figure out who we our but the treatment others receive from us is wrong. Their are other ways to do this but attacking people that way and the actions we express on their would make INTPc a hate group by definition a least.

Bobble

MBTI Type
xxxx
Enneagram
?
I actually starting to see that these things are looked at as wrong online as well and have nothing to do with INTPs.

Not accepting other types is understandable because we are trying to figure out who we our but the treatment others receive from us is wrong. Their are other ways to do this but attacking people that way and the actions we express on their would make INTPc a hate group by definition a least.

And since these are not the normal reactions of its members then who is to blame?

Should it fall onto the forum since it is allowing this unacceptable behavior?

Who's to blame for these actions? Is it the people or the society?

Other INTP forums, which could be considered another societies of the same type, shows that those actions are as bad as a society allows them to be.

Bobble

MBTI Type
xxxx
Enneagram
?
And since these are not the normal reactions of its members then who is to blame?

Should it fall onto the forum since it is allowing this unacceptable behavior?

Who's to blame for these actions? Is it the people or the society?

Other INTP forums, which could be considered another societies of the same type, shows that those actions are as bad as a society allows them to be.

And again, I'm not attacking INTPc. The world as a whole would resemble INTPc. But the way other forums of similar groups show us that hatred like that is not the norm and we don't have to accept it as just the way mankind is, is interesting.

It actually seems to be the exception and not the rule.

Bobble

MBTI Type
xxxx
Enneagram
?
I guess the answer is that, it's our society and we can do with it as we please and that must be what we want our society to be.

I just thought it wasn't for some reason.

Bobble

MBTI Type
xxxx
Enneagram
?
If such a simple solution to a problem seems to be so far beyond our comprehension that we assume it to be impossible then we're screwed and we got a long way to go.

Learning whats right and wrong is something kids learn before they start school. We haven't even started to learn yet.

If to be against hatred is to be on the losing side of that argument then something's wrong.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
In the interest of science, I spent about a half hour at INTPc just to see what the deal was. I left feeling strangely claustrophobic.

The news feed on the front page is pretty excellent, though.

Bobble

MBTI Type
xxxx
Enneagram
?
^ Becaue we're closed in over there. You can feel the restriction?

We're judging your post though, just lurk the site or if you're feeling comfortable, start posting.

Originality is the hardest to pull off. If one of us starts to disagree with you, speak your mind but be very careful with the egos. Some of them are very fragile. Don't one up anyone to hard, if you do.

Stay away from the cocky members. Those are our forum trolls. They get away with murder and you'll pay for reacting.