• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ENFPs think they're so smart

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Alright, I don't wanna ruin anyone's fun but I'd like to clear up that this thread was born out of me prodding the INTJ OP with a stick. I repped him that his three reasons why people hated INTJs in this thread didn't apply to ENFPs due to his second bullet point underneath. After that, we had nice little banter session back and forth where I challenged him to verify with his fellow INTJs the exact effect an ENFP could have on an INTJ (and vice versa)
FWIW, there is much truth in uncommon's post referenced here. Some of us just had more success avoiding being dragged down into "normalcy".

INTJs are supposedly not interested in people at all and get easily annoyed at them. Getting a smile out of them costs actual effort. How can you resist trying to make 'em grin against their will? :devil:

Noting cuter than seeing that stern look desperately trying to stick around while that grin starts emerging...and nothign more fun than seeing that befuddled and annoying look on their faces when they realize that they're not going to stop the annoying human in front of them from affecting them.
On target, as usual. I have learned to hate/dread these moments, and to develop improved defenses against them.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
FWIW, there is much truth in uncommon's post referenced here. Some of us just had more success avoiding being dragged down into "normalcy".

On target, as usual. I have learned to hate/dread these moments, and to develop improved defenses against them.

It's interesting that you dread them. Why is that? I've found that, providing I've got a bond with the INTJ in question, they actually tend to enjoy that game and come and ask for it. Also, it's not like I believe that they are poor little introverts that need to be dragged out of their shell and shown the light. I'm just curious about what's on the inside and have noticed that they seem to be ok with the way I seek to gain access to that knowledge and even enjoy it. And yes..the struggle of them making that decision can be endearing to watch as it tends to confuse them when it happens for the first time, ime.

As for his original post, sure it holds truth. I dunno about other ENFPs, but I *know* that it's the INTJ's choice to let me in. However, I'd like to think my talents lie in convincing them that it *is* in fact a good idea to let me in and to have someone who's generally distrusting of people take a chance on me. While I may tease and brag about this, I would never take advantage of that chance they give me.

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's interesting that you dread them. Why is that? I've found that, providing I've got a bond with the INTJ in question, they actually tend to enjoy that game and come and ask for it. Also, it's not like I believe that they are poor little introverts that need to be dragged out of their shell and shown the light. I'm just curious about what's on the inside and have noticed that they seem to be ok with the way I seek to gain access to that knowledge and even enjoy it. And yes..the struggle of them making that decision can be endearing to watch as it tends to confuse them when it happens for the first time, ime.
I form this kind of a bond with very few people, and my comments above apply to people in general. I prefer to be in control of my reactions, rather than being made to be expressive against my will. I can usually see this coming, and if sufficiently irritated, will play my own game of avoiding the desired reaction, to the dismay and confusion of the other person. If I am close to someone, I already feel more comfortable being expressive around them, and see the situations you describe as welcome exercises in this. But this is my choice/decision.

I dunno about other ENFPs, but I *know* that it's the INTJ's choice to let me in. However, I'd like to think my talents lie in convincing them that it *is* in fact a good idea to let me in and to have someone who's generally distrusting of people take a chance on me.
I don't know about other INTJs, but I do take some convincing. I am not about to open up to someone unless they seem genuinely interested. This is not a sufficient condition, but it is necessary.

uncommonentity

I *know* that it's the INTJ's choice to let me in. However, I'd like to think my talents lie in convincing them that it *is* in fact a good idea to let me in/

Contradictory statements? Sorry to burst your bubble but it's impossible to convince an INTJ. We only listen to ourselves. It's one of our main issues. We get ourselves into trouble because we don't listen to anyone else. We like to find things out for ourselves. We're the kind to jam knives into the toaster just to make sure humans actually do get electrocuted. We loco. However, we willingly cross lines the human population consider stupid just to see what happens. Two times out of ten we'll find out undiscovered information which we then use to our advantage. You'd then think the easiest way to get us to do something you want is to tell us we can't do it. Unfortunatley, we know we can and can't do and again the choice is left in our hands to pursue it (if we want to).

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
We only listen to ourselves. It's one of our main issues. We get ourselves into trouble because we don't listen to anyone else.

I disagree. Just because you disregard information after you find it not worth keeping doesn't mean that you didn't take it in originally.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Contradictory statements? Sorry to burst your bubble but it's impossible to convince an INTJ. We only listen to ourselves. It's one of our main issues. We get ourselves into trouble because we don't listen to anyone else. We like to find things out for ourselves. We're the kind to jam knives into the toaster just to make sure humans actually do get electrocuted. We loco.

You, young man, have much to learn.

A wise INTJ would never jam knives into the toaster just to make sure humans actually do get electrocuted.

A wise INTJ would convince an ESFP to do it, then observe the results.

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
We don't listen to what others tell us to do, but we do observe and evaluate what the external world presents us. The wise ENFP will therefore not tell us they are too good to pass up, they will instead demonstrate qualities that we find appealing in some way*. It is our decision, but a decision influenced by available facts and reason, and the ENFP can influence what is available.

*such as showing they are not so gullible as to be convinced to jam knives in a toaster

FunnyDigestion

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
my favorite thing about an ENFP is when they grow a little goatee & the INTJ becomes the DJ

goin for an instant replay as the police fall heavy to the duo like a chevy as they run back to get their gun black & drum backs to spit their gum back

aahahahahahaha when did i type this

so good

i'm a rapstar

-----------------------

INTJs rule, ENFPs break the rules, & INFPs break tha tools pity tha foolz.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
i do not break the -

nevermind.

LOL :laugh:

It's amazing how you can be so sweet and serene, and wise in some posts and go fullblown Ne when you get a chance :devil:

:laugh: ;)

RELEASE THE KRAKEN

Alright, I don't wanna ruin anyone's fun but I'd like to clear up that this thread was born out of me prodding the INTJ OP with a stick. I repped him that his three reasons why people hated INTJs in this thread didn't apply to ENFPs due to his second bullet point underneath. After that, we had nice little banter session back and forth where I challenged him to verify with his fellow INTJs the exact effect an ENFP could have on an INTJ (and vice versa). :devil:

The result was that he felt I was being a smart-ass..which I was. :laugh:

*tags a :kick me: onto Uncommonentity's back and runs* :smile:

As for skylight's remark on being challenged by INTJs, I'll add one more thing:

INTJs are supposedly not interested in people at all and get easily annoyed at them. Getting a smile out of them costs actual effort. How can you resist trying to make 'em grin against their will? :devil:

Noting cuter than seeing that stern look desperately trying to stick around while that grin starts emerging...and nothign more fun than seeing that befuddled and annoying look on their faces when they realize that they're not going to stop the annoying human in front of them from affecting them.

Ok, time to run and hide :ninja: :peepwall:

*giggles*

i think that's why INTJs are so fun. the things that can be so repulsive about them to other people are intriguing to a lot of ENFPs. also their little Fi is cute.

Thus spoke Zarathustra.

:rofl1:

cheesy, but well done

Also, it's not like I believe that they are poor little introverts that need to be dragged out of their shell and shown the light. I'm just curious about what's on the inside

+1

A wise INTJ would never jam knives into the toaster just to make sure humans actually do get electrocuted.

this is why Ni is fucking terrifying.

also no one tell me he's joking. i know my ENFJ friend really does set up scenarios like this. like "let's see what happens when..."

also i'm torn between thinking this is kind of sad, obnoxious, or in jest. par for the course in dealings with INTJs, i suppose ;)

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
also i'm torn between thinking this is kind of sad, obnoxious, or in jest. par for the course in dealings with INTJs, i suppose ;)
It contains far more truth than jest; obnoxiousness is in the eye of the beholder.

Moxiest

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram

Ok, time to run and hide :ninja: :peepwall:

*giggles*

Agreed :)

Hug

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
My brother is an INTJ/P and he is by far the smartest person I've ever met, I am an ENFP and I am too quite smart. Both my sisters are smart and they are ESTJ and ESFJ. I don't believe type has much to do with smartness, just how it is used. For example, I write (an am damn good at it), I can befriend anyone I want to while still being myself, and I just generally understand the fuck out of people, while my brother is adept at finding flaws in anything and fixing them, he's brilliant. Oh and I scored Higher than him on SAT's he got in the 1900's I scored in the 2000's. I think I am my older simblings' eclectic.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
My brother is an INTJ/P and he is by far the smartest person I've ever met, I am an ENFP and I am too quite smart. Both my sisters are smart and they are ESTJ and ESFJ. I don't believe type has much to do with smartness, just how it is used. For example, I write (an am damn good at it), I can befriend anyone I want to while still being myself, and I just generally understand the fuck out of people, while my brother is adept at finding flaws in anything and fixing them, he's brilliant. Oh and I scored Higher than him on SAT's he got in the 1900's I scored in the 2000's. I think I am my older simblings' eclectic.

rather try being not so smart thats way smarter in the long run.

S

Society

huh, took me a moment here to realize that the ENFP/INTJ mythic combo is the equivilent of the ENTP/INFJ mythic combo. opposite directions for the dom/inferior and opposite order for Te/Fi...

i am with rex on this one: screw with the mythical pairing!
i don't need an INFJ, i can be doorslammed by any type i want!

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8

:rofl1:

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
1) ENFPs usually are pretty smart :D
2) NTs are usually wwwway more guilty of this than NFs (not that I mind, I would rather be around someone who is confident in their abilities. people who lack confidence are weak and economically worthless)
How do you build confidence?
I used to have it when I was younger...

JClassic

MBTI Type
ENTJ
ENFP-INTJ
I'm not sure why it is they believe they've earnt some mystical power after we let one of them in. It's not as if we're impossibly cold to the point we don't open up to anyone ever. We're just selective. They may think they've got the upperhand by sneaking past our walls in a metal gear solid style cardboard box but christ we knew you were in the box to begin with. We let you in on the off chance you don't take advantage of your ability to cause us to have a boom-boom in our diaper and then you go and do it. Maybe the ultimate troll.

33tnic7.png

Yeah, all types can be smart. But only one type is most successful statistically speaking (ENTJ).