• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Ask Jim Anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
Extremely interesting link is extremely interesting. Lessons learnt from the NASA heart* pump?
I just looked that up. It sounds like that's the case. Too bad many politicians think NASA funding isn't a worthwhile investment.

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
I just looked that up. It sounds like that's the case. Too bad many politicians think NASA funding isn't a worthwhile investment.

Indeed, a major pity, especially considering the results of the NASA programs such as the billions of dollars worth of satellites providing direct value to the economy daily never mind the indirect benefits of the scientific knowledge and advances.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
What was your last job Jim?

And what would be your ideal next job?

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
How long has it been since you worked at the petrol station?

Who is your favorite relative and why? (of course, names not needed, just brother, sister, ma etc)

Oh and I have always wanted to ask you - did you choose your username from this "toy":

151484_pet_1251849968.jpg

Or Invisible Jim Crow?

What does your username represent to you?

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
How long has it been since you worked at the petrol station?

Who is your favorite relative and why? (of course, names not needed, just brother, sister, ma etc)

Oh and I have always wanted to ask you - did you choose your username from this "toy":

151484_pet_1251849968.jpg

Or Invisible Jim Crow?

What does your username represent to you?

About 5 years, I worked there for about 3.

My favourite relative is my brother. We INTJ jive together and have very similar likes and dislikes and ways of viewing the world.

In part yes.

My username is a way for people to associate my actions and demeanor with me. It is a symbolic lodestone. The actual content and context of the username is unimportant. I find it disturbing when people can't keep hold of a username.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
It's been 5 years since you last had a job? Or am I reading that wrong ... ?

What was the last job you had related to your educational expertise? My brother is a chem eng, and he has had such a struggle in that choice.

[MENTION=8585]InvisibleJim[/MENTION]
I find it disturbing when people can't keep hold of a username.

When someone changes their name, do you find it changes the way you perceive or think about them?

Is your brother older or younger than you?

Who was your childhood hero?

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
It's been 5 years since you last had a job? Or am I reading that wrong ... ?

What was the last job you had related to your educational expertise? My brother is a chem eng, and he has had such a struggle in that choice.

[MENTION=8585]InvisibleJim[/MENTION]

When someone changes their name, do you find it changes the way you perceive or think about them?

Is your brother older or younger than you?

Who was your childhood hero?

LOL, no, that is my last long term job. I worked in a petrol station for 3 years, then for the 2 years afterwards I worked for during summers as an intern and wrote my thesis which was an industry placement. For the last 3 years after graduation I've been working consulting in the oil and gas industry in the UK and the middle east in numerous roles for the same company.

Chemical/process engineering isn't that hard, but I guess it is suited to my mindset.

Yes, because it loses the existing value in that name, it is more tricky when they continually change because they lose credibility.

My brother is older than me.

I don't/didn't have a childhood hero.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Ah thanks for clarifying. So I take it then right now you are in-between contracts? Do you have a contract coming up?

Aside: My brother is 43 btw; his choice in chem eng was badly timed, as many were being laid off when he graduated (and for many years afterward). He's found himself looking for work much more often than he would like, that's for sure. :)

Do people lose credibility in your eyes when they personally change / grow / evolve? If changing your username is a reflection of that process, do you still feel them less credible?

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
Ah thanks for clarifying. So I take it then right now you are in-between contracts? Do you have a contract coming up?

Aside: My brother is 43 btw; his choice in chem eng was badly timed, as many were being laid off when he graduated (and for many years afterward). He's found himself looking for work much more often than he would like, that's for sure. :)

Do people lose credibility in your eyes when they personally change / grow / evolve? If changing your username is a reflection of that process, do you still feel them less credible?

Nope, I'm currently working on 3 contracts and I'm staff, not independent.

Yes, thats pretty old for career building, I'm 26.

I turn you back about 20 pages regarding hiding/attempting to change the past. If someone wishes to hide the positive connotations that can be more severe than the negative!

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Nope, I'm currently working on 3 contracts and I'm staff, not independent.

Interesting, so that keeps you quite busy then? Is it difficult doing three at once?

Yes, thats pretty old for career building, I'm 26.

Sorry, I am not explaining this well - he graduated over 20 years ago. It's been a personally frustrating field for him I think.

I turn you back about 20 pages regarding hiding/attempting to change the past. If someone wishes to hide the positive connotations that can be more severe than the negative!

Post link? :)

What other things happen on the forum that cause forumers to lose credibility in your eyes? (Without details of course.)

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
Interesting, so that keeps you quite busy then? Is it difficult doing three at once?

Sorry, I am not explaining this well - he graduated over 20 years ago. It's been a personally frustrating field for him I think.

Post link? :)

What other things happen on the forum that cause forumers to lose credibility in your eyes? (Without details of course.)

Stressful/annoying depends on how much time is *really* required on each project which is usually not a fixed quantity. Difficult, no, not difficult at all.

Jim brings the post to you.

In regards to how to fall out of favor with an INTJ - what makes the list that may be unusual, if anything? (Not intending to pry into your situation, just in general I am curious.) And by unusual I mean... I think it's safe to say that lying, cheating, etc are on the list...

The usual applies. It's a dangerous game for INTJs because when you are 'in' we will willingly cross the country to solve a momentary problem and mobilize the army if required, that is easily within our ability if it is proportionate. However, if you have been to that level then you break the premise of it by specifically revealing the past basis and the origin of the friendship to have been lying and cheating etc. that would be the easiest way to earn that sweet spot of hatred and indifference which is designed to make in no clear means known that you are no longer welcome within gunshot distance and the traditional death stare.

Get involved/take sides in personal squabbles that have no impact on them. The most significant one of those was where I caught someone who is a regular user of the forum here travelling to other forums to harass someone else on behalf of their friend. Massive loss of respect and then you only had to peel back the skin to see the rot inside. Moderation staff are excepted with regards to intervention, unless they are unfair about it, of course, but one doesn't take sides in the debate; one points out the need for fairness in moderation.

Do you make distinctions between casual friends and close friends or do you approach all friendships with the same level of intensity?

Do people take likings to you and presume that you reciprocate to the same degree? When they start making demands on your time and attention that you are either unable or unwilling to give, how do you tell them to piss off?

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
Do people take likings to you and presume that you reciprocate to the same degree? When they start making demands on your time and attention that you are either unable or unwilling to give, how do you tell them to piss off?

This happens. I try to keep them at an appropriate distance; this is difficult if not impossible.

However, this is an almost universal problem; not exclusive to me or any type or anyone!

I've don't tell people to piss off who haven't done something vindictive in my eyes; when I do so it is very clear why I am telling them to piss off.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Stressful/annoying depends on how much time is *really* required on each project which is usually not a fixed quantity. Difficult, no, not difficult at all.

Do any of your contracts conflict with each other / monopoloze your time?

What to you is the difference between stressful and difficult?

Jim brings the post to you.

Gracias.

Get involved/take sides in personal squabbles that have no impact on them. The most significant one of those was where I caught someone who is a regular user of the forum here travelling to other forums to harass someone else on behalf of their friend. Massive loss of respect and then you only had to peel back the skin to see the rot inside. Moderation staff are excepted with regards to intervention, unless they are unfair about it, of course, but one doesn't take sides in the debate; one points out the need for fairness in moderation.

Anything else you can think of?

Would you say fairness is a big part of this on an individual level, and how do you see that impacting the community level?

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
Do any of your contracts conflict with each other / monopoloze your time?

What to you is the difference between stressful and difficult?

Anything else you can think of?

Would you say fairness is a big part of this on an individual level, and how do you see that impacting the community level?

Oh yes! Today I was 'theoretically' booking to 3 projects for 8 hours a day each.... hmmm? ORLY. No thanks, 8 hours pls. The problem with my line of work is that you are unpopular then extremely busy. Happy medium is a foreign idea.

Difficult would be technically difficult, stressful would be having to deal with undeliverable promises.

Not really.

I guess it can be and it can do.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Sounds like the dr's office triple booking there! :laugh:

So if fairness is a part of "credibility loss" in your eyes - people aren't fair to each other, aren't honest, don't evenly apply the rules to everyone - what do you think could cause other people to lose credibility in you? Do you feel you do anything that could contribute to this happening (here or anywhere really)?

This happens. I try to keep them at an appropriate distance; this is difficult if not impossible.

However, this is an almost universal problem; not exclusive to me or any type or anyone!

I've don't tell people to piss off who haven't done something vindictive in my eyes; when I do so it is very clear why I am telling them to piss off.

I wasn't suggesting that it was a type-specific problem by any means; I was just wondering if you (and perhaps other INTJs) had particular strategies for nipping these situations in the bud before any sort of resentment starts building up.

Status
Not open for further replies.