• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Ask Jim Anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gish

Which side are you on?
MBTI Type
PTSD
Why y'all hatin' on the brother? Jim just tryna get his penguin dick wet.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
1) Why is a fighter jet needed to answer simple questions about a post?

And some people say we INTP's are the crazy ones. Heh. Battle of the ages.................right here on TypoC! Tune in next time as an F-18 Hornet does battle with little boys throwing pebbles from a deserted beach. I don't get it. You'd think there'd be bigger fish to fry in the world for the fighter jet. Larger, more important undertakings than online forums.

Oh well.

Question: What is your fighter pilot call sign?

Nite Jimbo.

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
1) Why is a fighter jet needed to answer simple questions about a post?
2) WHY?
3) Then if one enjoys playing martyr, one enjoys being a victim. If one seeks out victimization, is it even accurate to call it victimization?
4) How do you know they read THAT SPECIFIC POST? You only provided suspect thread evidence. How were they supposed to know you wanted it dealt with when you made no overt communication about it?

1) Because
2) Because
3) So what?
4) That's not my job to tell them to deal with it, the past times I have asked them to deal with it I've been told to shut up and stop being a mod. Getting it yet?

Would you be willing to work with others to make the forum a better place, or do you prefer to fight the good fight all by your lonesome? In all honesty, I have a righteous streak that I would love to exercise for a good cause, if only I could comprehend and emotionally relate; you need only take a bit of time to translate your experience into a language that resonates with me, and I'd be willing to fight along side you.

The last time I attempted to make this forum a better place, in which I even invited the Admins into the party Ivy decided to trash my intellectual headspace. So, no, fool me once shame on you, but I'm not that masochistic to do so again.

Why y'all hatin' on the brother? Jim just tryna get his penguin dick wet.

As promised earlier.

That is not a question. Obey the thread please rather than making non-discursive statements. Every time an IxTP enters the thread to do this I will be posting the following quote.

IxTP said:
Wank wank wank

Question: What is your fighter pilot call sign?

Nite Jimbo.

InvisibleJim.

Good Afternoon INTPness

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Jim,

I owe you an apology for my antagonistic posts in this thread. The thread started out very fun, entertaining, and informative and has quickly turned into............something else that I can't really find an English word for. But, for provoking you, I do apologize, as I don't wish that to be my normal style of operating.

*returns to "Ask an INTJ" thread for future insights into the INTJ mind*

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
Jim,

I owe you an apology for my antagonistic posts in this thread. The thread started out very fun, entertaining, and informative and has quickly turned into............something else that I can't really find an English word for. But, for provoking you, I do apologize, as I don't wish that to be my normal style of operating.

*returns to "Ask an INTJ" thread for future insights into the INTJ mind*

Cute and welcome but also unneccassary. I thought you have behaved quite well.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's not my job to tell them to deal with it, the past times I have asked them to deal with it I've been told to shut up and stop being a mod. Getting it yet?

Why do ask the impossible?

Qre:us

Behaviours manifested are common across all types, the "hows", in terms of motivation and attitudes would likely differ. Given this:

- How would an INTJ manifest attention-seeking behaviour? How much of it, do you think, is the death-grip of Fi, spinning out of control?
- How would they rationalize such egocentricity ("Fi")? Would they rationalize it so that it appears that the attention drawn is to an "issue" rather than to the individual? To appear more noble in cause?
- What is being reinforced through such attention, for an INTJ?

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
Why do ask the impossible?

Impossible not. Lack of will not impossible ask.

Behaviours manifested are common across all types, the "hows", in terms of motivation and attitudes would likely differ. Given this:

- How would an INTJ manifest attention-seeking behaviour? How much of it, do you think, is the death-grip of Fi, spinning out of control?
- How would they rationalize such egocentricity ("Fi")? Would they rationalize it so that it appears that the attention drawn is to an "issue" rather than to the individual? To appear more noble in cause?
- What is being reinforced through such attention, for an INTJ?

You don't understand enough about cognitive functioning to understand how it links to the id, what you see as attention-seeking behaviour (after all, you are Fi PoLR) is the to the Fi tertiary their true feelings being shown. You are offended because it is in your nature to be the attention seeker.

Nothing is reinforced through such attention for an IxTJ other than the gathering of information in that if the logic presented is ignored then those who are responsible are cretins, cheats etc. and if they respect it they gain prestige. Quite the opposite to the ExTP where being willing to admit a failing is a weakness whereas being able to slink out of it is a strength.

A

Anew Leaf

If you guys don't agree with Jim's perspective on things, then let it go. The universe is not going to implode because opposing ideas are being held captive like canaries in everyone's skulls.

It's his thread to have fun in, and it was fun until this bizarre Ti vs Ni battle began.

Question: If you could bring an extinct animal back, which one would you choose?
Question: What planet in our solar system would you most like to visit?
Question: Do INTJs prefer honest assessments, even if they are blunt, to sugar coating?

:)

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If you guys don't agree with Jim's perspective on things, then let it go. The universe is not going to implode because opposing ideas are being held captive like canaries in everyone's skulls.

If he was capable of explaining his perspective logically, I would. Is that too much to ask of an INTJ?

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
Why do you expect special treatment then?

Because it is not special, not in the request, as you admitted yesterday or indeed out of sync with existing actions.

If he was capable of explaining his perspective logically, I would. Is that too much to ask of an INTJ?

Sigh, I will repeat this post for you, because you are embarrassed and you are starting to cry a lot. It's unflattering and it'll give you time to back out and think.

I believe you have been attempted to logically box me into a position of 'admitting' it is me who has the problem.

First, you started off trying to logically show that it was just me who had the problem. I then provided a sample of visible proof and stated truthfully that I had discussion with other members which was also proof.

Then you went to great lengths to try to draw teeth and prove to me the moderators were not biased, you then admitted they were after I provided truth that they were so.

You are then trying to excuse all of these failings by trying to pretend the moderators did not read the post even when I have already provided to you the record (which was recorded on the very post I made here!) regarding their activity.

However now you are willing to admit your own assumption is that the mods are incompetent and spitting teeth because I haven't answered your questions directly, instead providing you with an evidence based solution not based on the twin scientific principles of star maths and fuzzy thinking. All I have done is open the doors to the truth and you have agreed upon inspection and principle that my viewpoint is accurate.

It's his thread to have fun in, and it was fun until this bizarre Ti vs Ni battle began.

Question: If you could bring an extinct animal back, which one would you choose?
Question: What planet in our solar system would you most like to visit?
Question: Do INTJs prefer honest assessments, even if they are blunt, to sugar coating?

1) I would bring back the Sabertooth tiger, because tigers are awesome
2) I'm going to cheat and name a moon, Ganymede
3) Honesty is the best policy. Sugar coating doesn't really impact the value of the assessment.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Because it is not special, not in the request, as you admitted yesterday or indeed out of sync with existing actions.

Isn't that why you actually have to make the request rather than magically waiting for someone to read your mind?

A

Anew Leaf

It's clear to me that both of you are eloquently explaining yourselves just fine as far as you both understand yourselves. The problem lays in the fact that you two aren't speaking the same language. It's like watching a UN debate where everyone's translator is barfing up their jejunum in the ladies toilet instead of helping their bosses hammer out some agreements between countries no one has ever heard of before.

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
Isn't that why you actually have to make the request rather than magically waiting for someone to read your mind?

Not when my posts are moved and molested explicitly without the request of other users. Therefore, no, you do not require a report for my business get interfered with.

It's clear to me that both of you are eloquently explaining yourselves just fine as far as you both understand yourselves. The problem lays in the fact that you two aren't speaking the same language. It's like watching a UN debate where everyone's translator is barfing up their jejunum in the ladies toilet instead of helping their bosses hammer out some agreements between countries no one has ever heard of before.

What you are observing is when an xxxP gets it into their head that they are going to 'tell someone they are wrong' and then the other person provides actual evidence that to an xxxJ would cause them to consider and ponder. The evidence bounces off because the extroverted judgement is in the Id, that should use that evidence is more willing to defer to a 'friend' than to actually do its work. The Id is self serving, it is not interested in compromise.

A

Anew Leaf

Sigh, I will repeat this post for you, because you are embarrassed and you are starting to cry a lot. It's unflattering and it'll give you time to back out and think.

1) I would bring back the Sabertooth tiger, because tigers are awesome
2) I'm going to cheat and name a moon, Ganymede
3) Honesty is the best policy. Sugar coating doesn't really impact the value of the assessment.

1- Nice choice!
2- Oh snap! You went there. I approve actually. It looks very pretty there... plus then you get to visit Jupiter at the same time. And since you can't feasibly land on Jupiter... this is the next best thing. :D
3- Excellent.

New Question:
1- Do you think the human body is inefficient? Considering that certain systems have a redundancy built into them, but other, crucial systems do not.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I am being as simple and straightforward as I can be using the English language. Or am I wrong?

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
New Question:
1- Do you think the human body is inefficient? Considering that certain systems have a redundancy built into them, but other, crucial systems do not.

An interesting question! Technically 'most' of these apparent ineffiencies are efficent. e.g. we can 'survive' with one eye but two eyes provide depth perspection and an appreciation of 3D. Or say? Why have 4 fingers and 1 thumb when 3 fingers and 1 thumb is fine? Because there is an evolutionary advantage in being able to lose a finger but still function! Evolutionary enough for the 4th finger to survive and thrive, but not enough for 5!

I am being as simple and straightforward as I can be using the English language. Or am I wrong?

You aren't to me, becuase you aren't providing evidence, merely dictating a dialogue. You'll never convince a cognitive J to listen to what you have to say if you are going to make implict assumptions. By contrast I am not being straightfoward to you because I am providing evidence but I am not providing an answer because I expect you to take the evidence and consider it at face value rather than telling you what to think or indeed what I think about that evidence becuase I feel I have stated it. This is doubley the problem because as an Ni-Se perceiver I see action, not categorisation whereas as an Ne-Si perceiver you see categorisation, not action, this makes me entirely foreign to you. [MENTION=13402]Saturned[/MENTION] is wise in the ways of the J's.

A

Anew Leaf

What I am saying is:

• You are both "right" from your own perspective.
  • You are missing the points he is making with his Ni, and that is causing this "discussion" to stagnate into Ti "This is illogical" and Ni "I have stated this abstract internal concept as externally as I possibly can."

I see a disconnect between both of you attempting to externalize your internal mode of processing to each other. I don't think IJ is trying to be as obtuse as he is coming off in his responses, Mac, I think that is how Ni operates. (I will be the first in line to say that I don't fully grasp what Ni is and does, so I am fully admitting to shooting in the dark here.)

TL;DR: It's a pointless argument about nothing. On. The. Internet.

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
Therefore the answer to your question:

InvisibleJim, why do you feel so persecuted?

Is that I feel persecuted because I have seen evidence that routinely shows I have been dealt with unfairly.

TL;DR: It's a pointless argument about nothing. On. The. Internet.

Improving a small thing today can be the catalyst to a gargantuan improvement tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.