• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Ask Jim Anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
I already read it, yet you still duck the questions.

Are you claiming to be a mind reader?

Simple. I have either seen them complain here about it, heres a nice LINK , or as I have stated above they have told me so directly.

How else do you find out anything? Magic wands? Wizard Hats? Gods sakes man.

R

RDF

Consider INTJ to be the sick Nozdromu, able to see the future whilst being cursed never to be able to avert it. Upon attempting to avert it only a worse outcome can occur unless we make it exclusively ourselves because we can open the door for others to see the truth but only the wise will ever see the truth in what we show them.

What you see as the biggest drama of your week is little more than my proverbial 2pm lunch meeting and little do you see how it all works out regardless because the future is always born of pain, loss and struggle. There is no empathy in heaven because there is no common goal, no common suffering and therefore no compassion. However, what can you do when all you can see is pain and loss, it is circular and a return to the sick Nozdromu again.

You see so few because so few are willing to view the pain of your past and of your future; it is more than enough to see it in their own surroundings never mind to hold it for others, but more importantly you are shunned and persecuted to see it and the trade-off between seeking heaven by just force and admitting that the very heaven you seek is hell itself.

The understandable answer: The answer to your question was just as little as you understood my requirement for you to answer my question for me, that is how well I am understood by those who talk with me and the pain they inflict upon me merely by me observing interaction, but more importantly seeing the impact of the decisions they chose and the pain that they inflict on others with things they consider as little more than 'bitching' and 'moaning' when it is pointed out.

[...]

Interesting rant. Looks like “Cassandra complex.”

What the Cassandra woman sees is something dark and painful that may not be apparent on the surface of things or that objective facts do not corroborate. She may envision a negative or unexpected outcome; or something which would be difficult to deal with; or a truth which others, especially authority figures, would not accept. In her frightened, ego-less state, the Cassandra woman may blurt out what she sees, perhaps with the unconscious hope that others might be able to make some sense of it. But to them her words sound meaningless, disconnected and blown out of all proportion.

From here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cassandra_(metaphor)

See also here for more background: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cassandra

“Cassandra complex” is more likely to be connected with ENFP women, i.e., as a type of hysteria. But I can see where it would show up in INTJ males, with their propensity to over-Ni things, leading sometimes to paranoid, conspiracy-oriented thinking.

INTJs need to remember to make an ongoing and daily effort to use Te to bounce ideas off others and keep their pet theories rooted in reality. See: http://www.personalitypage.com/html/INTJ_per.html

This isn’t a question; just a comment on an interesting post. Letting you know what it looks like from the outside.

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
INTJs need to remember to make an ongoing and daily effort to use Te to bounce ideas off others and keep their pet theories rooted in reality.

It would be assumption that it is not done so. It would be equivalent to the athiest who believes that just because there is no evidence to prove that god exists that it is impossible for god to exist or the theist who believes that just because there is no evidence to prove that god does not exist that it is therefore true that god exists. Either position is irrational.

The evidence, just like in business is that success breeds success.

roi-big-black-box.png

Always nice to see another INTP flapping about offering advice without even attempting to obey the rules of the thread however.

INTP flapper said:
Stop saying that, its too probabilistic or my pet peeve!! it hurts my ears!! QQ

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
Not at all. One makes judgements based on available evidence. There's no proof that leprechauns don't exist. But one judges anyway. It's not irrational at all.

The proof that Leprechauns do not exist is simply that considering the population density of humanity one has never been encountered to which the probability is minute and thus not worth countenancing. By contrast extradimensional dieties by definition are extradimensional. This is intuitive.

R

RDF

The proof that Leprechauns do not exist is simply that considering the population density of humanity one has never been encountered to which the probability is minute and thus not worth countenancing. By contrast extradimensional dieties by definition are extradimensional. This is intuitive.

In case you forgot, INTJs aren't extradimensional deities. :)

R

RDF

Oh, well. Like I said: Just letting you know what it looks like from down here in the peanut gallery. No offense meant, and none taken on my side.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Simple. I have either seen them complain here about it, heres a nice LINK , or as I have stated above they have told me so directly.

How else do you find out anything? Magic wands? Wizard Hats? Gods sakes man.

Is Edgar persecuted unfairly, or does he persecute others himself and have to deal with the consequences?

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
Is Edgar persecuted unfairly, or does he persecute others himself and have to deal with the consequences?

Considering the behaviour that some of the members of this forum are allowed to indulge in virtually or totally consequence free I believe that answer is a given.

Nicodemus

I'm not going to count an individuals type as more important than an individuals action. Logically, one cannot discuss the 'theoretical' INTJ without discussing the 'theoretical' INTJ. You can easily see who you can apply the 'theoretical' INTJ label to individuals, however, this does not make these individuals less 'individual' merely it assists you in mapping out how their thought process moves.
I take it that means 'yes'. I must say, though, that the degree of seriousness is not sufficiently little to surprise me.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Considering the behaviour that some of the members of this forum are allowed to indulge in virtually or totally consequence free I believe that answer is a given.

Again, why do you believe you are omniscient about everything that takes place on the forum? Many consequences happen in private. When I was admin, many people complained that someone got away with something when I knew for a fact it was dealt with behind the scenes. The offender simply didn't kick up a fuss with their punishment.

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
I have a solution: Make them mods

That is not a question. Obey the thread please slowriot rather than making non-discursive statements. Every time an IxTP enters the thread to do this I will be posting the following quote.

INTP said:
Wank wank wank

Again, why do you believe you are omniscient about everything that takes place on the forum? Many consequences happen in private. When I was admin, many people complained that someone got away with something when I knew for a fact it was dealt with behind the scenes. The offender simply didn't kick up a fuss with their punishment.

Personal experience and shared experience with others. You seem to assume that people don't talk, that's silly. There is no omniscience at play, you are deluding yourself if you think so.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Personal experience and shared experience with others. You seem to assume that people don't talk, that's silly. There is no omniscience at play, you are deluding yourself if you think so.

Why are you so sure your data set isn't flawed?

slowriot

He who laughs
Enneagram
5w4
That is not a question. Obey the thread please slowriot rather than making non-discursive statements. Every time an IxTP enters the thread to do this I will be posting the following quote.

Okay, if one cant make them mods, one cant get them banned and one cant complain about it since it only makes one look bad, what is one supposed to do then?

Last edited:

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
Why are you so sure your data set isn't flawed?

This is a mental masturbation argument, especially when I go to significant lengths to point out biases and errors simply because I'm sick of the mods doing so when it comes to more significant matters. This has GREATLY expanded the dataset therefore reducing the error.

[MENTION=3]MacGuffin[/MENTION] consider this quote today.

(In that case, Fe rules dominate: Don't take over someone else's thread, start your own instead. Virtual real estate here for you guys is free. There is no reason to swipe someone else's thread. Where does that Fe rule come from, for me? I dunno. It seems Ti/Fe, it's a rational judgment based on the logic above -- give people autonomy to do their own thing, do your own thing in your own space, there's no real need to disrespect someone else's space.)

Consider what I posted in this thread here, I even kept a little tracker of admin/mod movements regarding it:

For the past hour I have intentionally left the post from Gish #185 unreported; during that time 3 moderators/admins have ignored that is a completely off topic diatribe.

Got Bias? :bye:

********** Tickertape! **********

Fidelia in thread, invisible. 14.23
Kasper in Modbox 15.04
Patches came 15.18, Patches went, 15.22
Patches in Modbox 15.24

Wonder what the topic is :)

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
Okay, if one cant make them mods, one cant get them banned and one cant complain about since it only makes one look bad, what is one supposed to do then?

I'm not the smartest cat around, could you clean this question up?

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is a mental masturbation argument, especially when I go to significant lengths to point out biases and errors simply because I'm sick of the mods doing so when it comes to more significant matters. This has GREATLY expanded the dataset therefore reducing the error.

[MENTION=3]MacGuffin[/MENTION] consider this quote today.

Consider what I posted in this thread here, I even kept a little tracker of admin/mod movements regarding it:

What did you want done?

Status
Not open for further replies.