• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Ask Jim Anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I purged my friends list, my wall and my groups because people who have been my friends in TypoC have been made targets in the past in part due to their friendship with me. From other members and from moderation staff who are mostly still active as moderation staff. Those who know me well enough have access to me via a number of other mediums. There are more of these than anyone knows because I intentionally keep them at an appropriate distance. This includes members who are active on this forum, members who are inactive on this forum and also members who have been banned from this forum.

ah. i'm sorry you had to deal with that.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
InvisibleJim, why do you feel so persecuted?

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
ah. i'm sorry you had to deal with that.

I wouldn't worry about it; it keeps me entertained and uses up some spare brain capacity exercising gravitas.

InvisibleJim, why do you feel so persecuted?

Have you not questioned why there are so few actual INTJs on any typology forums after all this time? It is well documented INTJs are nothing if not loyal (and ultimately inertia driven) individuals.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
^ this would point evidence to you being an ISTJ - fiercely loyal and a staunch defender. There aren't many ISTJ's around these parts, that's for sure.

Just sayin' ... ultimately my opinion is irrelevant in the context of your own self-typing, but I do see a lot of ISTJ characteristics in you.

Are you close on the S - N score? That could explain it too.

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
^ this would point evidence to you being an ISTJ - fiercely loyal and a staunch defender. There aren't many ISTJ's around these parts, that's for sure.

Incorrect. ISTJs are akin to Patches (at least according to Lenore/Beebe and Keirsey) being sycophantic. INTJs are loyal to the system but not to the people. Believe me, I have grilled friends who have stepped in my system space. I've been thoroughly typed by many individuals as INTJ and also as ILI-Te in Socionics. Even my greatest foes who none of you actually know and who hacked this forum are willing to admit that fact.

ISTJs are descriptively classed as non-boat rockers because they don't visualize underlying implications and where things are going.

You should be careful not to attempt grand pronouncements with such limited knowledge both of the individual and of the subject.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
But you just said you defend and protect the people, your friends, no?

A

Anew Leaf

Just sayin' ... ultimately my opinion is irrelevant in the context of your own self-typing, but I do see a lot of ISTJ characteristics in you.

Are you close on the S - N score? That could explain it too.

Actually the INTJs I have been closest to, are extremely loyal. And in all honesty I have had the most true loyalty from NTs in my life. They are depicted as being so robotic at times (and at times they richly deserve this description ^_^) but overall once you are "in" with them... you are kind of in for life*.

*With the usual disclaimers of, until you do something unforgivable like break their trust, etc.

That Ti/Te is much less fluid than Fi/Fe are, even in friend/relationships. :)

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
But you just said you defend and protect the people, your friends, no?

When the system is corrupt you cannot protect your friends. That is where the ISTJ axiom fails. I build things to last and I hold my friends to very high standards as well.

Actually the INTJs I have been closest to, are extremely loyal. And in all honesty I have had the most true loyalty from NTs in my life. They are depicted as being so robotic at times (and at times they richly deserve this description ^_^) but overall once you are "in" with them... you are kind of in for life*.

*With the usual disclaimers of, until you do something unforgivable like break their trust, etc.

That Ti/Te is much less fluid than Fi/Fe are, even in friend/relationships. :)

Correct. There is only one individual in my life who I am unwilling to communicate with who was once in a very very trusted seat. The details of that are private.

I consider it an important learning experience.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Incorrect. ISTJs are akin to Patches (at least according to Lenore/Beebe and Keirsey) being sycophantic. INTJs are loyal to the system but not to the people. Believe me, I have grilled friends who have stepped in my system space. I've been thoroughly typed by many individuals as INTJ and also as ILI-Te in Socionics. Even my greatest foes who none of you actually know and who hacked this forum are willing to admit that fact.

ISTJs are descriptively classed as non-boat rockers because they don't visualize underlying implications and where things are going.

You should be careful not to attempt grand pronouncements with such limited knowledge both of the individual and of the subject.

I made no declaration, just picking up on your vibe ... carry on.

Agent Jelly

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
I have plenty of friends here. I have no-one on my friends list. Did you need read the above post Jess? :p

Consider that I value my friends sufficiently highly to minimise that occurring.

No I'm bad. I didn't read, lol

A

Anew Leaf

When the system is corrupt you cannot protect your friends. That is where the ISTJ axiom fails. I build things to last and I hold my friends to very high standards as well.

Correct. There is only one individual in my life who I am unwilling to communicate with who was once in a very very trusted seat. The details of that are private.

I consider it an important learning experience.

In regards to how to fall out of favor with an INTJ - what makes the list that may be unusual, if anything? (Not intending to pry into your situation, just in general I am curious.) And by unusual I mean... I think it's safe to say that lying, cheating, etc are on the list.

My experience with NTs in general... I feel like INTJs are the most extremely loyal, followed fairly closely by INTPs. ENTJs I don't have as much experience with, so I feel I can't draw a good definitive conclusion. ENTPs - much more varied...

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
No I'm bad. I didn't read, lol

JESSSS!

In regards to how to fall out of favor with an INTJ - what makes the list that may be unusual, if anything? (Not intending to pry into your situation, just in general I am curious.) And by unusual I mean... I think it's safe to say that lying, cheating, etc are on the list...

The usual applies. It's a dangerous game for INTJs because when you are 'in' we will willingly cross the country to solve a momentary problem and mobilize the army if required, that is easily within our ability if it is proportionate. However, if you have been to that level then you break the premise of it by specifically revealing the past basis and the origin of the friendship to have been lying and cheating etc. that would be the easiest way to earn that sweet spot of hatred and indifference which is designed to make in no clear means known that you are no longer welcome within gunshot distance and the traditional death stare.

Status
Not open for further replies.