• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Ask Jim Anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
I can't answer a nonsense question.

Is the question: Based upon the extremely 'loose' definition of 'Ni experiences' I use, could you share your most 'loose definition of Ni experience evar'?

Oh I see, you haven't had any then. k, np. :cheers:

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
And given this:

I think I have ample evidence to show that NeffPeas are the best of the Ne types.

/Thread.

Another thread haz been won by Saturned! *plants flag into moonrock*

LOL.

InvisibleJim

Permabanned

This is how NFPs end up with NTJs you know. The cunning use of Flags and Flirting.

*coughs politely*

I celebrated my Saturn birthday a couple of years ago.

Do you have plans for celebrating yours?

I dislike my birthday; I try to keep it as big a secret as possible. I prefer going out for a nice meal with family. However, I do like buying myself something nice :D

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How do you define love and what is your manner of conveying that love to someone else?

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
This is how NFPs end up with NTJs you know. The cunning use of Flags and Flirting.

Whatever goes on between you and the NFP's might be better left unsaid. "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas" sorta thing.

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
How do you define love and what is your manner of conveying that love to someone else?

Love is having an excessively positive attraction to another such that to be in disagreement or at distance with the subject can cause physical or emotional pain. This balanced by euphoria upon re-engagement. The danger with all emotions are that at a moment they are intense but as individuals we are only sensitive to step changes in emotion and your body quickly adjusts to the changes in hormone levels back to a standard mode waiting for the next step change.

I don't know how you convey love; it is a far to complex a phenomenon to describe properly when experienced.

Whatever goes on between you and the NFP's might be better left unsaid. "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas" sorta thing.

This is why NFPs are interesting; because they prefer you to say it.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thank you for your response!

I don't know how you convey love; it is a far to complex a phenomenon to describe properly when experienced.

How would your partner know you loved them? How do you make that known? Words? Actions? The commitment/time itself? By virtue of the fact that you are with them?

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
I've noticed you often express displeasure with INTPs, and while I agree that the less intelligent ones can be borderline unbearable, I've found the same to be true of INTJs who are less intelligent. Have you found that the majority of INTPs with whom you associate fail to offer you an acceptable social experience? Also, what would you say are the main differences between the INTP and INTJ?

You seem to consider that I chose my friends based upon 'social experience'. That is one of the main differences between INTP and INTJ and one of the reasons there are so few clear INTJs active on this and on other forums including INTJ forum.

I'm not talking about friendship, simply casual social interaction (I'm not sure what else to call this). I'm fairly certain you would not complain about a type if you didn't have real life experience with that type.

There is a difference? :)

I've quoted this conversation for clarity, so that I can better communicate what I'm attempting to ask. My original question wasn't meant to assume anything about the way you select your friends; in fact, I would venture to guess that the majority of your negative opinions about INTPs don't come from observing your friends, but from observing those individuals with which you only have casual or fleeting interaction.

Through my observations of you on this forum, I notice that you seem to hold INTJs in high regard, and tend to display a distate for INTPs (whether this is actually how you feel is another story). My question was an attempt at figuring out what substantive differences there are between INTJs and INTPs (in your experience) which causes you to feel so differently about the two types.

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
Through my observations of you on this forum, I notice that you seem to hold INTJs in high regard, and tend to display a distate for INTPs (whether this is actually how you feel is another story). My question was an attempt at figuring out what substantive differences there are between INTJs and INTPs (in your experience) which causes you to feel so differently about the two types.

You state that I tend to hold INTJs in high regard. There are only 2 'real' 'active' INTJs, I can think of, Uumlau and Oakysage. In that case: I like the clarity of communication from Uumlau. I like the visual imagery which Oakysage communicates with.

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
I used the wrong term, I was intending to point out that logical pathways followed by the INTP type are insular to discussion with others; whether you consider the method useful to you is your concern.

What would the right term be?

How do the logical pathways that the INTP type use relate to wolfy's question about the differences between ISFP and ISTP?

Is the usefulness of a method as much my concern as it yours when you are the one using it?

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
You state that I tend to hold INTJs in high regard. There are only 2 'real' 'active' INTJs, I can think of, Uumlau and Oakysage. In that case: I like the clarity of communication from Uumlau. I like the visual imagery which Oakysage communicates with.

I haven't really observed you expressing positive feelings for any particular INTJ, but when you talk about INTJs and INTPs in the abstract, your tonality and and content tend to be markedly more negative when referring to the latter. Since most of the type descriptions I've read are generally very positive, and since many of your ideas are unique (I haven't heard them expressed elsewhere on the net) I just assumed that they were based upon some empirical evidence or perhaps a consequence of some abstract reasoning.

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
What would the right term be?

How do the logical pathways that the INTP type use relate to wolfy's question about the differences between ISFP and ISTP?

Is the usefulness of a method as much my concern as it yours when you are the one using it?

1) Whatever you want it to be, how does one translate a thought to speech?
2) I don't know.
3) It's doesn't need to be your concern, however it is your choice. You are unlikely to ever see the method as I do.

I haven't really observed you expressing positive feelings for any particular INTJ, but when you talk about INTJs and INTPs in the abstract, your tonality and and content tend to be markedly more negative when referring to the latter. Since most of the type descriptions I've read are generally very positive, and since many of your ideas are unique (I haven't heard them expressed elsewhere on the net) I just assumed that they were based upon some empirical evidence or perhaps a consequence of some abstract reasoning.

Most of my experiences with INTPs are generally negative against my values; they make poor colleagues, poor businessmen, poor managers, poor forum moderators and to be honest weak friends. Therefore my opinions are based upon all of these factors. However, since before you asked for particulars and then stated you 'hadn't seen it anyway' I'm going to cut the crap. You are INTP. What is the answer you want to hear because otherwise you are just going to keep rolling the dice and hope to hear it.

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
Most of my experiences with INTPs are generally negative against my values; they make poor colleagues, poor businessmen, poor managers, poor forum moderators and to be honest weak friends. Therefore my opinions are based upon all of these factors. However, since before you asked for particulars and then stated you 'hadn't seen it anyway' I'm going to cut the crap. You are INTP. What is the answer you want to hear because otherwise you are just going to keep rolling the dice and hope to hear it.

Thanks for continuing to work with me here. It isn't that I wanted a particular answer, but that I wanted a particular kind of answer (that is, the answer to my question, or at least to the question I was attempting to ask). You've provided some additional information with this latest answer in the form of reasons why you have a distate for INTPs. However, the primary purpose of my inquisition is to get an idea of the contrasts you've observed between INTPs and INTJs which make the former poor businessmen, poor managers, poor forum moderators and weak friends; and presumably which make the latter better businessmen, better managers, better forum moderators and better friends.

I understand that my questions aren't marked by the frivolity that most here are, and I know you might not be inclined to answer because, frankly, these take deeper thought, and thought is only worthwhile if the topic is of interest. However, I appreciate what you've answered so far and enjoy hearing your perspective.

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
I understand that my questions aren't marked by the frivolity that most here are, and I know you might not be inclined to answer because, frankly, these take deeper thought, and thought is only worthwhile if the topic is of interest. However, I appreciate what you've answered so far and enjoy hearing your perspective.

I appreciate the least frivolous questions the most.

However, as I said above, there is nothing worse than but... but... but... but...

A clear concise question will earn a clear concise response :)

If you are unsure what the question you are asking actually is then it is usually best to engage brain and disengage vocal chords until the question has matured like a fine wine.

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
Do you think humility in the face of truth is a sign of weakness or strength?

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
How you and I communicate:

1: What is your favorite color?

2: You assume that I'm not colorblind. It is interesting how those individuals who can see color automatically presume that everyone else can as well.

1: Oh, sorry. Are you completely colorblind or only partially colorblind; and if only partially, do you have a favorite color from the ones you can see?

2: I didn't say I was colorblind, only that you assumed I wasn't colorblind. Now you're assuming I am colorblind. You ask too many questions.

1: Sorry, I was just curious about whether you appreciated a particular color more than others, I didn't mean to cause you displeasure.

2: Society wasn't build with good intentions, it was built with hard work. Try harder to have your intentions match your results, ok?

1:
okayguy.jpg
Okay.

How we could communicate:

1: What is your favorite color?

2: Blue.

1: Thanks.

Why can't we do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.