• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Ask Jim Anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What's the deal with this thread?

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
You seem to consider that I chose my friends based upon 'social experience'. That is one of the main differences between INTP and INTJ and one of the reasons there are so few clear INTJs active on this and on other forums including INTJ forum.

I'm not talking about friendship, simply casual social interaction (I'm not sure what else to call this). I'm fairly certain you would not complain about a type if you didn't have real life experience with that type.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Have you ever said to a woman, "Baby, if loving you is wrong, then I don't want to be right!"??

Would you ever want to love a woman that much?

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
Dear Invisible Jim,

Thanks for your previous reply.

More questions:

1.) What was / is the most "Ni" experience of your life (so far)?
2.) Do you have any siblings?
3.) What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?
4.) Do you balance your personal finances at the end of the month?
5.) If you could choose between a day at a museum or a day at a water park, which would you choose? And why?
6.) What is more important to you at this point in your life: protection of capital or maximizing return?
7.) Have you ever eaten caviar? Did you like it?
8.) How many questions would it take for you to grow impatient with one poster?
9.) How many questions would it take for you to grow impatient with this thread?
10.) If you had a private jet, where is the first place you would choose to fly it? And why?

1) One does not experience cognition, cognition is a process as a result of input, therefore you process experiences through cognition.
2) Yes, a brother.
3) All of them, but I especially enjoy trying new flavours and also plain ice cream.
4) If you mean do I sit and do the sums? No, although I did used to have to keep records for tax, now I don't. If you mean do I ensure income=>expenditure, then oui.
5) I would prefer a museum its calmer and I enjoy learning more about history.
6) Both
7) No, I don't think I would enjoy it however.
8) 8
9) 9
10) I would probably fly to New York. Everyone has to say they flew into Newark in their private jet at least once.

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
What is 'singular introspection' and what can it be contrasted to? What other items or categories exist in the 'introspection' group? (Am I making a correct assumption it's a group?)

I question the usefulness of that identification method. Humans compare themselves to the people around them and take cues. They do this to different degrees, but I'd imagine the groups most driven to do so would be those most concerned with "fitting in" and finding a clear role in the social hierarchy.

I used the wrong term, I was intending to point out that logical pathways followed by the INTP type are insular to discussion with others; whether you consider the method useful to you is your concern.

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
1- @bold.... by fast cycling star do you mean one of those exoplanets that have a day of a few hours? Or one that run through their stores of elements quickly and burn out? (haha)

In your analogy of Ni being a star ripped apart by a black hole. Are you envisioning it as star = information, and Ni = black hole?

2- Ok, I'll bite (ahaha)! Where should you partake of lunch and a beverage that isn't earth?

3- Have you read the book "Just Six Numbers?"

4- I have a friend who is always unfailingly polite unless someone annoys him enough. His reasoning is that it is more efficient to be polite to others because time spent arguing is time wasted. I have him pegged as an INTJ. Does this sound right? (I ask because Te is your Aux and the face one usually sees towards the world.)

5- Your number 5 actually has two 5s making your statement ironic.

:)

1) Quickly burn out
1b) The star is ideas, the black whole is a representation of the mass of the star vanishing and energy being released as a singular gamma ray stream.
2) Exactly! I'm sure there are some nice restaurants somewhere though.
3) Nope, but I've heard about the 6 numbers that when used set up the 'maths' for the universe.
4) Firstly, I'm not inside his head and also 1 sentence is not sufficient information to type a stranger, third, I'm not going to spend ages typing someone in this thread.
5) But what about 6?

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
In my close analysis/interactions, I work with 17 NTJ's, 9 NTP's, and 1 NFJ. After a while, it becomes apparent what types they are.

But, yeah, maybe you're right. Maybe the boss is INTJ and all the other peon's are INTP's. Heh. :happy2:

And none of them are sensors? For real?

I don't buy it.

:wizfreak:

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
And none of them are sensors? For real?

I don't buy it.

:wizfreak:

Oh, there are sensors that work in the building - many of them. Just not the professors. The sensors are on a different floor. That's just the way we get down around here. Segregation in schools is back.

A

Anew Leaf

1) Quickly burn out
1b) The star is ideas, the black whole is a representation of the mass of the star vanishing and energy being released as a singular gamma ray stream.
2) Exactly! I'm sure there are some nice restaurants somewhere though.
3) Nope, but I've heard about the 6 numbers that when used set up the 'maths' for the universe.
4) Firstly, I'm not inside his head and also 1 sentence is not sufficient information to type a stranger, third, I'm not going to spend ages typing someone in this thread.
5) But what about 6?

I like the way you think since you have far more knowledge about physics than I do. I like your new analogy.
What type of star are us Ne people then?

That's it for now.... thanks! :D

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
I'm not talking about friendship, simply casual social interaction (I'm not sure what else to call this). I'm fairly certain you would not complain about a type if you didn't have real life experience with that type.

There is a difference? :)

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
But you know what I mean ... can you share?

I can't answer a nonsense question.

Is the question: Based upon the extremely 'loose' definition of 'Ni experiences' I use, could you share your most 'loose definition of Ni experience evar'?

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
Oh, there are sensors that work in the building - many of them. Just not the professors. The sensors are on a different floor. That's just the way we get down around here. Segregation in schools is back.

If you were asking for cash for that, I would be sending your synopsis back to the drawing board. :happy2:

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
I like the way you think since you have far more knowledge about physics than I do. I like your new analogy.
What type of star are us Ne people then?

That's it for now.... thanks! :D

Perhaps T-tauri is a better visual objectification?

6_a1ae8ebf66110513af3385295f837b59.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.