• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Ask Jim Anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
Sure, go for it. I have a few hours/weeks to answer your queries.

Any questions which are just shit will be ignored and also I'm not a fan of betraying the privacy of other users so don't be surprised if I ignore questions on that basis. All answers, as ever will be honest even if you don't like the response.

Resonance

Energizer Bunny
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
6w5
What happened to free up this time/boredom-space? Or, alternatively, what happened to increase your level of goodwill towards the forum's userbase?

Or whatever. You get the point.

Nicodemus

What are the qualifications you could but will not flaunt in the other thread?

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
What happened to free up this time/boredom-space? Or, alternatively, what happened to increase your level of goodwill towards the forum's userbase?

Or whatever. You get the point.

To
a) nothing its just the ebbs and flows of life.
b) I do not really have any goodwill towards the forum userbase; I do have good will towards certain members however.
c) I probably didn't, when someone says 'you get the point' the other person usually does not.

Post Edit Advice: If you find what you wrote difficult to understand then how can you expect anyone else to properly do so?

What are the qualifications you could but will not flaunt in the other thread?

I'm a 1st class masters post-graduate chemical and processing engineer. The only higher academic achievements I could have would be a doctorate and then to hold a professorship.

I've been an engineer developing greenfield redeveloping existing brownfield oil fields at the conceptual level and building up development plans which are now entering production for several years.

I once spent 3 months looking at over 600-700 well test samples and pvt analysis of petrochemical properties for one of the most mature oilfields in the middle east and how they correlated to minimum miscibility pressure then running statistical and stochastic analysis to give best fit guesses across the field and also proving the statistical relevance of what was measured which was then reviewed by the technical boards of several multinationals who are full of doctorates from MIT/ICL and technical experts. Yes, I know plenty of things about statistics in both theory and in the real world and it has been peer tested and reviewed thoroughly.

I also spent about a year working as an economist. Woe unto me.

Last edited:

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What happened to Good Jim? For the record, I prefer Bad Jim.

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
What happened to Good Jim? For the record, I prefer Bad Jim.

It depends if I am addressing the forum or individual members as to which hat I wear. Situational behaviour is a very clear and demarcated IJ dichotomy trait because the IJ doesn't flee the unfamiliar but wraps themselves around it, the inner world flexes to deal with the changing environment that it experiences.

In summary:
EP types behave true to the self and when acting out of sync appear to obviously do so
IJ types don't just change mask they change themselves
IP types exhibit that they will avoid situations which don't allow them to be themselves
EJ types try to change the situation to meet their requirements.

Resonance

Energizer Bunny
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
6w5
To
a) nothing its just the ebbs and flows of life.
b) I do not really have any goodwill towards the forum userbase; I do have good will towards certain members however.
c) I probably didn't, when someone says 'you get the point' the other person usually does not.

Post Edit Advice: If you find what you wrote difficult to understand then how can you expect anyone else to properly do so?

It doesn't matter. You did indeed 'get it' and answered :eek:

I guess if I wanted be 'easy to understand' I would ask 'why this thread?' but that seems like there would be too many possible interpretations to give an honest answer.

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
It doesn't matter. You did indeed 'get it' and answered :eek:

I guess if I wanted be 'easy to understand' I would ask 'why this thread?' but that seems like there would be too many possible interpretations to give an honest answer.

Why this thread? Because I recently retired and then came back, therefore I thought it would be of interest to the forum to grill me. More importantly the forum was very quiet this morning so I thought I would make some noise to liven it up.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
When you near the end of your life, what do you suspect will be something you will wish you had done more of, or invested more time into?

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
What stoked your interest in typology?

I was asked to come 'liven' up PerC while my brother and his wife were running some IRC channels there. They were asked to do so by Ungweliante who they have been familiar with for many years (INTJ<->ENFP). I was interested having recently ended an engagement in discovering more about myself. I have yet to discover anything I didn't know although perhaps I have became a fraction of a percent better at interacting with people when I want to be nice to them even though that was not my intention.

When you near the end of your life, what do you suspect will be something you will wish you had done more of, or invested more time into?

Possibly, but then again possibly not. Projections tend to break down without significant study beyond the 5 year mark.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
what is your favorite thing to do?

besides talk with all of us on typoc of course ;)

Nicodemus

How many of the following traits apply to you?

1. Has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)
  2. Is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love
  3. Believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions)
  4. Requires excessive admiration
  5. Has a sense of entitlement, i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations
  6. Is interpersonally exploitative, i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends
  7. Lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others
  8. Is often envious of others or believes others are envious of him or her

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
what is your favorite thing to do?

besides talk with all of us on typoc of course ;)

Flirting or enjoying countless hours playing computer games, depending on my mood. :D

How many of the following traits apply to you?

1. Has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)
  2. Is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love
  3. Believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions)
  4. Requires excessive admiration
  5. Has a sense of entitlement, i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations
  6. Is interpersonally exploitative, i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends
  7. Lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others
  8. Is often envious of others or believes others are envious of him or her

4 of the above traits apply to me.

A

Anew Leaf

Dear Ask Jim,

What are the pros of cons you have discovered with INFPs?

And in regards to the cons, are these things we as a type should change or simply be aware of?

How does one not end a sentance or question with a preposition?

Why does red meat turn gray when you cook it?

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Do you think it is more important to be intelligent or be a good person? (You get to define "good").

G

Ginkgo

What kinds of drugs do you do? Crack, heroin, and meth, or just crack and heroin?

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
Dear Ask Jim,

What are the pros of cons you have discovered with INFPs?

And in regards to the cons, are these things we as a type should change or simply be aware of?

How does one not end a sentance or question with a preposition?

Why does red meat turn gray when you cook it?

INFPs
Pros - Generally honest, know what they want, have strong viewpoints.
Cons - Often mistyped and not INFP, can often not agree to disagree.
I don't think people should change anything if they do not wish to do so.

It's easy not to end a sentence with preposition or question, it's not ending it in a postposition or a question that is tricky.

Myglobin cells turn brown by oxidising. They have a lot of iron in them. White meat does not have as much myglobin hence it is not so red before cooking and does not turn brown afterwards.

Human meat is white/yellow.

Do you think it is more important to be intelligent or be a good person? (You get to define "good").

Good. Good is defined as honest with yourself and others. I don't have time for most people who claim they are good and then discover some time later that they can easily gel their past dishonesty with them still being 'good' as they suddenly change what they wish or require because they have found better or for their own convenience. This is a particular problem with ENFPs. If you can follow that definition of honesty then you are also trustworthy. This is an important attribute. I would rather someone is honest and tells me the truth than is playing a tune or covering up what they think for short term benefit every time.

I don't have time for mental masturbation, therefore I do not view it as especially important to be intelligent; intelligence should not be used to dupe those around you.

What kinds of drugs do you do? Crack, heroin, and meth, or just crack and heroin?

I drink alcohol occasionally (very occasionally)

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
Have you ever tried cooking human meat? If so, what color does it become and how does it taste?

I have not. I forecast it tastes much like any other white meat, chicken(ish). As I said in post #18 it is white/yellow.

Status
Not open for further replies.