• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] What MBTI types are most likely to pursue further knowledge of MBTI and personality?

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The thing is INTx's do actually use automations. Quite alot actually. Of course if it were our job to collect ten eggs from ten hens a day we would perform repeat patterns. I think that alot of us really, really, really enjoy repetitive tasks. As long as we're aware of the outcome being profitable opposed to being a waste of time. We make constant adjustments to everything until everything is running as smooth as possible. We don't just cross our fingers and hope for the best. We refine, refine, refine until our shit shines. Hell, one of the reasons we're so introverted to even start with is because we spend so much time creating these time saving patterns. We then apply such patterns to the real world and tend to get things done faster than anyone else because we've sat and nitpicked every possible factor and outcome.

I think everyone with any sense needs to do this. Everyone refines and fine tunes things to create a better outcome, unless they have some screws missing. It's called a learning curve.

NickNaylor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
8/SX
Is knowledge ahead or is it in the past?
It is in the past.
Is further knowledge ahead then?

*cracks knuckles*

Is a your picture of a house cat? If so, I must say, it is a beautiful cat indeed.
Does a house cat roam in the wild?
House cats roam in a house.
Does a wild cat roam in the house? Perhaps after it has been domesticated. HOWEVER, the feline pictured in your avatar would explain otherwise.
In this case, does "wildcat" and "housecat" draw a direct connection (not an Ne one, mind you)?
If this is the case, I find it highly illogical that your username is "wildcat", with a contradictory picture to "match".
After all, you aren't driving me wild.

G

Ginkgo

I hope you're not suggesting here the possibility that unintelligent NT's don't exist..
they do.. & it's about as painful a sight to behold as a callous NF or scaredcat xSTP..

Silence, witch! We will have none of your idealistic forest frolicks of nudity in this thread!

R

ReflecTcelfeR

*sigh* I'll get the torches ready... Another protestor burnt at the stake.

G

Ginkgo

*cracks knuckles*

Is a your picture of a house cat? If so, I must say, it is a beautiful cat indeed.
Does a house cat roam in the wild?
House cats roam in a house.
Does a wild cat roam in the house? Perhaps after it has been domesticated. HOWEVER, the feline pictured in your avatar would explain otherwise.
In this case, does "wildcat" and "housecat" draw a direct connection (not an Ne one, mind you)?
If this is the case, I find it highly illogical that your username is "wildcat", with a contradictory picture to "match".
After all, you aren't driving me wild.

wildcat puts you to shame being himself.

He's actually on topic and you're not.
The thing is INTx's do actually use automations. Quite alot actually. Of course if it were our job to collect ten eggs from ten hens a day we would perform repeat patterns. I think that alot of us really, really, really enjoy repetitive tasks. As long as we're aware of the outcome being profitable opposed to being a waste of time. We make constant adjustments to everything until everything is running as smooth as possible. We don't just cross our fingers and hope for the best. We refine, refine, refine until our shit shines. Hell, one of the reasons we're so introverted to even start with is because we spend so much time creating these time saving patterns. We then apply such patterns to the real world and tend to get things done faster than anyone else because we've sat and nitpicked every possible factor and outcome. We do alot of our learning via strict observation of others. We sit on a fence and stare at the people who are failing and come to a solution in our minds then we jump off of that fence and apply the solution. To everyone else it looks like we seemingly have a natural talent but we just stared at the modern mans rubix cube a little longer and figured it out. We've a less hands on approach and a more head on approach. Think before you act and all that.

I disagree with only seeing black and white. If we only saw black and white we'd probably enjoy ourselves alot more than we do. Not all the colours in the world are pretty and sometimes it's best not to look into discovering them all because once you've discovered truth about something it's almost impossible to turn a blind eye. Finding things out about the world that change your entire perspective is similar to a child discovering that Santa Claus isn't real. The magic surrounding certain events fade to black and the excitement is impossible to regain. You might find a bunch of INTx's that will tell you ignorance is bliss but you'll also find a bunch that will tell you that knowledge is peace of mind. We seek truth, we seek facts. We couldn't give less of a fuck about the abstract unless we'd all become artists over scientists.

Don't you feel embarrassed sounding like a "sensor"? After all, intuitives prefer abstract perception. Amirite?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
All the OP proves is that many people have typed themselves as Intuitives, not that they actually are.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Oh and my favorite tidbit to add to this is that some people on PersN have Jung typed as ISTP.

Isn't that scintillating? What if the original theory was created by an ISTP?

How embarrassing for all of the N snobs...

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
Oh and my favorite tidbit to add to this is that some people on PersN have Jung typed as ISTP.

In real terms Jung was certainly a Ti type; I've never read anything approaching concise from Jung. Whether he has Ne or Se auxiliary I cannot determine.

Jaguar

All the OP proves is that many people have typed themselves as Intuitives, not that they actually are.

in·tu·i·tion
 
direct perception of truth, fact, etc., independent of any reasoning process; immediate apprehension.

Any human being has the ability to be intuitive. That would be true whether MBTI existed or not. If you think an MBTI "intuitive" and a person who is truly intuitive are one and the same, you are sadly mistaken.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
in·tu·i·tion
 
direct perception of truth, fact, etc., independent of any reasoning process; immediate apprehension.

Any human being has the ability to be intuitive. That would be true whether MBTI existed or not. If you think an MBTI "intuitive" and a person who is truly intuitive are one and the same, you are sadly mistaken.

When did I ever say they were one in the same? I have frequently on this board clarified the difference between the two things, which is why I capitalized the word.

Jaguar

When did I ever say they were one in the same? I have frequently on this board clarified the difference between the two things, which is why I capitalized the word.

Hence the word, "If" being used in my post.
Edit: My post was for all eyes, and not even yours in particular.
Don't take it personally. I just tagged your post to make a point.

Coming up with 10 uses for a tampon is not "intuitive." :wink:

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
in·tu·i·tion
 

The most intuitive people I've known would likely be typed as ISFJs. It's just that the "truth" that they see is often obvious in retrospect. However, what I've come to realize is that the ability to immediately understand those truths that we later deem obvious is a lot rarer and more precious than many of us would like to admit.

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Is that Cindy Crawford? :)

LoL, yes, I think Jung was a possible istp.
I could see myself pursuing a career in psychology, actually. I love to study, analyze, observe, research and categorize. I'm very systems-based. Regardless of what others want to determine I am and enjoy based on se..... LoL...... :)

I will say this, concerning N's:
I live with an NT, and he does stupid shit just like everyone else. :D