• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] What MBTI types are most likely to pursue further knowledge of MBTI and personality?

Lex Talionis

MBTI Type
INTJ
MBTI is deeply rooted in theory. Sensors are less interested in (less capable of, in my opinion) theoretical insight and so generally abstain from such.

Let's face it: one group of humanity is not evolving at the same rate as another.

uncommonentity

I find that sensors prefer to see what they want to see and the intuitive prefer to find out what is actually there. MTBI to me is all about finding out what is actually there. Sensory & Feeling types tend to put their suspicions, assumptions & emotions over science & math until they get hurt enough times to want to pursue the gritty facts. I think honestly any type will seek out more if they feel inclined to but NT's are more the type to be like 'wait a minute, what the fuck is this shit?' and check it out. I mean our nature to check things out and analyze the property of things beyond face value is the reason we're supposedly intelligent to begin with. We don't just look at something. We look deep into things. We perform mental alchemy with an encyclopedia of gathered ingredients.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I hope you're not suggesting here the possibility that unintelligent NT's don't exist..
they do.. & it's about as painful a sight to behold as a callous NF or scaredcat xSTP..

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
Considering the very low claimed probability of Ni dominance (2% of population) is Ni and its associated types INTJ and INFJ merely a purely theoretical construct and in reality a statistical error?

What does this mean for Ne?!

*wiggles eyebrows*

Permabanned
Considering the very low claimed probability of Ni dominance (2% of population) is Ni and its associated types INTJ and INFJ merely a purely theoretical construct and in reality a statistical error?

What does this mean for Ne?!

*wiggles eyebrows*
Wrong thread? :huh:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I find that sensors prefer to see what they want to see and the intuitive prefer to find out what is actually there. MTBI to me is all about finding out what is actually there.

Do you believe in what you see ?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Not at first glance.

Then why do you think sensors would ? maybe that what they want to see nowadays is the result of a decision they've made in the past ? The dangers in trieing to see everything are often the loss of sanity, I've seen it happen too often in my life. Maybe sensors are happy with the way things are. How would a world look like in which everybody would see and who could we accuse then to be blind ? isnt it more noble to search for the truth within ourselves and thru the reflection of us through others, than to criticize other peoples world image ?

uncommonentity

Then why do you think sensors would ? maybe that what they want to see nowadays is the result of a decision they've made in the past ? The dangers in trieing to see everything are often the loss of sanity, I've seen it happen too often in my life. Maybe sensors are happy with the way things are. How would a world look like in which everybody would see and who could we accuse then to be blind ? isnt it more noble to search for the truth within ourselves and thru the reflection of us through others, than to criticize other peoples world image ?

To me you can't really base your future off your past. By that I mean just because things have happened once doesn't necessarily mean they're going to happen again. Sure, they might but allowing an occurance of your past to affect future decisions to me is a dick move. Sure, it's a safe move but alot of the greater things in life come at the price of taking a risk and in assuming that something new isn't going to go the same way as something did before. To me, it's better to have an element of faith in something turning out differently even if all ingredients are the same you'll never bake an absolutely identical cake. I do fully agree with how you touched on the loss of sanity. You can really lose your mind if you go too far. But again, some of the biggest discoveries/inventions of mankind have come from those the majority thought to be insane. I'm not criticizing the sensory but I do believe they're not doing themselves any favours viewing the world through the eyes of an optimist. I've seen so many xSFx types get completely trampled on because they didn't look hard enough at who they were dealing with.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
But lets say you are in a management position, maybe middle-management boss of 50 people. You have a son of age ten and a daughter who is seven. A lovely wife that not to rarely demands your attention and a work schedule that is loaded with tasks from 6 am till 8 pm. Wouldnt you then kinda set ever recurring behaviors to just deal with things faster and with less work, as opposed to reviewing every single case everytime with uttmost precision and deep thought ? Wouldnt you agree that if things and processes are to work then you need to be a little less profound with things and maybe even in some cases do it after the same pattern so you are able to cope with things at all ?

then imagine that 18 year old college student, who has lots of time and needs to care for nobody, has no responsibilities and does his first internship in your company. That he comes to you and says: "hey boss you are a sensor, I'll never become like you". Do you think thats fair or that the claim is even realistic ? I dont

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
@ICUP, I've read your post and found it confusing and not exactly relating my question. If Mary Jane was being tactful, what is her motivation for doing so? Unless she told you, you'd have no idea of what her motivation was and what type she is. And even if she told you her type, there's no way you'd be able to accurately figure out her motivation.

There's no correlation between MBTI and motive. Behaviour might display some correlation but for certain, this isn't a one-to-one comparative.

The question was a bit vague to me.
That example does not prove there is no correlation between motive and type. Just because there might be no correlation between one example of a motive and mbti, that doesn't mean there is no correlation between ANY motives and type. There are.
I expect that some people will see it, and some won't, and that's ok with me.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I imagine a philosopher has asked "What is color?"

Is he S or N?

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Exactly. Profundity of thought comes from both sides of the fence. And it's all theory because when you ask questions like that there are no concrete answers, which begs the point it's not about content, but what motivated the content.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Profundity of thought comes from both sides of the fence. And it's all theory because when you ask questions like that there are no concrete answers, which begs the point it's not about content, but what motivated the content.

I like this. :D

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
S.

An N would have asked "What are colors?".

Or, perhaps, "how do you define color in such a way that captures the essence of one's experience of color, and requires no shared experience to express that essential understanding?"

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
You're all wrong a real N does only see black and white :D ( there is profound profundity in that statement, find it ! )

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Well on one hand the N does only see black and white cause he has no emphasis on colors. While on the other hand he likes to categorize all of humanity into 16 functions only and judge them thru his black and white glasses for their profoundness and abstract vision towards things assuming that his abstract vision of the World is for real and not the end result of a druggy party that went wrong badly :)

uncommonentity

But lets say you are in a management position, maybe middle-management boss of 50 people. You have a son of age ten and a daughter who is seven. A lovely wife that not to rarely demands your attention and a work schedule that is loaded with tasks from 6 am till 8 pm. Wouldnt you then kinda set ever recurring behaviors to just deal with things faster and with less work, as opposed to reviewing every single case everytime with uttmost precision and deep thought ? Wouldnt you agree that if things and processes are to work then you need to be a little less profound with things and maybe even in some cases do it after the same pattern so you are able to cope with things at all ?

then imagine that 18 year old college student, who has lots of time and needs to care for nobody, has no responsibilities and does his first internship in your company. That he comes to you and says: "hey boss you are a sensor, I'll never become like you". Do you think thats fair or that the claim is even realistic ? I dont

The thing is INTx's do actually use automations. Quite alot actually. Of course if it were our job to collect ten eggs from ten hens a day we would perform repeat patterns. I think that alot of us really, really, really enjoy repetitive tasks. As long as we're aware of the outcome being profitable opposed to being a waste of time. We make constant adjustments to everything until everything is running as smooth as possible. We don't just cross our fingers and hope for the best. We refine, refine, refine until our shit shines. Hell, one of the reasons we're so introverted to even start with is because we spend so much time creating these time saving patterns. We then apply such patterns to the real world and tend to get things done faster than anyone else because we've sat and nitpicked every possible factor and outcome. We do alot of our learning via strict observation of others. We sit on a fence and stare at the people who are failing and come to a solution in our minds then we jump off of that fence and apply the solution. To everyone else it looks like we seemingly have a natural talent but we just stared at the modern mans rubix cube a little longer and figured it out. We've a less hands on approach and a more head on approach. Think before you act and all that.

I disagree with only seeing black and white. If we only saw black and white we'd probably enjoy ourselves alot more than we do. Not all the colours in the world are pretty and sometimes it's best not to look into discovering them all because once you've discovered truth about something it's almost impossible to turn a blind eye. Finding things out about the world that change your entire perspective is similar to a child discovering that Santa Claus isn't real. The magic surrounding certain events fade to black and the excitement is impossible to regain. You might find a bunch of INTx's that will tell you ignorance is bliss but you'll also find a bunch that will tell you that knowledge is peace of mind. We seek truth, we seek facts. We couldn't give less of a fuck about the abstract unless we'd all become artists over scientists.