• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTJ] ENTJ's; how do you defend yourself against your supervisor "The ISTP's?"

Lindaxo

MBTI Type
ENTJ
You can spot them by the ones who instead of smiling or saying hi when they walk by: they push, kick, or hit you instead. They also have a habit of using notebooks, briefcases, pencils, and pinatas as well. They tend to lure you into a vulnerable position, or just attack when you're in such position. Such as: taking a picture, picking up something off the ground, being in deep thought, walking by, or even the dreaded "standing there."

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
I think you're overgeneralizing specific behaviors a bit there Linda

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Honestly I'm confused...

Possible translation: Lindaxo has an ISTP supervisor who hits her with various objects? As a greeting? (Like the 'ole punch of the shoulder, but with pinatas?)

In which case, tell that person in question to not hit you with objects. Or initiate "hi" before him/her (with a wave while he/she is still too far away to hit, or with a handshake).

Lindaxo

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I've just noticed that they've all been ISTP's. They share a lot of similar characteristics and personality traits and a lot more than that.

Colors: Are you saying that if I just wave at them, then they wont hit me?

istpunk

MBTI Type
istp
probably somehing I expect an ENTJ would try to do to get a rise out of me.

I'd probably massage their buttocks just to get a get back at them, especially their women since their asses are steel.

Lindaxo

MBTI Type
ENTJ
So my options are either "Don't wave- get hit." or "Wave- get buttocks massaged* What kind of options are those????? Unless I misunderstood, you people are crazy!

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
lol wtf?

I'd comment, but seriously, that's all I can say.

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Of the dozen or so ISTPs I have known, each subscribed to a pack/pride mentality -- even those who weren't as overt were more plain in their behavior than another types. Most of the time it's earnest; sometimes it's bullying.

During my first week on my current job, an ISTP coworker challenged me repeatedly. I showed the ISTP that a) while polite, I wasn't easy to pick on; b) I could return verbal fire without hesitation; and c) had limits that, when exceeded, resulted in me scolding him. Within ten days he nicknamed me "Thunder-Mike," and we get along pretty famously.

Electric

MBTI Type
entj
Well this has been my experience,

ISTPs can be similar to the ENTJ in some ways. First of all, they play the same ball game as the ENTJ as both types see a world of dog eat dog.

The 16 Types.info - Socionics and Oldham personality stylesISTP
The 16 Types.info - Socionics and Oldham personality stylesENTJ
Both are lone wolves that are willing to fend for their territory. The ISTP defends the small conservative patch of land(stereotypical conservatism) he has kept unscathed from change. The ENTJ defends the large dynamical world(stereotypical liberalism) that is suppressed by conservatism.

Anyway, this is just an entertaining thought.

What I don't get is how INTPs don't have the same kinship with their ESTJ friends.

betterthandead

MBTI Type
ENFP
ENTJs like hot sweaty kinky sex. I can even see it in my head, lots of thrusting and grabbing, choking.

ESTJ-INTP is different, one wants security the other doesn't care for it. You see where the problem is? That intertype relationship is not even similar to ENTJ-ISTP.

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
What I don't get is how INTPs don't have the same kinship with their ESTJ friends.

I don't know, I phsyically attack every ESTJ I see.

I think I read it in Beside Ourselves, that ESTJs who develop their tertiary Ne can resemble INTPs, I don't know if this true though.

rainfall

MBTI Type
INTP
You can spot them by the ones who instead of smiling or saying hi when they walk by: they push, kick, or hit you instead. They also have a habit of using notebooks, briefcases, pencils, and pinatas as well. They tend to lure you into a vulnerable position, or just attack when you're in such position. Such as: taking a picture, picking up something off the ground, being in deep thought, walking by, or even the dreaded "standing there."

Say, angrily "WTF?!"
If the offender repeats, push him/her and say "Cut it out!" while keeping angry face.
If the offender repeats, headbutt him/her or deliver a kick to a crotch. That should get the message across.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I would be very surprised if ENTJ couldn't defend themselves against ISTP's. :shock:

Lindaxo

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Yes well for some reason every ISTP that does that shit has at least 20 years on me, and is male. I would get my ass beat to the ground. I didn't expect anyone to understand, no one ever does, and nothing ever gets done about it. All I want to know is how I REALLY need to deal with this. They don't respond to politeness and the last thing I even want to do is get angry so I am nowhere. Why can't they just be civil?

Stop, no, and yelling 'what the hell' does not work. Only momentarily, but they're usually back for another round within a couple of hours to a day.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Sounds hard. Have you told about the stuff anybody at work?

Lindaxo

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I have told a lot of people and they just usually support me for sticking up for myself every time, but whats the point if I'm not getting through to them?

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Sometimes situations are so that you would only have a option to continue fighting or flee. Fleeing (getting another job etc.) could be a wise option if you have fought this person a long time and there is no progress in the whole thing. So, if things are not getting anywhere, I would suggest you figure out some other solution for the thing. It is easy for me to say because I'm not in your shoes, but still I say it.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Page 1 of your thread was turning into a :huh: LMAO thread, but I realize Page 2 that you are serious.

So first --
probably somehing I expect an ENTJ would try to do to get a rise out of me.

I'd probably massage their buttocks just to get a get back at them, especially their women since their asses are steel.

ENTJs like hot sweaty kinky sex. I can even see it in my head, lots of thrusting and grabbing, choking.

:huh: WTF? LMAO. Holy :holy: etc. Man, I like it when you ISTP's come out of the wood work, 'cause...WOW.

And I'm also surprised, dang, I've heard rumors that ISTPs are secret agents aka tough loners agka 'most likely to shank someone in a bar fight' but to take on ENTJs openly, like to antagonize them? Brava my steel cajon-ed friends.

Now on to serious reply:

But Lindaxo, could you give more context? How old are you, where do you work, and what context is this hitting in? And what (area of the) country do you live?

Honestly, it sounds like really retarded attempts at flirting with you or discharging any inappropriate sexual tension they feel (being 20 years older) or playing the jokester uncle routine. I would imagine they are doing it jokingly? Without more context, I would tell your union rep/supervisor/the manager/HR to speak with them and say that your ability to work is being seriously impaired as you seriously fear for your safety. Explain that a female, even if these guys 'think' they are joking, that physically it's very possible for them to (inadvertently) hurt you. And also, because you are always on your toes, it's creating unecessary stress and again, impairing your ability to work.