• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Are ENTPs generally immature until their late 30s or early 40s?

Are ENTPs generally immature until their late 30s or early 40s?

• Yes

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
entp.org said:
Generally immature until their late 30s or early 40s, the young ENTP is a socially awkward animal since they rarely fit in with the herd, and require 40 years to comprehend why this is and what to do about it.

Although always testing as INTP, I find myself identifying more and more with ENTP. :rofl1:

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
People accuse me of being ENTP, but I'M NOT I'M NOT I'M NOT I'M NOT!

Anyway, they mature later... early 30s or so.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I always knew exactly why I didnt fit in with the herd and I never will. The herd can go to hell. It's a challenge to keep your individuality and still function in the herd thats true yes but that wont ever change for me.

Concerning taking on responsibility for themselves at first and then others thats a different thing with entps. That prolly takes them to get 30 first and if it doesnt they will have problems later

copperfish17

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What is this I don't even--

A

A window to the soul

Although always testing as INTP, I find myself identifying more and more with ENTP. :rofl1:

I knew it! I've always thought you were ENTP. I secretly just want to hug you now. :hug:

Oh and "yes" to your question; I'm not in that age bracket yet, but I do see gradual progress towards maturity as each year goes by; close enough to speculate.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
two answers to this.

1) yes. entps do not mature. neither does my own type though, curse of Ne. :shrug:

2) around 20 yrs old my entp cousin started becoming noticeably more thoughtful and reflective and responsible. the whole family took note of it. it may have something to do with college or it may just have happened anyway, but it's been quite remarkable.

Chloe

This is what I got from 27 year old ENTP;

When your mother buys you an apartment, we will live together in clutter, you will chase your career during day and I will wait in apartment till you come home and experiment with drugs. Maybe I'll also write something, or paint. We can get a dog too.

He was more serious than not. So, I ask you - are they immature :D

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I know an ENTP in his early 30's I'd like to push down the stairs because he acts like he's 17, but sure, ExxPs in general can seem "immature" for one reason or another.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE

When your mother buys you an apartment, we will live together in clutter, you will chase your career during day and I will wait in apartment till you come home and experiment with drugs. Maybe I'll also write something, or paint. We can get a dog too.

:shock:

Holy sheezy, that screams 'WINNER'. Did you guys get married right away? Or did you wait just a little bit so as not too look too desperate?

:yim_rolling_on_the_

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
Meh...peeps just don't understand what it's like to be beyond maturity.

The average guy's maturity is my fetal stage. It's like how worms can't understand lions. We're just more highly evolved.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Childlike is not the same as childish. This thread be full of haters!

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Personally I find everyone generally immature until they die, thing is everyone has different kinds of immaturities, as an E7 avoidance, indulgence and avoidance is what tickles my giblets, those traits can be labelled as immaturities but I see them as no worse or immature-er-er than an E1 who complains about anything and everyone in their life while they do the responsible citizen thing that includes marriage, mortgage, children and mundane responsibility. The difference is E7 immaturities mixed with ENTPness can read as highly irresponsible and/or reckless by others.

Unfortunately for me I was considered the "responsible" and "mature" one when I was growing up by my peers and their parents. I have my immaturities but I question this blanket statement of ENTPs either never growing up or not maturing until their 30s or whatever. We mature as and when we are taught and/or forced to.

Critical Hit

MBTI Type
ENTP

He was more serious than not. So, I ask you - are they immature :D

Damn. I dont know if I could ever be in a situation where a girl and I were living together while she has a job and I dont. I would just feel completely worthless.

Chloe

:shock:

Holy sheezy, that screams 'WINNER'. Did you guys get married right away? Or did you wait just a little bit so as not too look too desperate?

:yim_rolling_on_the_

he made me an offer i couldn't refuse :yim_rolling_on_the_

Damn. I dont know if I could ever be in a situation where a girl and I were living together while she has a job and I dont. I would just feel completely worthless.

actually, he is working full time job since he was 17, and would never let me pay anything.. but this was his daydreaming and i found it weird and funny.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I think too many people mix up maturity and responsibility. It often appears that people are thinking when you have grown up or reached a certain age you aint allowed to do immature things no more cause then'd you'd be irresponsible. I dare to challenge that and to answer that those people just lack the imagination to know how much fun you can have in life. It's with all things in life important that you achieve balance and dont overdo stuff. I like ceecees signature very much:

"I like to rock n' roll all night and every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3."